Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So, according to Robin Williams, Happy Feet 2 starts filming in January of this coming year, with recording sessions already being mounted.

How is this going to work? Will Miller be doing the whole Michael J. Fox "Family Ties/Back to the Future" thing, running back and forth from the Mad Max set and the Happy Feet production house, day and night?
    thefilmistreturns.wordpress.com

Impossible. Meaningless.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Please rename this thread to: Mad Max: Fury Road

Charlize Theron is revving up for "Mad Max: Fury Road," with producer-director George Miller set to start filming next August in Australia.
    source
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    TOM HARDY looks to be playing Max - as the film is set shortly after the demise of Master Blaster. Also - the film will have Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Teresa Palmer and Adelaide Clemens
    HR
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Here's some real news for you:

From Tom Hardy, who's now confirmed to be playing Max:

"I'm rather, obviously, limited to what I can say. These things are always binded to secrecy and I think that's a good thing for the film anyway. I'm not allowed to give away anything. Without incriminating myself in any way, it's a very big film. To step into the shoes of Mel Gibson. George [Miller] and Mel created the franchise Mad Max, which started off as an independent which then blew up. It took off. It became the Mad Max as we know it with t-shirts and DVDs…

There were many, many actors that would probably be right for Mad Max and there's plenty out there who could probably do an exceptional job to portray him. It's especially a challenge to step in the shoes of such an iconic character. So obviously I'm aware that I'm going to take a certain level of casualties when I go in and play him. If I concentrate on that, then it's obviously not going to be the best thing for the project."

"It's a relaunch and revisit to the world, an entire restructuring. That's not to say that it's not picking up or leaving off from the Mad Max you know already, but it's a nice re-take on the entire world using the same character, depositing him in the same world, but bringing him up to date by 30 years. Obviously Mel would've been perfect for it but, for some reason, he's not doing it and I am. You can expect the same amount of grit and rawness and authenticity [to my] performance, I hope to deliver. But that's really the crux of me and George to deliver that and all the other actors as the other characters.

But also we have the new world afforded to filmmakers today with all the opportunities and facilities and technical abilities. I think the boys that did Lord of the Rings are involved and all that kind of stuff as well. CGI is not going to be — I think it's going to be much more like Chris [Nolan], how he deals with action - these things are going to be really there. Big rigs, big explosions, big car crashes, big violence, you know. It's going to actually happen as opposed to doing a 2D turned to 3D screen. It's going to be an adventure, let's put it that way. We're shooting for a year…"

"I can't say when I'm going to be in front of the cameras. I'm actually headed tonight to Australia to start some stunt-training. I'm training now. Even though I'm smoking. I'm meant to drop 30 pounds, so smoking and one meal a day is my training at the moment. I'm going to start fighting soon, the harder stuff, when we get close to the line…

[We're] shooting for probably nine months. The training period is allocated as two months, technically. We don't know whether it's going to push a little bit or come up a little bit, we're in sort of a gray area. There's various anomalies and shifting papers. All kinds of people's schedules, from what I'm aware, need to be tied down. The movie is absolutely healthy. So it is going, it's just a question of, not if, [but] when precisely."

(On the looks of the character in the film)
    "Imagine a hungry wolf. Or like when you put a cat in the bath. You grab a cat by the throat and stuff it under the fucking water. You know what it looks like? That's what I'm going to look like. But like a puma. Very hungry and very dangerous. It's imperative. This is the kind of guy who's not well. So I have to create that reality."

From First Showing
    So, it's a direct sequel to the second film, and they're going an exclusively practical route. Awesome.
    thefilmistreturns.wordpress.com

Impossible. Meaningless.

Nicholas Hoult is so fucking terrible.

"Imagine a hungry wolf. Or like when you put a cat in the bath. You grab a cat by the throat and stuff it under the fucking water. You know what it looks like? That's what I'm going to look like. But like a puma. Very hungry and very dangerous. It's imperative. This is the kind of guy who's not well. So I have to create that reality."
    This made me lol.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    This made me lol.
    It's like a parody of method-actor blather.