Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    That zombie head through the glass windshield was nicely done.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    By the way, the comic fans talking about the show are starting to really annoy me. Hating on the show and demanding they

[
    ]

seems to defeat the whole purpose of the show. I do not want that first thing to happen any time soon, and I'm not in a hurry to see badass zombie fight sequences, since that's obviously not the tone the show's trying to achieve.
    In their defense,

[
    ]

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I can't talk about the show with comic fans because I actually like the show more then the comic. I understand that people think the show moves to slow and in some ways I agree, but I think the comic just moves way too fast.

[
    ]
    [
    ]

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    Satisfying episode. Interesting to watch Lori take on a Lady MacBeth vibe there at the end.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty tense episode. I love the scene between Carol and Daryl (I hope they boooone). Also, what Andrea said to Shane about his presentation is spot on.

I also don't mind if they turn Lori into out-and-out conniving instead of just reckless. Andrew Lincoln's expression in that last shot was fantastic.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Also, realizing that Hershel was probably still drunk that entire time makes him really, really badass in retrospect.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Movie Theater Diary

I don't think making Lori "out and out conniving" would be much of a change. I've found her to be quite a detestable character since episode one.

That was a great episode. One of the strongest so far.

This has to be one of the most uneven shows I have ever seen.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I love the scene between Carol and Daryl (I hope they boooone).
    this was one of my least favorite scenes of the episode. i felt like this started out strong and then devolved into the usual boring blather.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    this was one of my least favorite scenes of the episode. i felt like this started out strong and then devolved into the usual boring blather.
    Plus it doesn't make any sense. Daryl's anger is manifesting out of nowhere. I don't buy him changing his tone after seeing visions of his brother (which bothered me that his brother wasn't missing an arm). Daryl has been pretty helpful thus far and now an explosion of anger directed towards someone who just lost her daughter. If anything, he should be pissed about being shot.

Out of nowhere? He was talking about himself, not Carol. He was channeling his desire to find his brother into finding Sofia. It's like in a few episodes ago when he was talking to Carol about keeping the hope that Sofia's still alive, he was actually talking about his own hope that Merle's still alive. When Sofia turned up dead, he lost his own hope of finding Merle and started withdrawing from the group because of his anger at himself. Carol knew this, and let him yell his own frustrations at her no matter how painful it was for her to hear, just to give him an outlet. And it worked. The next morning, he rejoined the group at the farmhouse again and was ready to join Shane in finding Rick when they arrived. I love their relationship.
    Movie Theater Diary

By the way, funny thing, I decided on a whim last weekend to rewatch both Behind the Mask and The Host on the same day. Totally didn't even remember that Hershel is in both of them.
    Movie Theater Diary

Well, if you want to know who dies in the Walking Dead. Click here. It doesn't confirm anything, but suggests something. (casting for another show)

[
    ]

I love Daryl and Carol's relationship, as long as it doesn't become romantic. That strikes me as a little icky. Plus, I hate the idea of every good male-female friendship having to resort to a sexual one to maintain dramatic tension. It's lazy.

BTW, the black guy has been completely marginalized. Wish they'd give him something more to do.

his name is t-dawg

did you expect any more?

Fantastic news. David Morissey has been cast as The Governor.
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm almost thinking of quitting the show until The Governor shows up. I haven't had the slightest urge at all to watch the last two episodes that are on my DVR.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    Tonight's episode and last week were both quite good. They appear to have found a good balance between the action and the brooding discourse.

The shots of the walker in the field were actually kind of haunting.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    BTW, the black guy has been completely marginalized.
    There is this however. I've completely forgotten about him. I don't think he's appeared since the mid-season premiere.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

Best episode yet? Maybe.

With the way this show's quality ebbs and flows, next week will probably be laughably bad.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Sxottlan (view post)
    I don't think he's appeared since the mid-season premiere.
    He's appeared and had exactly one line in every episode except the most recent one.

Last episode, he had the most riveting delivery of "Walkers in my backyard!"
    Movie Theater Diary

Movie Theater Diary

Last episode, he had the most riveting delivery of "Walkers in my backyard!"
    Actually, that was two weeks back. Last week, he was in the scene where Hershel, Glenn and Rick came back with the new kid and powerfully commented, "WHO THE HELL'S THAT?"
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Watched this late last night, and maybe I was thinking about it in a more abstract way than I should have, but did anyone else think that the way they used the cold open wouldn't actually result in there being any walkers in the second half of the episode, instead just allowing it to symbolize both Rick and Shane's struggling to outrun the different forms of guilt they discuss?

I say that because the way they edited the opening had the two of them trying to escape the walkers while the kid was crawling towards the knife on the ground, but in the final timeline of the episode, he's inching towards the knife to free himself while the other two are fighting in the parking lot. I thought it would have been a beautiful touch for the episode to promise a big walker sequence, but then simply deliver a conclusion that proved to be more horrific between those three characters. It was looking that way until, you know, the zombies actually did burst out of the building and the earlier events continued as we saw them, though slightly differently. That small displacement still works in the way they went with, though.

Otherwise, this still might have been my favourite of the season. For me, these past three or four episodes (though broken up by the winter break) have probably made up the most gratifying continuous run they've put together so far.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    Watched this late last night, and maybe I was thinking about it in a more abstract way than I should have, but did anyone else think that the way they used the cold open wouldn't actually result in there being any walkers in the second half of the episode, instead just allowing it to symbolize both Rick and Shane's struggling to outrun the different forms of guilt they discuss?

I say that because the way they edited the opening had the two of them trying to escape the walkers while the kid was crawling towards the knife on the ground, but in the final timeline of the episode, he's inching towards the knife to free himself while the other two are fighting in the parking lot. I thought it would have been a beautiful touch for the episode to promise a big walker sequence, but then simply deliver a conclusion that proved to be more horrific between those three characters. It was looking that way until, you know, the zombies actually did burst out of the building and the earlier events continued as we saw them, though slightly differently. That small displacement still works in the way they went with, though.

Otherwise, this still might have been my favourite of the season. For me, these past three or four episodes (though broken up by the winter break) have probably made up the most gratifying continuous run they've put together so far.
    Uhh...? So you wanted the opening zombies to essentially be a dream sequence of sorts except one where none of the characters are dreaming? I don't know... that doesn't really jive with the way the show is put together.

I do agree though that finally, finally the show is starting to get slightly back on track.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I love—LOVE—that ending, with Shane staring at the lone walker.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast