Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs? Suggestions? Issues?

Quote Quoting elixir (view post)
    Welp. Thanks. I won't go through my idiocy of how I failed to realize that, but yeah I'm pretty dumb...
    Ha. It had me confused too when I first tried it. I'm not sure of the purpose of the "Search multiple content types" option or the option of searching for a forum, given the small number of forums. Seems like we could do away with that.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting elixir (view post)
    Welp. Thanks. I won't go through my idiocy of how I failed to realize that, but yeah I'm pretty dumb...
    You're not dumb. vB has a habit of throwing 10,000 options at you when you're really only interested in like two. The search page is a good example of this. It also puts information (like rep info) in weird places (under "Settings"? WTH?).

Rule of thumb: Never blame yourself. Always blame the software.

Or number8.

Gotta admit I kind of miss those rep bars too.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Can we add "sort by rating"? in the film database sections? I liked that feature on the old site.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Updated days ago. Hard refresh your browser.
    Ah yay.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Can we add "sort by rating"? in the film database sections? I liked that feature on the old site.
    You still can. "Thread Display Options" under the threads.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You still can. "Thread Display Options" under the threads.
    Yes but there is supposed to be a link at the top, next to Replies.

Nice job updating the ratings displays, 8 & E.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

- - - - -
    What's the upper threshold on reputation given per day? I just hit the limit for the first time on the new site -- "You've given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later." This seems to be a rolling limit, but I never know exactly what the hard number is.

Is there any way this limit can be raised? I like throwing out rep for the posts I enjoy, and having a ceiling on this seems, I dunno, weird.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    What's the upper threshold on reputation given per day? I just hit the limit for the first time on the new site -- "You've given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later." This seems to be a rolling limit, but I never know exactly what the hard number is.

Is there any way this limit can be raised? I like throwing out rep for the posts I enjoy, and having a ceiling on this seems, I dunno, weird.
    Don't know what the cap is, but I agree a cap in a small community like this is unnecessary. I doubt very highly that posters will collude into giving each other massive rep to raise their score, and if they did, I doubt very highly anyone here would care.

I for one love having a huge rep number to give out. Its makes me feel like Santa Claus, only skinnier, without a beard, and with less hair. Oh and lacking reindeer, elf slave labor, a secret North Pole base....
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

This has nothing to do with anything, but I am positively fascinated with how each time someone hits "New Posts" the number at the end of the string in the URL goes up by one.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    This has nothing to do with anything, but I am positively fascinated with how each time someone hits "New Posts" the number at the end of the string in the URL goes up by one.
    AFAIK, vB caches the terms of all searches, so that number increments by one anytime anyone does any search at all. If you use the search box or "Advanced Search" and then click "New Posts," you'll see the number increment each time.

Why it feels the need to do this is something of a mystery to me.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Yeah, searches are stored as a table in the database, so the searchid field (which is what you see at the end of the URL string) obviously increments as a new record is created. What this tells you is that we have already done 2559 searches. This includes every possible search on the site.

This allows you to archive your search terms, though not sure why you would need to. The parameters of the search file prevent you from seeing other searches though by simply changing the number at the end of the string. It will simply return no results.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

- - - - -
    Just curious: Has the "buddy list" feature been excised from this version of vBulletin?

The list still seems to exist somewhere in the database, but I can't find anywhere to edit or add to it on the front-end.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Just curious: Has the "buddy list" feature been excised from this version of vBulletin?

The list still seems to exist somewhere in the database, but I can't find anywhere to edit or add to it on the front-end.
    Isn't it the "Contacts" under Settings > Networking?
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Isn't it the "Contacts" under Settings > Networking?
    Aha! Thanks!

Is there any actual use to the buddy list?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

For the Top Film's First Seen Thread, is it possible in vBulletin to either put a spoiler tag within a list or start a list at a number above 1?

I like that if I go to my profile page, I can just look at all the posts I've made. It's great because it allows me to just bask in how awesome and witty and interesting I am.

Err, Meg seems to be having a weird thing going on with his account... where his posts delete themselves and his avatar and sig are both deleted. Very weird.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    So luckily we have a record of his posts, so they aren't gone forever. I went back and looked and it seems at the moment to only be affecting the posts he's made since the site integration. As I'm not a tech guy I have no idea what's going on but we've gotten an email notification so that's how I found out insanity is happening. Hopefully we'll figure this out asap.

I've had a couple of posts not show up after I submit them. Is anyone else having this problem? Not a big deal, just kind of wondering where they are going?

Something happened over the weekend - for some reason all of the links I have attached to images no longer work. In the music forum, I post pictures of albums with links, and this morning none of the links are there any more. When you click on the image, it just views the image.

I tried adding new links to the images, and they don't work.

Something happened over the weekend - for some reason all of the links I have attached to images no longer work. In the music forum, I post pictures of albums with links, and this morning none of the links are there any more. When you click on the image, it just views the image.

I tried adding new links to the images, and they don't work.
    I know why that is. It's because all images are now linked to the gallery feature. I'll see if it can't be tweaked to just affect certain images.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast