Page 336 of 356 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 8878

Thread: Sangre, cuchillos, y tetas --- Horror Film Discussion

What a misstep It Chapter 2 was.

Horrid CGI, bland visual design (disappointing after the first film was so visually rich), very bad schmaltz. Completely botched the ending, while also managing to miss the mark on 99% of the thematics that made the book so magical.

And holy God was that random "Richie is secretly gay" subplot mishandled to the point of being almost offensive. It MAYBE would have worked if the film took place in the time that the book did (ie, 30+ years ago), but having such a tone deaf gay subplot in a 2019 film taking place on 2019 was pretty bad.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I liked It Chapter 2 but I'm wondering if that is because it saw it on the big screen. I was disappointed that Chapter 2 had little to no scary parts, where as the first chapter managed to scare me quite a bit. I still think that they should have gone with the mini series route like the 1990 version, which has it's own faults but is still good.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

It felt similar to I Am Legend, in how it was an adaptation of the book in a superficial, name-only way.

It completely missed the mark in adapting the strongest and deepest themes of the book - friendship, nostalgia, unconditional love between childhood friends.

And the Richie subplot encapsulates everything they got wrong.

The entire point of the Losers Club was how they all loved each other, and had a connection deeper than even they could understand. That absolutely nothing could come between them, and they would all love each other forever, no matter how much time or distance separates them.

And yet, "oh no, I can't let them know I'm gay! They will all hate me forever!"

Garbage.

Blood Vessel on Shudder is pretty bland. You might think you could do something fun and unexpected with the idea of people finding vampires on-board an abandoned Nazi warship, but you'd be wrong in this case. There's no surprises at all, save for the black guy being the first to die once they're on board. Every story decision feels very safe and lazy. No cliche is too cliche. Every character does what you expect them to do and then dies when you expect them to die. The Big Bad vampire looks like a human-sized bipedal bat, while his wife is a sexy lady vampire with a weird nose. The Russian character drives the "I've been through worse," joke into the ground by the end. It does look very good. Good sound. Acting is solid for what he actors were given. Special effects are solid. A generous 5/10.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    What a misstep It Chapter 2 was.

Horrid CGI, bland visual design (disappointing after the first film was so visually rich), very bad schmaltz. Completely botched the ending, while also managing to miss the mark on 99% of the thematics that made the book so magical.

And holy God was that random "Richie is secretly gay" subplot mishandled to the point of being almost offensive. It MAYBE would have worked if the film took place in the time that the book did (ie, 30+ years ago), but having such a tone deaf gay subplot in a 2019 film taking place on 2019 was pretty bad.
    God, I fucking hate Chapter 2 with a burning passion. I was very excited for it, because I adored the first one. I dragged C and a couple friends to it and about half-way through I was whispering my apologies to all of them. I was done with the movie when Juice Newton's "Angel of the Morning" hit the soundtrack. It's such an epic misfire, it leads me to wonder how it could have possibly been done by the same creative team. Something happened. Somebody interfered somewhere.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    God, I fucking hate Chapter 2 with a burning passion. I was very excited for it, because I adored the first one. I dragged C and a couple friends to it and about half-way through I was whispering my apologies to all of them. I was done with the movie when Juice Newton's "Angel of the Morning" hit the soundtrack. It's such an epic misfire, it leads me to wonder how it could have possibly been done by the same creative team. Something happened. Somebody interfered somewhere.
    First off I think it has a different cinematographer.

If I remember correctly, the movie (both parts) was originally supposed to be done by Cary Fukunaga. When he left the production, most of the original team stayed for part 1 and more or less carried out his vision with a different director in the chair. I think he still even has a credit in the first film.

But part 2 was all new production people.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeh Chapter 2 definitely missed the mark.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It Chapter 2: The Movie Remake suffered from everything the first movie suffered from, and everything the book suffered from. Several thing in that story are just broken.

I thought the book was perfect.

I spent a Summer reading IT in high school and I absolutely adored it. Ranks up there with The Shining as one of my favorite King books.

Looking forward to the Whispering Corridors trilogy, 1981 version of The Queen of Black Magic, and The Dark and the Wicked.

Dredd was always one of my favorite horror movies. Same with Blade Runner.

Momento Mori and The Ninth Configuration are fucking A class good movies.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I spent a Summer reading IT in high school and I absolutely adored it. Ranks up there with The Shining as one of my favorite King books.
    I read in high school too. I love it. I just don't think the second half is quite as good as first. Not saying its trash or anything, just not quite as strong.

Oooh, Possessor on Hulu.

Psycho Goreman - Silly from front to back. Struggles a bit with its climax. But, lots of good laughs. 8/10

Priest (2011) -- Nothing mind-blowing, but a fun, if forgettable ... sci-fi-horror-western-action movie. You could do worse if you're just looking to watch something that doesn't require a lot of attention. 7/10

Fun? Oh boy. One of the worst studio releases I've ever seen. Much worse than Legion.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I remember finding it so weird that there was this random push to make Paul Bettany a bankable action star.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I remember finding it so weird that there was this random push to make Paul Bettany a bankable action star.
    Me too. The stretch of movies almost killed his career. He talks about it too before Whedon approached him to become Vision, he was basically out of work.

https://www.insider.com/avengers-pau...-vision-2018-4

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Fun? Oh boy. One of the worst studio releases I've ever seen. Much worse than Legion.
    I had zero expectations going into it. What's so terrible about it? I admit, it's a silly movie, but it kept my attention and had a few fun action scenes.

Edit: The wire-fu seemed a bit of an odd choice, but given how many other genres are jammed into it ...
    Last edited by Spun Lepton; 02-03-2021 at 02:02 PM.

I felt like Duke did the first round, but I recently rewatched it because it was playing on plutoTV and I didn't mind it. Some interesting ideas.

Mostly I kept thinking about how interviews I've seen with Bettany where he seems like a stuffy uptight theater actor, yet he did a bunch of stuff like this lol.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Rawhead Rex would be a good choice for a remake. I didn't hate it but it was definitely craptastic and often not in a good way. The main characters were likable which helped. I was surprised at how non gory a lot of it was. Even Nightbreed was more nasty than this flick.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Wrong Turn remake. With Matthew Modine.

For reasons unaccountable.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer