Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Not sure what else they can do with it, but yeah, I liked the actors in that role.
    From what I've heard in the comic [
    ] which if they do that in the TV show I would be okay with.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    From what I've heard in the comic [
    ] which if they do that in the TV show I would be okay with.
    I won't spoil it but yes they play a role in the story.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    So I've never read the comic, in fact when it comes to zombies I'm not a big fan, only really like Shaun of the Dead. I don't like horror as a genre either.

I loved this first episode. This was an awesome way to tell a zombie story, the pacing was fantastic and there weren't really any shocker moments which make you jump which I was really happy about. Also, we had a theater showing the premier as it aired so I got to watch it in the theater and everyone would cheer anytime a zombie died. It was good times. Good show, I'm excited for more and now want to read the comic.

[
    ]

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    The only problem I had was [
    ]
    [
    ]
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Any place to watch this online? I'm not sure I get AMC, as I can't find it surfing around.

I also discovered recently that my TCM stopped working, which seems ridiculous and bizarre and sad.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Any place to watch this online? I'm not sure I get AMC, as I can't find it surfing around.
    Here's a pretty good streaming copy, which I am planning on watching soon.

Is it... just... super gory?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Here's a pretty good streaming copy, which I am planning on watching soon.

Is it... just... super gory?
    Basically Dawn of the Dead remake level... Um... There is a part that hasn't been in other zombie movies. You know what it is as the zombies eat away, but it looks no different then a human since all you see is zombies...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The gore is not as problematic for those who don't enjoy horror so much, as the overall atmosphere. Darabont amps the tension up sky-high.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    The gore is not as problematic for those who don't enjoy horror so much, as the overall atmosphere. Darabont amps the tension up sky-high.
    I like atmosphere, but I don't like squishy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I loved it so much I almost watched it again, but I don't want to become too familiar with it.

The scene in the stairs had me squealing inside, though now that I think about it I am glad they didn't go in for that easy scare. It was a great tense moment and that's usually what thrills me the most anyway.

I didn't like the lead actor too much at first, but he grew on me.

I'm so looking forward to the next few episodes, though I was pissed off when I saw there were only six for the entire season. I'll be frantic by the time season 2 rolls along.

EDITED TO ADD: I had to turn the subs on because I barely understood wth they were saying in the car.
    My Mom - 10

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I like atmosphere, but I don't like squishy.
    It's not gore in the usual sense of gore. I mean it is, but it isn't. There are those moments, but it's more like zombie with guts hanging out instead of someone sticking dynamite in a zombie and it blowing up. It's zombies are zombies, zombies get shot kind of gore.

There are zombie children getting shot in the head, too, if that's what might bother you, Nat.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Yeah, it's not clean, but such moments are isolated by long patches of quiet drama.

That scene in the staircase was intense.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    That scene in the staircase was intense.
    It was PERFECT. I almost sh!t my pants.

I love how there was no cheap jump scares at all. All the tension relied on atmosphere and emotion. Love it.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    I love how there was no cheap jump scares at all. All the tension relied on atmosphere and emotion. Love it.
    What scared me the most was the scene in the dark stairwell at the beginning. Loved it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

There are zombie children getting shot in the head, too, if that's what might bother you, Nat.
    Oh, red flag.

I'm pretty sure I'll get around to watching this today. (This week has been crazy, I need remedial television time.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

Great introduction. I liked it a lot. The tank scene at the end was damned flawless. And the very last shot was quite nice.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Yeah, this was pretty great, and I was a skeptic going in, being really tired of the genre. I hope the rest of the series is as atmospheric and subtle as the pilot. It was really well-crafted, and avoided the reliance on shock that usually clogs zombie films.

Wow, this was AMAZING. Darabont can create tension like it's the most natural thing in the world.

You're telling me that Mr. Hottie Lawman was all trussed up laying helpless in bed like a plate of delicious British-but-with-a-convincing-American-accent plate of brownies, and the walking dead just... left him alone?
    ...and the milk's in me.

You're telling me that Mr. Hottie Lawman was all trussed up laying helpless in bed like a plate of delicious British-but-with-a-convincing-American-accent plate of brownies, and the walking dead just... left him alone?
    I think there's more to it, but I haven't read any of the issues.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    There was a stretcher blocking the door, and he was in a coma not making any noise. That's a pretty flimsy excuse, and I wasn't crazy about that either, but zombies are notorious for how stupid they are. It's not completely illogical, especially if someone locked up all the zombies in that room, and then locked up the hospital before leaving.

Yeah. Besides, the hospital seems to be a pretty controlled area. When the guy walks outside (great scene, by the way) there are like a hundred zombie bodies shot through the brains lying there.

Besides, it's just sort of a premise you're forced to accept in a way for any of the story to work. Like in 28 Days Later.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast