Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar

Community

I just finished watching the pilot on Facebook, which is available for the next 80 or so hours. Very promising start. I'm a sucker for anything Joel McHale though, so my opinion is biased. Still, it had a couple good laughs and set up what should be a fun premise to work with.

I hate that music they play in the commercials.

I thought it was hysterical. This could be the new 30 Rock.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I'm glad you posted about this cause I just watched it and loved it. But like KF, I am a sucker for Joel McHale.

How big's Jon Oliver's part in this? I want to know if his funny will balance out Joel McHale's anti-funny.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    How big's Jon Oliver's part in this? I want to know if his funny will balance out Joel McHale's anti-funny.
    He's not in it. Now go away.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Show's been pulled from NBC's mid-season schedule. 30 Rock will be on at 8 and Up All Night moves to Thursday at 9:30.

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, I get that it isn't heavily watched, but it's up against Big Bang Theory and has a passionate fanbase. I don't understand the thought process of this move. If they want to compete more with Big Bang by throwing 30 Rock in there (another show no one watches), move Community to 9:30. Fucking terrible.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    Show's been pulled from NBC's mid-season schedule. 30 Rock will be on at 8 and Up All Night moves to Thursday at 9:30.

What. The. Fuck.

I mean, I get that it isn't heavily watched, but it's up against Big Bang Theory and has a passionate fanbase. I don't understand the thought process of this move. If they want to compete more with Big Bang by throwing 30 Rock in there (another show no one watches), move Community to 9:30. Fucking terrible.
    Ooh, that's not good.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I've given up all hope. Show's probably getting canceled, or at least moved to an even worse slot so NBC has a real excuse to can it. Goddamnit....
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

They might burn off some episodes this spring, but unless there's a MASSIVE outpouring of support, I doubt it will make it to next year.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    If they want to compete more with Big Bang by throwing 30 Rock in there (another show no one watches), move Community to 9:30. Fucking terrible.
    30 rock at least wins the peacock emmys, if you're trying to figure out whatever rationale nbc possibly had/has

but any network that airs whitney (and the probably similarly execrable chelsea handler sitcom) is unbelievable

anyway, someone needs to put eternity on suicide watch

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    anyway, someone needs to put eternity on suicide watch
    He's not the only one. This is actually my favorite network show currently on the air. I've never missed an episode.

Guess its time to go watch 30 Rock (while its still pumping out new episodes-I heard they were thinking of ending it sometime in the near future), and Parks and Recreation on Instant Viewing.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/154...-day-community

Important Community News of the Day: Community will definitely be returning to television “before too long” says NBC Entertainment President Robert Greenblatt.

Attempting to assuage fan fears that the much-loved, though low-rated TV show had been canceled amid a midseason shelving, Greenblatt told The Daily Beast the sitcom “is coming back.”

“We just had to get some stuff moved around for midseason,” Greenblatt told Jace Lacob ahead of today’s Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour. “But it’s not going anywhere. I can’t say anything about next season yet, but the fact that people think it’s gone … I need to fix that.”

Above: A photo snapped by Charley “Fat Neil” Koontz on the set of Community.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

They better not be lying. If they are, we should all organize the angry mobs with the torches and the pitchforks.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

There wasn't really a question whether or not it'll be back for the second half of Season 3. I mean, they already had a bunch of unaired episodes completed when they took it off the air and said that those will be airing sometime in 2012.

The big deal was made about the midseason pull because it's a sign of a show's last season. The fear was about it getting Season 4, which they still haven't said anything about.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    There wasn't really a question whether or not it'll be back for the second half of Season 3. I mean, they already had a bunch of unaired episodes completed when they took it off the air and said that those will be airing sometime in 2012.

The big deal was made about the midseason pull because it's a sign of a show's last season. The fear was about it getting Season 4, which they still haven't said anything about.
    Right, but this new statement seems a bit more hopeful than what was said when it was first pulled.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

I rewatched the episode with the zombie Halloween, which I remembered as being so-so with a few great lines. That's because I'd forgotten about this scene, which I now think is hilarious:

Jeff Winger: Quiet, nerds! Do you hear something?

[They sneak forward. Suddenly, a cat jumps in front of them]

Jeff Winger: Jeez!

[laughs]

Jeff Winger: It was just a cat. Let's keep going.

[They continue through the basement. The cat jumps in front of them again]

Troy Barnes: Holy crap!

[They continue to sneak through the basement. The cat jumps in front of them again]

Jeff Winger: What is up with that cat?

Troy Barnes: Is someone throwing it?

Abed Nadir: Keep going.

[They continue. The cat jumps in front of them again]

Jeff Winger: You know, let's not keep going. Because there's an insane cat down here!

Troy Barnes: But what about the zombies?

Jeff Winger: Back burner, Troy! This cat must be dealt with!
    ...and the milk's in me.

Going to a new episode viewing party tomorrow with costume contest, trivia contest, blanket fort, etc and a panel with the cast afterwards (with the exception of Donald Glover, who's on tour, and Chevy Chase, who's just a dick). So excited!
    Movie Theater Diary

Yay! It's so satisfying when a long article you wrote get popular. This is why I prefer writing perspective articles to reviews.

http://www.justpressplay.net/article...yq-fandom.html
    Movie Theater Diary

I hope it never changs.
    Movie Theater Diary

Irish is a human tennis elbow. He is a pizza burn on the roof of the world's mouth. He is the opposite of Batman.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Irish is a human tennis elbow. He is a pizza burn on the roof of the world's mouth. He is the opposite of Batman.
    He's the AT&T of people (I still don't know what the hell that is supposed to mean, but Troy makes it funny).

Well there goes out the window my idea of the show ending with the group graduating, only for Pierce to hang around and welcome in an entirely new study group that is oddly similar to the previous study group.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Well there goes out the window my idea of the show ending with the group graduating, only for Pierce to hang around and welcome in an entirely new study group that is oddly similar to the previous study group.
    In all fairness, that's an awful idea.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Haha yeah.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Haha yeah.
    That's funny coming from you. At this point, you and Irish are pretty similar in my mind despite the two of you arguing with each other.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    That was simply one of my predictions for how the show would end. I also defend it as being amusing to me, damnit :P

I never liked Batman. Which is why Abed making fun of Batman is even more funny to me.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast