Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cop Out (Kevin Smith)

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I was being sarcastic.
    As I went through post by post, I thought that was the case. Until it was three in a row, and figured it was becoming sincere. And the painkillers may be altering my thinking.

So maybe it is funny!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    ARe you guys serious?

I chuckled at some of the movie references, otherwise this looks worse than most Kevin Smith movies, and I haven't even thought one was okay.
    Oh I'm not going to watch it, but there were a couple funny moments in there.

I'm a bitch when it comes to cinema comedy. I'm just saying I laughed out loud at the trailer. That's all. Do you guys do that with comedy trailers? I usually just slap my forehead with em.

Okay I laughed a few times at the Red Band trailer. But I'm still not convinced this movie will be truly funny. So yeah, its now a rental at most.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Alone again, naturally eternity's Avatar
    When a director says that the marketing is awful and completely mis-representative...shouldn't we you know...believe him?

When a director is Kevin Smith...shouldn't we you know...not see his movies?

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    When a director is Kevin Smith...shouldn't we you know...not see his movies?
    Well played, sir.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I just never found him funny at all.
    THANK YOU!

Glad I'm not alone. I actually actively dislike his presence in anything.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I'm a bitch when it comes to cinema comedy. I'm just saying I laughed out loud at the trailer. That's all. Do you guys do that with comedy trailers? I usually just slap my forehead with em.
    I stand on my head and sing.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

He's actually pulling the discrimination card. This is ridiculous, Mr. Smith sir.
    thefilmistreturns.wordpress.com

Impossible. Meaningless.

I hate the airlines, so I'm pretty sympathetic to Smith's cause, whether or not it's a publicity stunt. There was an appallingly stupid segment on Anderson Cooper last night in which he had a fat woman espousing "fat acceptance" debate a shrill skinny bitch whose basic message was, "Put the fork down, fatty." The implication here is that any issue can be treated in terms of right-versus-left, or in this case, fat-versus-skinny, when actually there's a wide range of body types. The bottom line is that the airlines make the seats too small so they can sell more tickets. And God help you if you're a westerner flying with Korean Air.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll
    "Put the fork down, fatty."
    Actually, I agree with this message, and I'm a little stout around the tum.

Impossible. Meaningless.

Good on Southwest if it's true. You're purchasing space on a plane and if you can't fit in it, tough. If he knows this and usually purchases two tickets, he shouldn't have been flying standby in the first place. I've sat next to someone who spilled into my seat on a flight and it made for a very unpleasant experience.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Good on Southwest if it's true. You're purchasing space on a plane and if you can't fit in it, tough. If he knows this and usually purchases two tickets, he shouldn't have been flying standby in the first place. I've sat next to someone who spilled into my seat on a flight and it made for a very unpleasant experience.
    1. He fit the space.
    2. He doesn't usually purchase two tickets, but sometimes when flying Southwest, he does because the only class is coach, the tickets are dirt cheap and he likes being a recluse, because "everyone recognizes him and he doesn't like all the OMG SILENT BOB CLERKS OMG".

The majority of the controversy now is over the fact that Southwest was lying about it.

Kevin Smith is really not that fat. If he fit comfortably in one seat, he shouldn't have been ejected.

But the idea that airlines need to give up space for wider seats so the obese can sit comfortably is nonsense.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

But the idea that airlines need to give up space for wider seats so the obese can sit comfortably is nonsense.
    How about giving up space for wider seats so that a normal sized person can sit comfortably? The last thing an airline seat is designed for is anyone's comfort.
    Just because...

The (New) World

They do have those. It's called business class.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

They do have those. It's called business class.
    I think you're entitled to be comfortable when you fly, whether you can afford to sit in business class or not.
    Just because...

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    I think you're entitled to be comfortable when you fly, whether you can afford to sit in business class or not.
    I think that's why they have options. Public transportation is never fully comfortable, but I'm usually pretty comfy with airplane chairs. The seat sizes they have are sufficient for the average person. If you don't think it's enough for you, you can upgrade to a luxury seat, but such a thing is not within anyone's entitlement.
    Movie Theater Diary

If you can't fit into a coach airline seat, then you're fat. That's the new criterion.

Impossible. Meaningless.

Quote Quoting BuffaloWilder (view post)
    If you can't fit into a coach airline seat, then you're fat. That's the new criterion.
    I agree with this though. I've been able to bring up both of my feet and bundle myself into a ball sideways and go to sleep. This is on Southwest.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I agree with this though. I've been able to bring up both of my feet and bundle myself into a ball sideways and go to sleep. This is on Southwest.

That really has nothing to do with whether or not you're fat, though.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I'm not wide at all, but I am tall. Most of the flights I've been on I've had my knees propped up on the seat in front of me, because there wasn't enough room for me to put them down.

Flying conditions blow.

But it is. I can fit myself, with feet on the seat sideways, and still have room. If you're wider than that, sorry, fat.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast