Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs? Suggestions? Issues?

I echo DD. Thanks for keeping this site at its peak, Raiders.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Fuck you Raiders. I want my Match-Cut 24/7.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Hopefully the changes lead to the site running even more awesome ritch:
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    database failure today. First since the upgrade.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    database failure today. First since the upgrade.
    Yep, experienced the same, as well as very slow speeds for a bit afterward. Seems to be running smoothly now.

database error

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

database error

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Just had one (database error) about ten minutes ago, and the last few days the site has been dragging intermittently on my machine.

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Just had one (database error) about ten minutes ago, and the last few days the site has been dragging intermittently on my machine.
    Same.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    DB errors are nothing I can fix. I have noticed no performance errors. Stop lying.

Seriously though, if it is only a few minute occasional interruption, there isn't really much to do.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Well its stopped for now, so that's good.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    DB errors are nothing I can fix. I have noticed no performance errors. Stop lying.

Seriously though, if it is only a few minute occasional interruption, there isn't really much to do.
    Change Hosts? Servers should be close to 99% up-time, especially for a low traffic internet forum. The fact that we're seeing this happen on a regular basis suggests the host is not very reliable.

Just sayin.

Change Hosts? Servers should be close to 99% up-time, especially for a low traffic internet forum. The fact that we're seeing this happen on a regular basis suggests the host is not very reliable.

Just sayin.
    I don't have a server all to myself and am not going to ever get one. And I'm fairly certain that a couple minutes every few days is more than 99%. I am satisfied with the performance on the whole and the price, which I pay by myself, is very nice.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

I have an issue with this site.

While I would never ever pay for sites like twitter and facebook (even though I'm on them almost daily, if they wanted money I would bail instantly), Match-Cut seems to be entirely funded behind the scenes. I do not like this at all. I feel like this is a small knit community of folks that have known each other for a long time. I love coming here. I am bad at the random donation.

I humbly request a once a year fundraiser thread.

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    I don't have a server all to myself and am not going to ever get one. And I'm fairly certain that a couple minutes every few days is more than 99%. I am satisfied with the performance on the whole and the price, which I pay by myself, is very nice.
    I'm fine with this if this is the community's voice too.

But I just want to point out that 99% up time when compared to 24 hours. The fact that I've posted multiple database errors in this thread suggests its nowhere near 99% up time. I'm only on from 7am-5pm mostly (1/3rd of the day)

And I second Skitch's suggestion of a yearly campaign.

And you don't need to have your own host to get 99% up time. Again I question the quality of the host providing service.

I'm fine with this if this is the community's voice too.

But I just want to point out that 99% up time when compared to 24 hours. The fact that I've posted multiple database errors in this thread suggests its nowhere near 99% up time. I'm only on from 7am-5pm mostly (1/3rd of the day)

And I second Skitch's suggestion of a yearly campaign.

And you don't need to have your own host to get 99% up time. Again I question the quality of the host providing service.
    That is 10 hours a day, or 600 minutes. You mean to tell me you notice a DB error or server down error for more than six minutes every single day? I think that is highly unlikely.

I don't mean to get petty, but this site is up 99.5% of the time at least and since moving servers, which I'm sure has had a few initial pains, the site performance has been much better with respect to speed. I honestly think you are complaining about nothing. I appreciate your love of this site, but a couple instances a week for a mere few moments doesn't seem to be an issue, unless everyone feels the way you do. So far, you are the only one who has continually complained.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

I don't care to see anything changed. It runs great as far as I can see, and the less work and fewer headaches for Raiders, the better.

Raiders has long been promised open wallets by a lot of us, including myself, and usually declines or ignores such volunteering of funds (except for a certain fundraiser a few years back when we initially moved?). I don't blame him.

- - - - -
    Weird. I haven't noticed any slowing in the service or seen any errors at all.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I see the errors once in a while, and when I do I check my gmail then I come back and it's fixed so I don't say anything. But then twitter gives me errors and so does facebook. Life of the internet. You gonna get errored.

I had actually thought of this a while ago and if people aren't interested that's fine but I thought we could set up one of those facebook groups as they are now where it's completely private and can't be searched and is only available to people who put other people on it. That it exists is so that if there is an actual problem and the board is down for some reason then peeps can post there so everyone knows what's going on so we're not scared.

nevermind

Voltage!!!
    I just want to say that match-cut is the only site that I can go to without getting an error.

Well done, match-cut.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

PM Attachments

It would be nice to be able to attach .rtf files to messages.

Woops, I should have put this in the suggestions thread, didn't see it before.

Hey no database errors since my previous posts!

Is it possible to raise the PM limit again?

Hey no database errors since my previous posts!

Is it possible to raise the PM limit again?
    bump?

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast