Thread: The News Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    - - - - -
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I don't think it's unreasonable to restrict gun laws to stop the average citizen from owning I think it will, and I'd be willing to sacrifice a fraction of my rights to bet on that.
    This is where the problem starts -- and yes, this is a slippery slope argument, because we collectively end up neutering our rights by degrees over time.

See, again, the 4th amendment. What started out as a reasonable (?) search at airports has become a literal, virtual strip-search. What began as "reasonable cause" has now become "stop and frisk." The 4th amendment is a joke now.

So you sacrifice today could very easily mean that ten, twenty years from now, the 2nd amendment exists in name only.

You might be fine with that, but I'm not.

I'm still of the opinion that the Constitution needs updating. Laws and ideals from the 1700s aren't the same as they are now. I mean, the reason Amendment 2 existed was in fear of being invaded by the British. :lol:

I'm aware that it has been updated upon research. Pretty interesting to read as there have been attempts over time.

Just needs some revising. Policemen aren't exactly walking around with assault rifles unless they are in a situation which is deemed necessary. In Europe, you see them walking around with assault rifles all the time.

To revise it to the point where a certain amount of rounds per minute can be fired seems understandable to me at least. You don't lose the right to bear arms in self-defense, which is what the 2nd Amendment is.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter