Page 360 of 407 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 10162

Thread: The News Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I don't even know which source to post, but holy shit, this explosion in China. The videos are horrifying.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I don't even know which source to post, but holy shit, this explosion in China. The videos are horrifying.
    No kidding. What the heck happened anyway?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Director
    In case anyone wants to see the videos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c..._port_city_of/

Jeez - that was some explosion.

Can only imagine the devastation.

At least 50 dead so far (12 are firefighters), with 71 in critical condition. Hundreds are hospitalized.

The biggest problem right now is that according to The Guardian, the warehouse at the center of the explosion was holding poison sodium cyanide. The CDC said breathing this in the air is "rapidly fatal."
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

They're spraying the area with hydrogen peroxide to combat the cyanide:

Movie Theater Diary

Wow.

Fuck, man. Send bottled water there.

Quote Quoting Greenpeace.org
    The Tianjin Tanggu Environmental Monitoring Station data suggests hazardous chemicals stored by the company include sodium cyanide (NaCN), toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and calcium carbide (CaC2), all of which are extremely hazardous to health.

Sodium cyanide is highly toxic whilst toluene diisocyanate and calcium carbide react violently with water – a further potential hazard with rain forecast for the region over the next 24 hours.

The rain also raises the risk of chemicals being washed into local water supplies and eco-systems – with unknown impacts. The full extent to which the chemicals may have been burned off in the explosion is also unknown.
    Movie Theater Diary

Wow, there are no words.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    At least 50 dead so far (12 are firefighters), with 71 in critical condition. Hundreds are hospitalized.

The biggest problem right now is that according to The Guardian, the warehouse at the center of the explosion was holding poison sodium cyanide. The CDC said breathing this in the air is "rapidly fatal."
    Damn.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Bomb around Bangkok shrine explodes. 12 current fatalities, though that number will likely rise.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Producer
    It's horrible. At first we thought it's a gas explosion from a car, and then the next two hours the phones kept ringing as friends and relatives checked on each other.

The junta not-so-subtly tried to vaguely spin it as their old political rival stuff (because everything's about power with them), but now there's a more concrete talk and evidence of being result from junta's mishandling of Uighur deportation.

Non-graphic view (although there's sound) of the bomb impact from some distance.
    Last edited by Peng; 08-18-2015 at 04:06 AM.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Another goddamn school shooting. Umpqua Community College near Roseburg, Oregon.

http://ktla.com/2015/10/01/active-sh...regon-college/
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

The guy posted about doing it on 4Chan last night and was encouraged by other posters. It was in /r9k/, which is the 4chan board for proud socially awkward dudes.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...post/22785729/
    Movie Theater Diary

Reports coming out that he was targeting Christians....
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Well the TPP is all but a done deal now.

Fuck Obama so hard.

Because fuck capitalism right?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That'd be a good start.

Hard to take you seriously when you say that with a serious face... honestly I don't know why you haven't moved to China by now.

China is far more capitalist than the US is.
    Last edited by D_Davis; 10-05-2015 at 09:10 PM.

China is far more capitalist then the US is.
    But you'll get an equal share of pay and wealth which is what you want (for some reason).

I'm sure you're familiar with the DMCA and SOPA?

The TPP will be worse for consumer rights than the DMCA is (something that, as a proponent for future tech you should be incredibly scared of), and is also going to have the worst elements of the failed SOPA baked into its chapter on IP, elements that are even more strict than the draconian DMCA and ACTA. Congress and Hollywood finally found a way to sneak that stuff in during these behind-closed-doors negotiations.

Being pro consumer is not the same as being communist and anti-wealth, although you seem to think it is.

Don't worry - as the TPP gets voted in, and more of your rights as a consumer get stripped away, you'll see what I mean. Until then, though, enjoy the world of total corporate power people like you have allowed to manifest, and seem to love so much.

Here is some reading on the issues:

https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp

(1) Intellectual Property Chapter: Leaked draft texts of the agreement show that the IP chapter would have extensive negative ramifications for users’ freedom of speech, right to privacy and due process, and hinder peoples' abilities to innovate.

• Place Greater Liability on Internet Intermediaries: The TPP would force the adoption of the US DMCA Internet intermediaries copyright safe harbor regime in its entirety. For example, this would require Chile to rewrite its forward-looking 2010 copyright law that currently establishes a judicial notice-and-takedown regime, which provides greater protection to Internet users’ expression and privacy than the DMCA.
    I didn't know you were so pro-DMCA, ACTA, and SOPA. I guess it makes sense, though.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Yeah, been reading up on matters of IP and copyright as it pertains to TPP, and it looks like some of the stricter of US policies are going to be pushed upon other countries, which is bad news for creatives. Frankly, our copyright laws in the States are already overkill.