Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Cut Mixtape Volume 8 - Summer Time Jam

these matchcut continuous mixes make me want to attempt one of my own. i fancied myself a dj a couple years ago, although that time only yielded one complete mix (which wasn't too bad)

any of you guys used traktor before for your mixing purposes? it's what i've used in the past

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    these matchcut continuous mixes make me want to attempt one of my own. i fancied myself a dj a couple years ago, although that time only yielded one complete mix (which wasn't too bad)

any of you guys used traktor before for your mixing purposes? it's what i've used in the past
    I used Virtual DJ for mine. Featureset wise, I bet it's comparable to Traktor (if a little less robust) but the upside is that it costs about USD $100 less.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I'll check out VDJ on B's rec, but I will probably end up using a combination of Cool Edit, Soundforge, and CD Architect simply because I know these programs well.

I'll use CE to track everything, SF if I need to do any fancy cuts or sampling, and CDA to put track stops on the mix.

This has not been forgotten. Other things have come up that have been occupying much of my free time lately.

I'll work on it soon.

Sorry!

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    This has not been forgotten. Other things have come up that have been occupying much of my free time lately.

I'll work on it soon.

Sorry!
    Yeah. So, how you coming along on the mastering of Guile? Can you get his ultra-combo off pretty consistently yet?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Yeah. So, how you coming along on the mastering of Guile? Can you get his ultra-combo off pretty consistently yet?
    Haven't even had a chance to do that!

My mind has just not been in the mood for anything creative....

Hoping things will clear up this weekend. We'll see. I'm running on about 6 hours of sleep since Sunday.

Ugh.

I have no problem waiting. I'm still listening to (and loving) the last mix.

I have a suggestion for another theme, whenever someone wants to tackle a mix (not me, tho, I don't have the skillz or the time). I'd like see us compile a CD of songs that define "beautiful" as in the type of song that's so fucking gorgeous it sends chills down your spine. Whether it's the vocals, instrumentation, lyrics or a combination thereof, I'd be really curious to see what songs MatchCutters classify as "beautiful." It would seem that such a collection would lend itself to slower-tempo stuff, but that may not be the case for everyone.

I already have my choice picked out.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    *yawn*
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

I know - I'm sorry!

I bit off more than I can chew at the moment.

Hopefully I'll get to this next week!

Would it be possible to just have the songs instead of the mix, if that would take less time?
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."

Quote Quoting monolith94 (view post)
    Would it be possible to just have the songs instead of the mix, if that would take less time?
    Yes - I'll probably end up doing this.

Taps foot...

Banned
    With Daniel Davis' blessing I present to you...

Match Cut Mixtape Volume 8 - Summer Time Jam

A big THANK YOU to Daniel Davis for setting this whole thing up, and for letting me post this in his place.

The folder is a compressed .rar file and it contains all the mp3s (plus one of my own) in numbered order.

Enjoy, guys.

Banned
    Oh yeah, ignore the "trotchky's version of" in the file names. I created it like that before I knew D. Davis would allow me to post it here, to distinguish it as a possible alternative. I'm not trying to show off or anything.

So, uh, how about Panic at the Disco? Great band, eh?

*dodges shoe*
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Banned
    Quote Quoting Brightside (view post)
    So, uh, how about Panic at the Disco? Great band, eh?

*dodges shoe*
    Pretty. Odd. is decidedly not terrible. I'm not exactly a fan, but it's better than most of the shit on z100 or equivalent radio station. I've only heard that one song from their first album and I don't like it.

Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)
    Pretty. Odd. is decidedly not terrible. I'm not exactly a fan, but it's better than most of the shit on z100 or equivalent radio station. I've only heard that one song from their first album and I don't like it.
    I'm actually a really big fan of theirs. I just figured I'd introduce that somewhat surreptitiously.:P

Their first album is stuffed with pure post-modern satire. I love it. Pretty. Odd. is very 60s/70s feeling.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Thanks trotchky fer gettin' er done.

You rock!

Thanks, trotchky. woot!
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

Invalid/deleted file.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123