Page 248 of 356 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 8878

Thread: Sangre, cuchillos, y tetas --- Horror Film Discussion

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Umm it wasn't scrapped. What are you talking about?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Umm it wasn't scrapped. What are you talking about?

Yes it was. Diablo Cody had absolutely nothing to do with the final product we got.

Show me her name one single time in the credits. She doesn't even get a "Special Thanks" at the end.

She was not involved with this movie, in the final form we got.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

She was. I don't know why you think she wasn't.... maybe because she is indeed uncredited, but she was the one that finalized the script. Diabo Cody finalized the script. Diablo Cody finalized the script.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    The only element that struck me as remotely Cody-like was the name of the dog.

As for funny Cabin movies, nobody has nominated Cabin Fever yet?!
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    The only element that struck me as remotely Cody-like was the name of the dog.

As for funny Cabin movies, nobody has nominated Cabin Fever yet?!
    Jesus that movie isn't funny. It's an atrocity. Except the pancake scene. That was funny. But I don't think it was supposed to be.

She was. I don't know why you think she wasn't.... maybe because she is indeed uncredited, but she was the one that finalized the script. Diabo Cody finalized the script. Diablo Cody finalized the script.

Ah yes, you're right. I thought her involvement was before pre-production, but it was after writing. But my point remains - she is completely uncredited, she has stated herself that her involvement was cursory at best, and all she did was basically put her stamp of approval and say "yeah, this script is movie-able".

Being brought in to finalize is not "writing the script", and her involvement does not mean that any uttering of the word "fuck" or "bitch" is attributed to her.

She's even said she basically came up with the drug angle and that's that.

It seems like your hatred for Cody was first and foremost before watching the movie.

So first you say she wasn't involved in the final product whatsoever, now you're auguring semantics with what I call writing?

Meg, I'm pretty sure she was brought on as a script doctor at one time. How much of her stuff was retained in the final product, though, who knows? And, as I'm biased, I'm going to attribute the two or three lines I didn't like to her. Just like I attributed all the stuff I disliked about Indiana Jones 4 to George Lucas.

That said, I didn't get a sense that there were no segways, it all flowed pretty nicely. I didn't get the sense that it seemed like a first-timer's script, either. It was nothing more than it needed to be.

After some research, the most credible information I came across is that it seems she was brought in to "Americanize" the dialogue, since English was not the first language of the writers. I would have never figured that she had anything to do with the film without being told in advance, and if Meg is correct that she came up with the drug angle, then I give her credit for coming up with one of the best changes.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    After some research, the most credible information I came across is that it seems she was brought in to "Americanize" the dialogue, since English was not the first language of the writers. I would have never figured that she had anything to do with the film without being told in advance, and if Meg is correct that she came up with the drug angle, then I give her credit for coming up with one of the best changes.
    Which would explain:

Abomination Mia: I will feast on your soul!
    Mia: Feast on this, motherfucker.

Possessed Mia: Why don't you come down here and let me suck your cock, pretty boy?

Possessed Mia: Kiss me you dirty cunt!

She had involvement like QT did on Crimson Tide.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Possessed Mia: Why don't you come down here and let me suck your cock, pretty boy?

Possessed Mia: Kiss me you dirty cunt!
    I thought these lines worked really well, especially within the context of the detox angle.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Well that's why you gave it 4 stars and I gave it 2.

In Meg's defense, I was critical of Diablo Cody's involvement when I heard she was working on the script. And in my defense I liked Juno.

It was a good movie for me. The problems were mostly in character motivations taking too long to "want to leave." They should've wanted that the second 50 cats were hung in the basement.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I thought the lines in question worked just fine. I mean, how would you expect a demon to talk? It harkened back to The Exorcist for me. Also, did anybody else notice ...

[
    ]

So first you say she wasn't involved in the final product whatsoever, now you're auguring semantics with what I call writing?

Yes, which I even said in my previous post I was wrong about.

And you even admitted above that your judgment was clouded by her involvement.

Raimi's films had similarly vulgar lines to what you posted, so I don't see why one is OK and the other isn't, aside from just not liking it due to Cody having been, in some way shape or form, involved.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I thought the lines in question worked just fine. I mean, how would you expect a demon to talk? It harkened back to The Exorcist for me. Also, did anybody else notice ...

[
    ]

I loved that

I do not have a problem with the demon's dialogue. As already stated, The Exorcist has dialogue that will make a sailor blush.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Except the pancake scene. That was funny. But I don't think it was supposed to be.
    What do you think that scene was in the movie for then?

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Serious business.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Pancakes ARE serious business.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I do not have a problem with the demon's dialogue. As already stated, The Exorcist has dialogue that will make a sailor blush.
    Your mother sews socks that smell?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Your mother sews socks that smell?
    Precisely.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I honestly don't know. When I first saw that scene it confused me. It's totally out of it's element when compared to the tone of the rest of the movie.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    For what it's worth, popular and important screenwriters do uncredited polishes all the time, and Cody's lack of recognition on IMDB does not mean some of her revising wasn't retained. Proper attribution is a complicated game in Hollywood. Lindelof gets co-writing credit for reworking the third act of World War Z, and Joss Whedon gets no credit for reworking all the dialogue in Speed.

I don't care about any of this, though, because I didn't detect much - if any - of her "voice" in the finished product.