Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's snowing like crazy here in Seattle

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I don't mean to seem nosey so if you'd rather not say that's fine, but why did you decide to move? Work? Change of scenery?
    Both of those reasons actually. I've lived my entire life in the same 5 mile radius. I'm tired of it (and tired of our miserable economy and the general apathy that coincides with it). It's a flat, boring landscape with weather I don't much care for. I'm ready for a change. So my wife and I have been investigating different cities and Portland is #1 on our list as of right now. It seems like a great place to open a new store, which is something we were planning on doing soon. Instead of finding a new spot in Michigan, we decided to make a clean break and go somewhere with a better quality of life. I'm gonna miss the hell out of my family, who have all lived in that same 5 mile radius, but we both have thought hard about it and feel it's necessary.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Both of those reasons actually. I've lived my entire life in the same 5 mile radius. I'm tired of it (and tired of our miserable economy and the general apathy that coincides with it). It's a flat, boring landscape with weather I don't much care for. I'm ready for a change. So my wife and I have been investigating different cities and Portland is #1 on our list as of right now. It seems like a great place to open a new store, which is something we were planning on doing soon. Instead of finding a new spot in Michigan, we decided to make a clean break and go somewhere with a better quality of life. I'm gonna miss the hell out of my family, who have all lived in that same 5 mile radius, but we both have thought hard about it and feel it's necessary.

Well I wish you all the luck in the world.

I have actually never moved very far in my life. We once lived in another suburb of Ottawa called Barrhaven. I was born there and lived there 'til I was 5, then we moved to where we are now. My memories of that first house are pretty limited.

I am planning on moving to New York City within the next year, so I can be with Jen.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Odds are pretty good that my wife and I (and the kids if Lasse will give them back) will be moving to Portland in about a year and a half. We're going out there this summer to check things out and make a final decision. I've been told there isn't too much snow out there either.
    The Lasse comment made me laugh.

Good luck, KF. It sounds like a great plan.

EDIT: Great photos, Daniel.
    My Mom - 10

Seattle > Portland

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Seattle > Portland
    Duh.

You can pump your own gas over there.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Seattle > Portland
    I agree. Although, Portland does have Powells books.

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Let me rephrase. I never want to own animals (though I'd take a cat if you made me), but Luna looks magestic.
    I'll let Luna know you like her!

Funny, because Simon is actually more graceful and majestic, where as Luna is a brute. She's blunt and stubborn.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    I'll let Luna know you like her!

Funny, because Simon is actually more graceful and majestic, where as Luna is a brute. She's blunt and stubborn.

I've never understood people who say animals are soulless and don't have personalities.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Odds are pretty good that my wife and I (and the kids if Lasse will give them back) will be moving to Portland in about a year and a half. We're going out there this summer to check things out and make a final decision. I've been told there isn't too much snow out there either.
    Portland really is great. My girlfriend and I will probably inch our way north again in June to live there. Eugene's too small for us SoCal folks.

I want to be living on the West coast by next September. Vancouver, most likely. I used to live out there. Love it.
    Wishful thinking, perhaps; but that is just another possible definition of the featherless biped.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    I'm moving to Portland myself next fall. I'm kind of in the same boat as KF. I need to get away from where I grew up (and Indiana is even worse than Michigan).
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Man. Everyone I know wants to move to Oregon or Washington. What's the deal?

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Man. Everyone I know wants to move to Oregon or Washington. What's the deal?
    Well, my goal is to leave SoCal to head East...
    Memories of the Future

"Criticism can be monumentally creative, of course, at times highly artistic, highly personal. But it rarely relates to the work of art being assessed. It is an expression of the critic's own subjectivity." -Joyce Carol Oates, Journals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12