Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cop Out (Kevin Smith)

I used to love Bruce Willis, but he has become one of the most unlikable people in the business.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I used to love Bruce Willis, but he has become one of the most unlikable people in the business.
    No shit. Its sad.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    He didnt. Most of the movie is first takes and a lot of scenes Willis refused to even shoot. Smith said it was all he could do to put the movie together because of such limited shots and Willis being incredibly difficult.
    If this is true, then not only does it show, but it's weird how he continues to act in these low budget films to begin with.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    If this is true, then not only does it show, but it's weird how he continues to act in these low budget films to begin with.
    Smith has talked very publicly how much of an asshole Willis was...some really shitty stuff...and then said "I'm not even telling you the really bad stuff."

Willis then made that Rian Johnson movie. Smith interviewed Johnson, and Johnson said he had absolutely none of the problems with Willis that Smith did. He was always on time, enthused to work, polite...completely opposite. Smith said he assumes maybe its because it was a paycheck gig and not a wholly original unique project. Len Wiseman got a an ulcer from working with Willis on Die Hard 4 lol. Who knows, maybe the guy is bipolar.

Allegedly his alimony is pretty insane. So he does these movies purely for the paycheck.

Did you ever see the clips from the press tour for Red/Red 2 (I forget which it was)?

He is flat out rude and unpleasant. Says straight up he doesn't want to be there or be doing it.

Not to derail the thread (can a 10 year old thread be derailed?) but stuff like that and how Joe Pesci was such a miserable twat doing press for The Irishman really makes me lose respect for these people.

They're not newcomers. Both Pesci and Willis have been in the business for 40+ years. They know what comes with signing the contract to do a movie.

If you're going to be that much of a douche to fans and the press, either have your lawyer(s) negotiate a contract so you are left out of the press tours, or don't take the role.

I feel the same way about the A list celebs who complain about how they can't go in public anymore without being recognized or bothered. Zero sympathy.

Being pestered at home by paparazzi is one thing. Those paparazzi are scumbags of a high order.

But complaining about the usual stuff that comes with being a celebrity (being recognized in public and asked for pics/ autographs, doing interviews, making appearances, etc.) is such crap.

"Being rich and famous comes with a whole other set of problems". Okay, cool. Give me a call, I'll happily trade.
    Last edited by megladon8; 01-23-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

YES. Smith said at one point they were between shots and he was standing with Willis on sidewalk. A car drove by and a guy waved and shouted "Yipee kiyay mother fucker!" He said Willis said "Of all the fans, I hate those the most", and walked away (or something to that effect).

Like holy shit dude. Maybe Skynard hates Free Bird and maybe Zepplin hates Stairway, but c'mon. I don't get it. You don't have to wave or smile or give an autograph...thats just a hateful spoiled cunt.

And to be perfectly clear, I don't think Cop Out would've been a good movie even IF Willis was all in lol. I sure am a Smith fan, but I'm also reasonable.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I rewatched this last year. It's definitely one of Smith's weaker movies but I still laughed at it anyways. The jokes sometimes worked, other times they fell flat. The wedding subplot is lame. I liked when Scott showed up as he was hilarious and probably should have been a bigger part of the movie.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Easily Smith's bottom two, but the knock knock no no nope bit slays me. I dont think it matters how shitty a movie is, Tracy Morgan has my funny bone in a death grip.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Easily Smith's bottom two, but the knock knock no no nope bit slays me. I dont think it matters how shitty a movie is, Tracy Morgan has my funny bone in a death grip.
    That part is the best part of the movie. Also Morgan is a large part of why I gave it a 7.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    That part is the best part of the movie. Also Morgan is a large part of why I gave it a 7.
    IF this movie is a 7 on your scale, what's a 2?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

IF this movie is a 7 on your scale, what's a 2?
    It's a 2. My rating system is pretty basic compared to a lot of others around here. Ratings don't mean shit in the end anyways what matters is what you write about the movie and what you got out of it. And I only write for myself.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345