Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 1,826 to 1,831 of 1831

Thread: Christopher Nolan's "Inception" (We're giving up on spoiler tags)

I think something more memorable could have been done with the snow finale, but it virtually doesn't matter since it's the fact that it's just another dream state that really elevates it. Moreover, dreams are rarely specific, but rather vague, elusive so there's that. I held my breath when Mal appeared. Intercut with Gordon-Levitt doing extraordinary things in corridors and elevator shafts enhances the snow action also. Works for me. One of the best movies of the last ten years.

But again, I don't recall why it had to be a snow-based conclusion. Perhaps there was a reason for it. Seems that, given the premise, it would have been awfully easy to take that finale in any number of directions although the Page character, as I remember, was there to sort of steer the whole dreamworld into something the team could deal with, without any kind of abstract and absurd interferences to ruin the mission.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    But again, I don't recall why it had to be a snow-based conclusion. Perhaps there was a reason for it. Seems that, given the premise, it would have been awfully easy to take that finale in any number of directions although the Page character, as I remember, was there to sort of steer the whole dreamworld into something the team could deal with, without any kind of abstract and absurd interferences to ruin the mission.
    Well if I recall, they wanted a long drawn out "maze" map where Hardy could string along bad guys until the job was completed. However, becaue they spent so much time in the previous dream levels, they needed to hurry through the map (go through the secret vent) which Leo wasn't supposed to know about, which is when Mal showed up.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I was gonna make some lame pac-man joke, but I'll stick to a curt " ah yes, I remember it now."
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I was looking for a good reason to do the annual Inception thread bump and I found one:

Movies Reimagined for Another Time & Place is a fun little site. And you can even purchase the posters too.

"We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Jimmy Stewart seems like a great Clark Kent.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That Russell Lebowski film would be the greatest film ever made but maybe Jane Fonda should play that female role instead? I have no idea who that actress is.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374