Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Gaming Unplugged - Old School Style - Luddite Gaming - Nerdtopia

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    After successfully beaming five moose strapped with explosives to the flying saucer, our interpret group was able to defeat Dagon on the last round.
    5 punk rock points to the first person who can name that game based on Scar's sinopsis!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Got some people to play Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Lots of potential of replayability for that one.

Lessons learned as host:
    -Should've researched directions ahead of time, but had a lot of fun with that game.
    -We had one person who wasn't into it that needed to have their hand held the entire way which didn't help, but the rest of the group was able to make the most of it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Betrayal is an awesome game. I’ve got the legacy version that hasn’t made it to the table yet.

Tonight, we got our asses handed to us by Lo Pan. The fact that we were able to turn him flesh was a victory in and of itself.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Really looking forward to a board game day tomorrow with one of my best buds.

We are going to try Blood Rage, which neither of us have played.

Our last day (about a month ago) we played Cthulhu: Death May Die and got our butts handed to us royally.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Last time I played Blood Rage, Scar wiped the floor with everyone.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Blood Rage is a great time.

Blood Rage was awesome. We played 3 games. My buddy Jay won the first, I won the second, and his wife won the third.

His wife got Fenrir the Wolf and that almost felt a little game breaking. We basically had no chance once she played him, and she ended up lapping both of us on the scoretrack.

But wow, what a game.

I really hope it gets reprinted, because I'm not spending $200+ on a board game. But I will be front of the line of it gets put back in print.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Blood Rage was awesome. We played 3 games. My buddy Jay won the first, I won the second, and his wife won the third.

His wife got Fenrir the Wolf and that almost felt a little game breaking. We basically had no chance once she played him, and she ended up lapping both of us on the scoretrack.

But wow, what a game.

I really hope it gets reprinted, because I'm not spending $200+ on a board game. But I will be front of the line of it gets put back in print.
    FWIW - I think there is an online version of Blood Rage available on steam and other platforms.

Got AuZtralia on the table yesterday.

It's fairly heavy, but once we got going it came together. It just has some of the strangest takes on familiar mechanics. Turn order, card-based combat, resource collecting...they all feel strange.

It is also pretty typical of a mythos game, in that it feels nearly unwinnable.

Finally played the prologue for Betrayal Legacy tonight.

Well played game, well played.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Yeah, and it only took about 3 hours for my wife to start speaking to me again!

Yeah…. Abigail Borden’s got a dead priest and young lady weighing on her conscious.

Not really, the bodies are buried.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    ... I'll be backing Ankh (the spiritual sequel to Blood Rage and Rising Sun) on the 14th. After that, I really need to take a break from kickstarter.
    After much anticipation (and a massive kickstarter last year), Ankh: Gods of Egypt arrived a few weeks ago, and I've gotten it to the table three times since.

I gotta say, I'm kinda loving it.

More detailed thoughts below:

[
    ]

That looks really good. I only tried Blood Rage recently (I think I posted about it a few posts back) and loved it.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223