Page 281 of 356 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 8878

Thread: Sangre, cuchillos, y tetas --- Horror Film Discussion

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Match Cut, you are so damn drunk right now.

This place just went to crazy town.

The idea of finding Zombie's Myers scary at all (let alone scarier than Carpenter's) is just so far up on the "does not compute" scale I can't even put it into words.

H2 was damn good, but the first one is horseshit. Myers as both a child and an adult was laughable. And Zombie's attempt to provide a background story for his insanity felt like he just watched a few serial killer TV shows and made a checklist. The only thing missing was some early childhood head trauma.

I didn't like H2 at all. It bugged the hell out of me. Pretty stuff sometimes.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I didn't like H2 at all. It bugged the hell out of me. Pretty stuff sometimes.
    I liked that it took a novel approach to the material instead of just remaking Halloween 2.

Zombie is a very accomplished visualist. It's kind of surprising how good he is at making a movie. He just can't write well at all, and needs to stop casting his wife who has been awful in everything she's done except The Devil's Rejects, wherein she was passably un-annoying.

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    I like Zombie's Halloween duo a lot, I was among the first to defend them, but Carpenter's film is an all-time favorite, easily among my top ten horror. The best sequel in the original series is Season of the Witch, whereas the funniest is the fifth.

I actually like Zombie's Halloween over H2. However the original Halloween is a classic and still my #1 horror film of all time. The original Friday the 13th and original A Nightmare On Elm Street aren't even the best films in their respective series imo.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

We should be talking about how underappreciated Carpenter's The Fog is.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Ouch, no we shouldn't.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    I like Zombie's Halloween duo a lot, I was among the first to defend them, but Carpenter's film is an all-time favorite, easily among my top ten horror. The best sequel in the original series is Season of the Witch, whereas the funniest is the fifth.
    I find it funny that you can't even discuss H2 on Bloody Disgusting or you'll get insta- banned. If anyone has any free time, read the locked thread over there.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Zombie's Halloween is good, but it reduces Michael to a violent, angry child in a giant man's body. Carpenter's is easily superior.

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I love it, but most of the people around here feel... well, the opposite of love.

Holy shit. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (first time watching)

[
    ]

Hah on Bloody Disgusting I caught flack for bashing Friday the 13th Part III. Never mind its one of the worst in the series and I hate most of the characters. I love the series but when you run into goddamn asshole fanboys it almost sours your willingness to not only post on message boards in general, but to also discuss horror films. Fuck 'em.

Anyways Halloween III is one of those films that I don't think is great, but I love it anyways. Tom Atkins rules.

Carpenter's The Fog is a good, solid ghost story but it pales in comparison to the rest of his 80s output.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers: The premise is fine it's the script that's the head scratcher. Why oh why do you put Michael Myers holding on to dear life from the bottom of a pickup truck only to reveal himself in the back (with 3 other people) and of course no one in the cab notices anything....?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Hah on Bloody Disgusting I caught flack for bashing Friday the 13th Part III. Never mind its one of the worst in the series and I hate most of the characters. I love the series but when you run into goddamn asshole fanboys it almost sours your willingness to not only post on message boards in general, but to also discuss horror films. Fuck 'em.
    I'd be insta-banned for my opinions of the F13 series. 1 - Boring. 2 - A little less boring. 3 - All right, mainly for the gore. 4 - The best of the series, a perfect and cynical concentration of the slasher subgenre. 5 - Back to shit again. 6 - Wasted potential. 7 - Wasted potential. 8 - Wasted potential. 9 - I like the WTF factor, but it's a bad movie. 10 - LOL, no. FvsJ - 2nd best entry in both series. Remake -- Didn't bother.

The remake is bad.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Holy shit. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (first time watching)

[
    ]
    Yep. They should have followed the origin plan of making it a yearly Anthology series. Season of the Witch is my favorite of the original Halloween movies.

Bah Six is awesome. Bloody Disgusting is following me on Twitter so there is that. They have archived their forums but you can still post there. I have no reason to at this point although I found one of the Axis members there-pscion or something I can't remember his username.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I recently changed my opinion on Season of the Witch. I HATED it the first time I watched it. Not because of no Myers, I just hadn't watched enough 80s horror movies to 'get' the different weirdness. I now like it, and am really pissed off they didn't stay with that concept of a new unrelated movie every year titled Halloween. They still could have spun off an sequels into their own series from that idea...but oh well.

Can someone explain to me the hatred towards H2?

I know DaMU said it pissed him off, and from what Duke said it started quite a flame war on BD.

Jen and I watched both of Zombie's films today and it is so obviously the stronger of the two. Everything about it - story, characters, visual style, pacing - is a huge step above the first.

I don't get how one could hold the first in higher esteem.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

I know DaMU said it pissed him off, and from what Duke said it started quite a flame war on BD.

Jen and I watched both of Zombie's films today and it is so obviously the stronger of the two. Everything about it - story, characters, visual style, pacing - is a huge step above the first.

I'd have to rewatch H2, something I'm really not eager to do, but I remember the first film holding my interest in the first half showing Mikey's slow devolution from lost soul to soulless (the second half was a microwave-thawed version of the original). And the first 20 minutes of H2 being all a dream put me in a really bad mood. I was fucking livid. It made the rest of the view a real uphill battle. That white horse business felt trite. Compton annoyed me. I liked that bit where Weird Al upstaged McDowell.

Compton is indeed annoying, but much more so in the first. Due largely to Zombie's inferior script.

He really can't write teenage girls.

I'm rewatching the whole Halloween series this Halloween.

I hadn't seen any of the movies except the original, the sequel and the first remake.

So far:

Halloween **½
    Halloween 2 **
    Halloween 3: Season of the Witch ***
    Halloween 4: The return of Michael Myers. **½

I started watching the fifth last night but I turned off because I was falling asleep, and it was clear this was the worst of the series thus far.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

I didn't watch it until about a month ago because of my feelings of the first remake (mediocre, perfunctory, whats the point?) and the scathing reviews. My buddy finally convinced me to give it a shot. I thought it was way better and more interesting on every conceivable level than the first one. Now I did watch the theatrical which I'm told is much better than the director's cut.