Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Andrea is going to have to do something to redeem her character. She was already grating last season and they are doing her no favors letting us know way more than she does at this point, thus painting her as the biggest moron on the show.
    I'm guessing she's faking it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'm guessing she's faking it.
    ...her orgasms?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

At least Andrea has more than one expression. I'm looking at you, Michonne.

I just watched the latest episode tonight, and I loved the opener. I'm not sure I'm completely down with Rick being all crazy, but I guess it makes sense. That said, I continue to like how the show has been progressing, and I really have forgotten about the previous seasons already. Of course without that mediocre buildup we might not have this season, but I've seen plenty of shows that didn't feel the need to waste my time with two mediocre years in a row.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Andrea is going to have to do something to redeem her character. She was already grating last season and they are doing her no favors letting us know way more than she does at this point, thus painting her as the biggest moron on the show.
    I really like what they are doing with her character and I hope it is genuine and not her "faking it" which seems unlikely anyway. She was really at her end I believe. I remember last season she was latching on to whatever she could, moving away from Dale's more humanist logic and into Shane's survivalist craze, then she was spurned from that and left for dead by the group. I think when Michonne and her split this season she has put her faith in the comfort and surface kindness of the Governor and believes in what he is preaching, even going so far as to relent on her distaste for the games. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't seeing her transform into a "believer" in the Governor's violent underbelly, what with her impatience and quick dispatch of the walker outside the gates and how that leads to her and the Governor's relationship. But I would suspect she will be redeemed at some point.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    I really like what they are doing with her character and I hope it is genuine and not her "faking it" which seems unlikely anyway. She was really at her end I believe. I remember last season she was latching on to whatever she could, moving away from Dale's more humanist logic and into Shane's survivalist craze, then she was spurned from that and left for dead by the group. I think when Michonne and her split this season she has put her faith in the comfort and surface kindness of the Governor and believes in what he is preaching, even going so far as to relent on her distaste for the games. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't seeing her transform into a "believer" in the Governor's violent underbelly, what with her impatience and quick dispatch of the walker outside the gates and how that leads to her and the Governor's relationship. But I would suspect she will be redeemed at some point.
    What volume does the Governor show up in the comics?

Michonne is pretty boring thus far, after finishing Volume 4.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    What volume does the Governor show up in the comics?
    Issue 27, Vol 5, Book 3

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Decent episode. I kinda wish the crazy Rick saga lasted longer. It lasted weeks in the comics. Rick was crazy for 12 hours in the show.

Where else did they go with the Rick is crazy storyline in the comics?

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Where else did they go with the Rick is crazy storyline in the comics?
    I think it was a recurring thing from what I remember. I thought they handled it fine on the show, and I can see it coming back again before the season is up when more shit hits the fan.

Last episode was pretty good, even if the random house encounter seemed to be the usual "force a zombie into the episode" type of encounter, despite having three very effective zombie encounters earlier.

Michonne remains boring in both comic and TV, but the Governor is certainly interesting to watch.

I kind of wish they did more with the transformation as the doctor seemed to get a little Prometheus-stupid. But the lead up was spooky. And everything in the 'investigation room' was good.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Last episode was pretty good, even if the random house encounter seemed to be the usual "force a zombie into the episode" type of encounter, despite having three very effective zombie encounters earlier.
    That was completely gratuitous. What the hell was that supposed to be about? That's what happens when all those people made those "I thought this was a zombie show" complaints back in Season 2. They're overcompensating now.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

The best part of the latest episode was [
    ]

I've decided at this point that I actually love the show. That said, I do agree that the zombie elements unless they're well executed or have a purpose can be really boring. I liked the house part because it had a brutal, unexpected conclusion, yet I do agree that we didn't really need another zombie moment. Next week shit is going to hit the fan, and I'm glad.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Next week? Tonight is the finale.
    Movie Theater Diary

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I think the thing I've realized with this show is it needs villains. I've loved the Governor stuff but I hated that first episode, zombies at least for me can't be the main source of tension. They are good as a 3rd party but I like it more when it's heroes vs. villains. I loved last night's episode in part because the zombies were the third party.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I think the thing I've realized with this show is it needs villains. I've loved the Governor stuff but I hated that first episode, zombies at least for me can't be the main source of tension. They are good as a 3rd party but I like it more when it's heroes vs. villains. I loved last night's episode in part because the zombies were the third party.
    Alan Sepinwall had a great review up of the episode that touched on this very issue with regards to why this Season has been so much more outstanding than the last two. And I couldn't agree more. I mean, I've always enjoyed the show on some level but was disappointed on the whole. Now, I'm like rabidly addicted.

[
    ]

Did you notice the guy call Carl a man, too? Thought that was a nice touch.

Movie Theater Diary

Looks like the second half of the season will have a Thomas story after all. Very creepy scene in the prison.

Nobody's mentioned Tyreese yet? I guess because he's not very impressive in the show yet. Certainly look forward to him battling it out with Rick next halfseason.

I think the split is a bad idea. For Breaking Bad, it at least seemed like a good time to give a breather. But here, it seems like it's killing tremendous momentum.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    I think the split is a bad idea. For Breaking Bad, it at least seemed like a good time to give a breather. But here, it seems like it's killing tremendous momentum.
    Not the same thing. This is typical television. Almost all shows do a mid-season, or fall, finale and break for the holiday season and usually well into January/February. Though generally these are done for alternate programming and replacement series to test the waters. I don't think AMC has anything lined up, so best bet is they are looking to keep the viewership momentum by having it air during the typical highest-viewed TV season. They did the same thing with Season 2.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Nobody's mentioned Tyreese yet? I guess because he's not very impressive in the show yet. Certainly look forward to him battling it out with Rick next halfseason.
    Did we even hear his name? I know nothing of the comics, so all I thought was "Hey, it's Cutty!"

Besides, the more impressive aspect of his appearance is what they did with Carl.

I think they said his name like 5 times in the pre-credits scene alone, just so the comic fans know who he is.
    Movie Theater Diary

Nice:

AMC’s zombie series “The Walking Dead” completed its fall season Sunday night with higher ratings in the most important audience category for advertisers — viewers between the ages of 18 and 49 — than any show on the broadcast networks.

Over all, “Walking Dead” averaged a 5.3 rating in that 18 to 49 age group, for its first airing of each episode, a number that topped the initial rating for that category for such network hits as “The Big Bang Theory,” “Modern Family” and “The Voice.”
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I think they said his name like 5 times in the pre-credits scene alone, just so the comic fans know who he is.
    Yeah. In case the hammer wasn't enough...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

best line of the episode:

"We should help them"
    Carl: "I did"

Dude in Long Island got arrested for shooting his girlfriend in the back with a rifle, because:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/c...ment-1.4289872

Gurman and Gelderman, who had been dating for 31/2 years, went out Sunday night when they began arguing about the show, an AMC thriller featuring zombies in a post-apocalyptic world, Cote said.

"I just know that he felt very adamant that there could be some type of military mishap that would result in some sort of virus or something being released that could cause terrible things to happen," Cote said.

Gelderman, Cote said, thought her boyfriend's belief was absurd.

"She felt that it was ridiculous," Cote said.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast