Page 381 of 407 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 10162

Thread: The News Thread

ANyone see the "All Lives Matter" guy with the hunting bow in Salt Lake City? Got mauled after firing off one arrow at someone.

To which I'll actually say, "Good."

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm on an all night zoom call with neighbors. we're in shifts covering both ends of the block. All have fire extinguishers at the ready. And whatever blunt objects we can find. Already tracking several suspicious cars rolling through the neighborhood.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    ANyone see the "All Lives Matter" guy with the hunting bow in Salt Lake City? Got mauled after firing off one arrow at someone.

To which I'll actually say, "Good."
    I have not. Sounds like a world class idiot.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I'm on an all night zoom call with neighbors. we're in shifts covering both ends of the block. All have fire extinguishers at the ready. And whatever blunt objects we can find. Already tracking several suspicious cars rolling through the neighborhood.
    Stay safe, stay alert, and be assertive if needed.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Got strength in numbers :-)
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I rather enjoyed this. I guess these people didn't feel like the curfew applied to them.

Frightening!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Producer
    Man... and from the beginning of the news clip it just seems like they're stuck in traffic, all with seatbelts on too.

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Where are you? South Minneapolis? My cousin lives in the twin cities but I think he's in some suburbia enclave, so most likely safe. We hung out in Uptown when I was there and looked at records and DVDs at Cheapos.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Kinda getting tired of all this bullshit. I get people are like "hey smash and loot stores, they are less valuable than George Floyd" which I mean is stupid, like George Floyd wanted people to set fire to America in his memory or he'll magically appear if we just loot everything. BUT there's been deaths in these riots since then that will be underreported since a white cop didn't kill them.

This guy was shot to death in Oakland on Friday night during the protests. No one will spray paint his name on a wall. No one will make him a mural. His black life doesn't matter because it doesn't fit the narrative. Fuck that.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/patri...police-killed/

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Man... and from the beginning of the news clip it just seems like they're stuck in traffic, all with seatbelts on too.

Not the way to handle the situation!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Everyone in the area still okay? Scar? bac0n? E? Sorry if I missed anyone.

I've seen people share pictures of many white guys with white arm bands. Protestors are speculating that these people are infiltrators (cops? supremacists?) And that's their way of identification.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    I've seen people share pictures of many white guys with white arm bands. Protestors are speculating that these people are infiltrators (cops? supremacists?) And that's their way of identification.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk
    Apparently cops in NYC are using them as code. Unless it's more left wing conspiracy garbage which could be. The supremacist thing is absurd. Even if there are a few infiltrators (more likely going to be white cops), the news media pushing this is ridiculous. They were talking about "white supremacists" on the news last night while an image of a black guy with dreads throwing shit at cops was on the screen at the same time. The cognitive dissonance was astounding.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

About a dozen friends and neighbors from the block and I set up a watch last night, working in shifts of an hour and a half each, with one of us watching the north half, the other watching the south. We had a zoom meeting going to share info, and coordinated/shared info with adjoining blocks via Facebook.

I had the 2:30-4:00 shift. It was just me and the dog (the one who will bark at even the slightest noise from outside). The wife and girls and the other dog are at the grandparents.

Fortunately for us, it was a pretty quiet evening. Other neighborhoods were not quite so lucky. About a mile west, in Kingfield neighborhood (so named because it contains MLK Park) reports were coming in of bipedal shitbags marching down the street in full KKK garb. Trying to start a fight no doubt. Fortunately no one took the bait.

North of us, reports that a white supremacist tried to shoot a cop.

I’m exhausted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome you have a community like that though! I'm hoping things will start to calm down Sunday night. Total guess but I'm just trying to use logic.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It was a quiet night up here. A few citations for breaking curfew, but definitely calm.

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    Where are you? South Minneapolis? My cousin lives in the twin cities but I think he's in some suburbia enclave, so most likely safe. We hung out in Uptown when I was there and looked at records and DVDs at Cheapos.
    Yup - South Minneapolis. A little under two miles south of the main protests as a crow flies. About 10 blocks from there George Floyd was killed. If you were in Uptown, then you were on the west end of Lake, which is the street where the protests (and the bulk of the looting and fires) happened.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That's awesome you have a community like that though! I'm hoping things will start to calm down Sunday night. Total guess but I'm just trying to use logic.
    Yeah, my neighbors are some of my nearest, dearest friends. We hang out all the time and are always looking out for each other. I hit the jackpot in that regard.

And yeah, I too am looking forward to things calming down as the weekend nazis crawl back into the cracks they oozed out from.

Denver's curfew definitely helped as far as things went. My home is less than two miles from where majority of the activity went, but all activity has stayed around the capital building and never really extended beyond there.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Here's the bow and arrow guy:

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Any truth to the reports that much of the looting and arsen was done by people from out of state?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Any truth to the reports that much of the looting and arsen was done by people from out of state?
    Initially the Mayor of St. Paul(?) said something to that effect and walked it back. Some sleuths looked into who was being arrested and the vast majority had Minnesota addresses on their jail book-ins.

EDIT: here ya go

https://www.fox9.com/news/jail-recor...sota-addresses
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 05-31-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Yeah only about 20% of the arrests were from out of town.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    It’s been debunked.
    I have no idea if this particular news is true or not, but planting instigators in protests to justify police or military intervention has been a common practice for decades. I wouldn't be so hasty to write it off as conspiracy.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I have no idea if this particular news is true or not, but planting instigators in protests to justify police or military intervention has been a common practice for decades. I wouldn't be so hasty to write it off as conspiracy.
    I am well aware.

Just when I started feeling a little better, some tanker truck just blew through a crowd on the 35W bridge.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I am well aware.

Just when I started feeling a little better, some tanker truck just blew through a crowd on the 35W bridge.