Thread: The News Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    They pick and choose. They saw Booksmart back at Fantastic Fest and got on their knees this weekend for people to see it.
    I haven't read too much about that one, but from what I understand, it's a crowd-pleasing high school comedy that checks all the right SJW boxes signifying "contemporary relevance," and therefore much more likely to cross over to a non-festival audience (i.e., nuance-averse liberal hipsters who care more about a film having the right politics than the right aesthetics) than Claire Denis at her most unrelentingly dour.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    I haven't read too much about that one, but from what I understand, it's a crowd-pleasing high school comedy that checks all the right SJW boxes signifying "contemporary relevance," and therefore much more likely to cross over to a non-festival audience (i.e., nuance-averse liberal hipsters who care more about a film having the right politics than the right aesthetics) than Claire Denis at her most unrelentingly dour.
    You're definitely right there from just the trailers alone.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)