Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Lynch Thread

Unfortunately, I don't know that we'll get another true Lynch feature film for a while. Looks like his next project is a documentary on Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Lynch's Transcendental Meditation Guru. He mentions it in this recent interview with Vulture. I know he's also been devoting more time to his visual arts.

Honestly, I don't think he needs to make another movie. Inland Empire seems like such a perfect place to call it quits.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Honestly, I don't think he needs to make another movie. Inland Empire seems like such a perfect place to call it quits.
    You should explain. I'm curious as to why you say that.

Quote Quoting Dillard (view post)
    You should explain. I'm curious as to why you say that.
    I just perfectly encapsulates everything that is Lynch in terms of cinema. I wouldn't be disappointed If he never made another movie again. I think it is OK for an artist to stop one thing and move into something else. And when your last thing is Inland Empire, a real masterpiece, then why not? It seems like a perfectly natural place to call it a film-career well-made.

Here's an intriguing link.

I rewatched Lost Highway a few weeks ago and while I love it, I feel like it really lacks the emotional engagement of Lynch's other films. For all the surreal imagery and disturbing content present in his films, he still has a lot of empathy and care for his characters (I don't weep during the lesbian scene in Mulholland Dr. for nothing) but it seems like that particular film is entirely focused on uncomfortable atmosphere. It also contains some of his most mean spirited and ugly violence (the head going through the plate glass table).

I should note that on another forum I have a Lost Highway avatar, so I do love it, kay?
    Meh

A sequel to Mulholland Dr.? INLAND EMPIRE was enough of a sequel. Just my opinion. I'll suspend judgment until something materializes, though.
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

While we all wait to hear news of a new feature film, here's something to tide us over. Lynch has done a short here as a part of Lady Dior's (handbags) auteur-driven Internet promotional shorts which have all starred Marion Cotillard (she works very well as a Lynchian actress). At 16 minutes, and featuring signature Lynch in its aural and visual landscape, it's no ordinary commercial. On the other hand, it's nothing new for Lynch either. It looks like it's shot on SD digital video.

If you go to the lady dior website you can get a bigger image.

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    So how many times has Lynch appeared on The Cleveland Show? I saw his character on the cross-over episode of Family Guy Sunday and thought, 'that sounds and looks a lot like David Lynch.' Just saw on a wiki that it was him.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

Anyone dig David Lynch's album? I listened to the first two singles off the album and couldn't get into it. Anyone interested in drawing out comparisons between his music and his films?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I have a confession to make. I get David Lynch confused with David Fincher alllll the time. So when I saw this thread, and saw Dillard's post, my first thought was Fincher writes music?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I have a confession to make. I get David Lynch confused with David Fincher alllll the time. So when I saw this thread, and saw Dillard's post, my first thought was Fincher writes music?
    I want to say I don't understand this at all, but I have a similar thing with Jack Nicholson and Jack Nicklaus.

Mine's Lance Armstrong and Yo Yo Ma.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123