Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The College Football Discussion Thread Part III: Back to School

It gives me great joy to have lived long enough to see Kansas hang 76 points on Nebraska. Life is beautiful.

:single tear:

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    It gives me great joy to have lived long enough to see Kansas hang 76 points on Nebraska. Life is beautiful.

That is a beautiful sight.

I love Oregon's all-green uniforms.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)

I love that score. Its glorious. I can't wait for ISU to beat them next year. I'm calling it right here and now.

Hell yeah ISU won. It wasn't the prettiest win and there were some strange calls (the refs couldn't make a clear decision twice and seemed confused at times) but at least the Cyclones didn't get shut out in conference play this season. Maybe they'll finally get out of ESPN's Bottom 10 heh.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Michigan is making me nauseous again.

Fucking fuck. FUCK!!!

The Notre Dame-Army game is just crazy.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Holy Shit!!! Wooooooooooooohooooooooo!!!!

That was closer than it should have been, but being an in-state rival, I expected it to be a good game. It was a solid road win for us. I fear State in the next few years though. D'antonio has their program headed in the right direction.

LOL @ Notre Dame's tremendous season.

Fucking Navy. But at least ISU won. And so did UNI-undefeated hell yeah What's awesome is that all the major Iowa colleges won today. That hasn't happened all season long.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting DSNT (view post)
    I second that.

Hell yeah. Watching them lose never gets old.

I was hoping that Notre Dame hate would be left behind at the old site :neutral:

Right now 'Bama is taking it to LSU. The Tigers are making way too many mistakes, both mental and physical. I was able to only watch half of the Oregon-ASU game before the ESPN channel it was on switched to lame ass boxing (The Contender). To me boxing is on par with hockey: I don't give a shit about either sport.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Hell yeah. Watching them lose never gets old.
    well that's one thing we can agree on.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Bye BC.

Looking more and more like an LSU/Ohio State final every week.

LSU would beat down OSU handily. I imagine that since the BCS championship game is in New Orleans they'll be fixing it so an SEC team makes it to avoid riots.

Damn McFadden had a pretty badass performance today. He'll probably go pretty high in the draft, and I still think his Heisman canidacy is very much alive. Tim Tebow is a dark horse candidate but he's also a sophmore and thus his chances of winning are pretty low. I'd say that Andre Woodson or even Dennis Dickson is more deserving of winning, although Matt Ryan is another dark horse that has been making a strong case. WR wise I really don't see any great standouts so far, but they also need to be great at KR/PR as well which is bullshit. A great WR can make a subpar-decent QB into a good/great one.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

All night long I got to hear how U of O will be in the National Championship game and they will be led by Heisman winner Dixon. Ugh. Granted I think they are deserving and Dixon has had a great year, I just don't want to hear about it for the next year of my life.

An LSU/OSU Championship would make me happy, because OSU wouldn't stand a chance. Though what I'm really hoping is that Michigan takes them to town in two weeks, but that's grasping at straws with Lloyd Carr still employed.

As for the Heisman race, I keep hearing about Matt Ryan, but I've seen him twice now, and both times he looked like an intimidated freshman, winging the ball, making terrible mistakes, and getting picked off. If he's our Heisman front-runner, that award is pretty much meaningless this year. I think it should go to either McFadden or Dixon, with Mike Hart a dark horse. His injuries have hurt his chances but if he finishes strong against Wisconsin and OSU, he has to be part of the discussion.

Right now I would shortlist the Heisman race like this:

1. Dixon
    2. McFadden
    3. Ryan
    4. Tebow
    5. Hart

Dixon should be the frontrunner right now, but doesn't get nearly enough recognition because of the East Coast/SEC bias. McFadden made a serious case for last night.

Unfortunately I haven't seen enough of Tebow to form an opinion. Seems every time Florida is playing, I'm working that Saturday. His stats are impressive, but I've seen some pretty high scores against some lousy teams, so I'm always worried that he's padding his stats against suspect competition. The only game I got to see was when they played Auburn, and he didn't impress me that night.

We are in complete agreement that Dixon should be the front-runner. He's come up huge in huge games. That's why I like Hart as a dark horse as well, and I'd put him above Tebow and Ryan (two guys who have been unimpressive in big games). He single-handedly kept them in the App. State game when the rest of the team couldn't get going, running for 188 yards & 3 TDs; he was the only player to show up for Oregon, racking up 127 yards; 153 yards against Penn St. in a must win game; and yesterday he had 110 yards when an injury took him out of the game at halftime. I know I'm a homer, but he has stepped up his game to match his opponent.

Tebow has hurt himself recently by not running as much (due to injury) and that Georgia game nearly killed his campaign. He's immensely talented, puts a nice touch on his throws, and will be among the most exciting players to watch in the next couple of years.

Ryan may have killed his chances last night. I didn't really understand why he got so much momentum from last week's finale. Sure, he was impressive in those last two drives, but you can't forget that his poor play over the previous three quarters was what put them in that position. He wouldn't be on my top 5 right now, but people still seem to be high on him. All that said, I think he'll be the best NFL QB coming out this year.

Hart has been impressive and has single-handledly saved what could have been a disastrous season, but he is a good ways under McFadden right now. The only way I can see him contending for the trophy is if he has a big game against OSU and they win.

Hart has been impressive and has single-handledly saved what could have been a disastrous season, but he is a good ways under McFadden right now. The only way I can see him contending for the trophy is if he has a big game against OSU and they win.
    Absolutely. If McFadden fades a bit in the next few weeks and Hart has big games against Wisconsin and OSU, he has a shot. Otherwise no RB should come close to McFadden.

Good to see LSU in the #2 spot. I was afraid the Ducks would jump them.

rocus if you I were you I'd be worried about them at #2. So many #2 teams have fallen this season.

Right now I would vote for McFadden for the Heisman. He's pretty much kept a rather decent, at times medocre Razorbacks team above .500, and without him AK would have lost to SC yesterday.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast