Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Comics

Web Comics

So, in light of recently becoming more familiar with the masterfully hilarious Achewood, I'd like to get some more excellent web comic recommendations. No Penny Arcade please.

Also, I'd like to use this opportunity to pimp my wife's (or thedoifter, as some may know her) web comic, which she recently launched. It's embroidered, and it's about a bird and a bear. Stricken Pot Pie it is called, and it is charming.

Do you read Dinosaur Comics? You should read Dinosaur comics.

I also read xkcd from time to time, but it's pretty hit and miss with me.

Oh, and Kirsten's comic is fabulous. A+++.

Otherwise, most of my favorite webcomics have ended and I haven't bothered to replace them.

I'll use this opportunity to plug my project again ...

Would anyone here be interested in pairing with me (or a little ménage a trois action - though I'd say no more than 3 people total) on a little web comic project I want to work on.

If you have any knowledge/skill in web design, that would be great as well.

Basically I want to start up at two weekly web comic strips and have them on a sleak-yet-simple website.

I really need someone to work with when it comes to the creative process. I need to be able to bounce ideas off each other so we can get quality material going. I don't find I am able to communicate my sense of humor very well on my own.

So yeah, if anyone's interested. I already have the overall concepts laid out quite well, so PM me (or let me know here and I'll PM you) and I'll let you in on what I'm working with, and we can try to get something going.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    The two that I read on a weekly basis are Questionable Content and Menage a 3. We talked about this a few weeks ago, but I can't find the thread in which the conversation took place, otherwise I'd link you to help you out.

Loved your wife's current comic. I'll have to bookmark it.

Cyanide and Happiness is one of my favorites:

http://www.explosm.net/comics/

i looove xkcd.

[]

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    i looove xkcd.

[]
    This has always been one of my favorites:

[]

I hope to one day be the writer/illustrator of one of the web comics that people link to and say "I always loved this one".

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    i looove xkcd.
    The purple shirt killer saga is one of the greatest accomplishments in webcomics.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I hope to one day be the writer/illustrator of one of the web comics that people link to and say "I always loved this one".
    Do you like any webcomics?

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Do you like any webcomics?

Heck yes. I follow several - all have been mentioned here already, though.

"Cyanide and Happiness", "Penny Arcade", "xkcd" and "Alien Loves Predator" are all in my bookmarks at home.

I have friends who read VGCats. I have to put this out of my mind when I talk to them so they can keep being my friends. They know this.

I have friends who read VGCats. I have to put this out of my mind when I talk to them so they can keep being my friends. They know this.
    That's pretty bad.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

My all-time favorite was Mega-Tokyo.

Hmm...looks like it is still going - I thought it had ended.

http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php

I haven't followed it in years.

Shortpacked! can be really boring a lot of times, but they occasionally have strips that are instant classic. Case in point:

Movie Theater Diary

More Batman fun:

Movie Theater Diary

I drew and published a web-comic, for about 6 months. Only finished 12 pages, and a few one-panel strips.

These were from a short series called Stew

Yeah, I ran a webcomic for about a year called Hans, based on characters from a Grimm animated adaptation I did in high school. The strip ran for a little over a year and I did a total of about 150 strips. It never developed a readership and it was never very good, either in writing or drawing, and I quit it for good at the end of 2002, when I was 19. I did grow quite a bit as an artist, though, and found myself trying more varied and interesting things visually.

I've nearly started up a couple other projects in recent years, including one that I very nearly launched except I never came up with a satisfactory name for it, starring a few roommates and an omnipresence.

I also usually publish 1 to 3 comics (one panel, usually) a week on my website.

Oh, and in terms of things I'd actually really recommend reading, I adore Kelly's The Onion editorial cartoons.

I like Shortpacked! too, for the most part. Some really keen stuff there when Willis is really on.

Also, really like Sexy Losers though it's been over for a while and has mild symptoms of weeaboo-titis.

Those are cool syco - nice work doing so many. Doing a weekly web comic is freaking hard - really hard. It took me forever to finish a strip, so congrats on keeping it going for so long!

I love discovering all the talent at Match Cut.

Also, really like Sexy Losers though it's been over for a while and has mild symptoms of weeaboo-titis.
    The site is back up?! Woo hoo!
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Those are cool syco - nice work doing so many. Doing a weekly web comic is freaking hard - really hard. It took me forever to finish a strip, so congrats on keeping it going for so long!
    Thanks. It was a thrice-weekly. It was hella hard work, which is why it was eventually edged out by other things.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    The site is back up?! Woo hoo!
    Yeah, I just discovered this yesterday! I was very relieved. Though I think I'm gonna save the full archive... just in case.

I did one for a little while on the now defunct webcomic site Jelly Creations.

Here's a sample:

Movie Theater Diary

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    VGC is quite bad, although scott always posts cool links and youtube stuffs.

i'm a big webcomic nerd, which is very weird considered i am not a comic fan at all. and i'm very surprise i'm the first one who mentioned the order of the stick and drmcninja.

and cheer for the return of alien loves predator. that's among the first web comics that i really like.
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast