Page 249 of 356 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 8878

Thread: Sangre, cuchillos, y tetas --- Horror Film Discussion

- - - - -
    About to watch now. If this freaka me out as much as "Insidious" then I'm coming back here and yelling at all of you.

But especially that Megladon.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    About to watch now. If this freaka me out as much as "Insidious" then I'm coming back here and yelling at all of you.

But especially that Megladon.

I didn't even know you'd seen Insidious. I wanna hear your thoughts!!

After the movie, of course!!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

- - - - -
    Really dug the "Evil Dead" remake, even though I was disappointed by the third act.

Very long thoughts here: http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post487883

Meg, I posted some very brief thoughts about "Insidious" in the film's old thread here. Basically: The first half was incredible, the second much less effective.

Gotta admit, though, for WEEKS afterwards, sometimes late at night when I heard a small noise, or the breeze blew a door shut or whatever, the first thing to pop into my head were creepy images from "Insidious." I always had to look over my shoulder and flip on a few lights when that happened.

- - - - -
    Also, as a public service announcement:

segue - a transition between topics

Segway - that dorky, two wheeled scooter you wouldn't be caught dead on. Trademarked.

-- example: []

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I suck at the English language.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I suck at the English language.
    I hate it. Words like "pogue," "fugue" and "segue" all share similar spellings but only one has a weird pronunciation.

From now on, I think we should collectively agree to pronounce "fugue" as "fug-way" and "pogue" as "pog-way."

Stupid English language. /homer

Picked up Mama on Blu-ray and watched it on Saturday. Effectively unnerving for a good amount of time, although at times it felt a bit like it was spinning its wheels. Mama herself remained unapologetically creepy until they started giving her more and more screen time, which was fine. I actually had to turn on the lights after a particularly effective jump-scare. Recommended. 7/10

While doing my Top 20 Horror Films of the 2000s list for my blog I came across a screencap from Ginger Snaps that DaMU used when he posted his list on this site. Nice (and no I didn't use it heh).
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

My thoughts on House of the Devil (whoring myself out I know, but still): http://madman731.wordpress.com/2013/...-2009-ti-west/
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I tried watching Beneath The Darkness tonight. 23 minutes in and I was bored of out my mind. The characters are one note and dull, the supposedly shocking opener fails to elicit anything from me, and there was no sense of style or....anything. Maybe I'm just spoiled from my Ti West double bill. Needless to say unless I can afford booze tomorrow night I'm not going to be finishing it on Instant Viewing.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I watched Event Horizon for the first time since it was in the theater. It's okay, but I can't get anywhere beyond that. The "haunted spaceship" idea isn't a terrible one, and it's handled with some interest. For a while. Then Sam Neill rips out his eyes and the whole story turns silly. Suddenly he has superhuman strength and spouts laughable lines like, "She went through a dimension of pure chaos. Of pure ... evil." Imagine that, and ENTIRE DIMENSION devoted to EEEEEEVIL! We also have to suffer through one character's unbelievable survival tactics, having (1) unbelievably survived an explosion to (2) jettisoning himself BACK into Neptune's atmosphere AND finding the Event Horizon after free floating away to (3) survivng a SECOND ordeal where he's blown away from the Event Hoirzon's hull just in time to climb into the airlock when it next opens. Give. Me. A. Break.

5/10

"She went through a dimension of pure chaos. Of pure ... evil." Imagine that, and ENTIRE DIMENSION devoted to EEEEEEVIL!
    I can't stop laughing at this part. I want to venture into a dimension of pure chaos and evil. Sounds like fun for the whole family.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

So the version of Hatchet 3 that I rented through Amazon was RATED R, which would explain why it was so anemic compared to the first two. Kind of annoying, considering it wasn't nearly good enough to watch again. Way to shoot yourselves in the foot, Dark Sky Films.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I watched Event Horizon for the first time since it was in the theater. It's okay, but I can't get anywhere beyond that. The "haunted spaceship" idea isn't a terrible one, and it's handled with some interest. For a while. Then Sam Neill rips out his eyes and the whole story turns silly. Suddenly he has superhuman strength and spouts laughable lines like, "She went through a dimension of pure chaos. Of pure ... evil." Imagine that, and ENTIRE DIMENSION devoted to EEEEEEVIL! We also have to suffer through one character's unbelievable survival tactics, having (1) unbelievably survived an explosion to (2) jettisoning himself BACK into Neptune's atmosphere AND finding the Event Horizon after free floating away to (3) survivng a SECOND ordeal where he's blown away from the Event Hoirzon's hull just in time to climb into the airlock when it next opens. Give. Me. A. Break.

5/10
    You're taking the movie too seriously. Event Horizon may be Anderson's best film.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

You're taking the movie too seriously. Event Horizon may be Anderson's best film.
    1) The movie takes itself pretty seriously.
    2) That's a sad statement about Anderson's career.

The film does sure. But you're getting sucked into the logic of the movie. I mean, a guy floated out of an airlock and survived.

The film does sure. But you're getting sucked into the logic of the movie. I mean, a guy floated out of an airlock and survived.
    It doesn't really help your case to point out more flaws, but ironically, you could conceivably survive being exposed to the vacuum of space for as long as the character did.

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/spa...vacuum-of.html

Yes I know it's technically plausible. But very improbable. I would attack that before I attack a guy fumbling around in zero G.

Yes I know it's technically plausible. But very improbable. I would attack that before I attack a guy fumbling around in zero G.

I love the first 2/3 of Event Horizon, before it becomes Hellraiser in space.

For a really great story that is somewhat similar, although more for-reals serious and theological, I highly recommend the book Ship of Fools, by Sean Paul Russo.

I love the first 2/3 of Event Horizon, before it becomes Hellraiser in space.
    Right. Which is about the time Neill's character rips out his own eyes.

Oh gimme a break. Your argument is silly to begin with. I'm not saying you should love this film, I have the same reaction to it as DD, but you're attacking the film for logic when the scene you're describing is more believable than the scene I described.

Just don't pull a fucking Qrazy on me with these lame fucking memes.

Oh gimme a break. Your argument is silly to begin with. I'm not saying you should love this film, I have the same reaction to it as DD, but you're attacking the film for logic when the scene you're describing is more believable than the scene I described.
    No it's not.

No it's not.
    Yes it is.