Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caprica

this was probably my favorite episode yet

This is pretty cool and original. I love when there's thought put into details:
    http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...s-tattoos.html

Going to play the BSG board game for the first time this weekend. Should be fun trying to figure out who the frackin' toasters are.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Going to play the BSG board game for the first time this weekend. Should be fun trying to figure out who the frackin' toasters are.
    My girlfriend played it and says it's awesome. She was never into board games, but after sitting through a game, she was hooked.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    My girlfriend played it and says it's awesome. She was never into board games, but after sitting through a game, she was hooked.
    Sweet! I've heard a ton of great things about it, and I finally got it yesterday. That's cool that it got your gf into the game. Very cool.

So, um... was that frakkin' awesome or what? The Matrix meets Sin City meets eXistenZ meets.... the Godfather? And that was just one episode. New Cap City FTW.

Yeah, me like. I was gonna say "Sin City meets The Matrix? That's like something 14 year olds would dream up." Then I remember it's a popular video game there, heh.

As much as I'm liking this, the acting is disproportionately stronger than the writing, I think.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    As much as I'm liking this, the acting is disproportionately stronger than the writing, I think.
    I'm okay with the writing, but you're right - even the "minor" characters are doing awesome work. Also, how about that ceremony, eh? I love what Bear McCreary is doing with the music... again. Setting the mourning song lyrics to the actual Tauron theme was pure brilliance.

I'm okay with the writing, too. I even think Jane Espenson's script in the Patton episode was really solid, but the acting is really just fantastic. I'm loving Eric Stoltz in this.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I'm loving Eric Stoltz in this.
    I wasn't a fan, but he's really growing on me. I'm also becoming a fan of Sasha Roiz as Sam Adama. I'm only bothered by the kid who plays "Willy" Adama, actually.

yeah, but he's playing a rebellious youth and it's almost impossible for characters like that not to be annoying

[youtube]nL4Xf-sDZOU[/youtube]

I have no idea if they have the chops to balance science fiction, virtual reality and religion, but boy are they taking it to 11.

January 2011, though - fuck you SyFy.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    This was canceled. I didn't watch it... should i?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    This was canceled. I didn't watch it... should i?

I watched the first five episodes or so and didn't care for it and I was a huge fan of BSG.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

It's quite easy to pounce on the carcass now but it was a unique show with moments of greatness. II lament more the fact now that no such show will get a chance again than the show itself.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I haven't started watching the second half of the first season yet. But I did watch the first half all the way through. The virtual world was the best part, any time the story was there it was awesome. The rest of the story I didn't care for but there are some hotties in the show. Also Patton Oswalt was good in the show too.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Finished the season/series. I prefer the first half, but the second is also enjoyable. Goes overboard with the action/suspense at times. You can tell there was retooling during the break.

Will miss the show. Always dig this AI-stuff. Didn't know Stoltz could be this good.

Luckily the show manages to resolve just about everything, and as it's a prequel we can fill in most of the gaps.

Also, there's that other prequel series coming out. Not very interested in it though.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12