Page 2852 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 18522352275228022842285028512852285328542862 ... LastLast
Results 71,276 to 71,300 of 71983

Thread: 28 Film Discussion Threads Later

LAWN WRANGLER OMG

Tarantino really needs to shut his damn mouth about Bruce Lee already.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Well he was asked a question...
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Why? Lee wasn't perfect.

Never said Lee was perfect, and I highly doubt anyone (including his daughter) is making that claim.

But what almost seems like a campaign to sully his name is pretty classless. Lee's daughter is urging Tarantino to stop tearing her father down, and he couldn't care less.

Shouldn't really expect much better from QT, though. The dude has shown many times over he's pretty garbage.
    Last edited by megladon8; 07-05-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Never said Lee was perfect, and I highly doubt anyone (including his daughter) is making that claim.

But what almost seems like a campaign to sully his name is pretty classless. Lee's daughter is urging Tarantino to stop tearing her father down, and he couldn't care less.

Shouldn't really expect much better from QT, though. The dude has shown many times over he's pretty garbage.
    I know you didn't say he was perfect, I didn't quite mean that, bad wording. But I don't know why Lee seems to be off limits to say anything negative about. The dude wasn't an angel. Maybe he should stop pointing out negative things about Lee, but if hes not incorrect I don't feel it makes him garbage. Maybe uncouth.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I know you didn't say he was perfect, I didn't quite mean that, bad wording. But I don't know why Lee seems to be off limits to say anything negative about. The dude wasn't an angel. Maybe he should stop pointing out negative things about Lee, but if hes not incorrect I don't feel it makes him garbage. Maybe uncouth.
    Sure, but the dude is dead and unable to defend himself. And as Lee's daughter aptly points out, we are currently in a period of time where Asian Americans are being targeted with horrific hate crimes due to a pandemic that idiots are somehow blaming on them.

Maybe this isn't the best time to continue tearing down one of their largest cultural icons? Especially when it's not like he was a murderer. Or a rapist.

You know, like Tarantino's buddy Harvey Weinstein is.

PLUS...

I find it truly, totally HILARIOUS that Quentin Tarantino of all people would call someone out for being arrogant.

Dude. Come on.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Maybe he should stop pointing out negative things about Lee, but if hes not incorrect I don't feel it makes him garbage.
    ...but he is incorrect. He was talking mad shit on Rogan's podcast and then tried to namedrop Matthew Polly's book to substantiate his claims, which prompted Polly to go on twitter and clarify that, no, actually, his book doesn't say that. He was trying to draw comparisons between Lee and Manson at one point, for crying out loud. He's an idiot, but that shouldn't surprise anyone about Tarantino at this point; he's left a trail of evidence as long as his career.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Ok can some of you please get your butts in gear and watch Archenemy?

I need people to talk about this movie with.

If it helps, both D_Davis and Lawn Wrangler (remember him?) ADORED it. So I'm not alone.
    Wow, Lawn Wrangler. That's a name I haven't heard in ages.

And yeah QT should just admit he messed up, apologize and move on.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

This is also why even though I've only seen Hostel I'd rather listen to Eli Roth talking about film instead of QT. QT comes off as an annoying fanboy, Roth actually seems like someone who would discuss movies with you and fill you in on what you should watch.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    ...but he is incorrect. He was talking mad shit on Rogan's podcast and then tried to namedrop Matthew Polly's book to substantiate his claims, which prompted Polly to go on twitter and clarify that, no, actually, his book doesn't say that. He was trying to draw comparisons between Lee and Manson at one point, for crying out loud. He's an idiot, but that shouldn't surprise anyone about Tarantino at this point; he's left a trail of evidence as long as his career.
    Pretty much; I mean, the guy's misanthrophic streak was obvious all the way from the beginning, and the moment in Reservoir Dogs where [
    ]

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    My God it never even occurred to me that Polly might have a twitter account, lol.

Quote Quoting Matthew Polly
    Delighted to get name checked by Quentin Tarantino (one of my fav directors) on @joerogan show. But to clarify, my biography of Lee DID NOT say that "Bruce had nothing but disrespect for American stuntmen."

What I said in my book is that Bruce wanted to change American fight choreography so that the blows would miss by millimeters rather than by feet (aka the John Wayne punch) in order to better sell the technique.

But in the process, Bruce did bang up some of the stuntmen on the Green Hornet, which pissed them off. So they asked Gene LeBell to settle Bruce down.

It wasn't an issue of disrespect but a difference in fight choreography philosophy and style. For further reference, see 'Bruce Lee: A Life,' pgs 186-7.

https://twitter.com/MatthewEPolly/st...21611126788103

- - - - -

^ Additional context and worth watching if you're a fan of either Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan.

hahaha that was great. Sidenote, if ya'll want a good read, Jackie Chan's autobiography was pretty fascinating.

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    Pretty much; I mean, the guy's misanthrophic streak was obvious all the way from the beginning, and the moment in Reservoir Dogs where [
    ]
    Tarantino's a misanthrope because one of his characters is a psychopath? I think that's a stretch.

Quote Quoting StanleyK (view post)
    Tarantino's a misanthrope because one of his characters is a psychopath? I think that's a stretch.
    No, he's a misanthrope (as a filmmaker) because of the career-long combination of the cop-torturing, the pawn shop basement sodomy, the tongue-ripping, and the three consecutive films he made in a row where someone got shot in their testicles.

= )

I have an old review for Manhunter on my older blog but I think it needs a lot of work. Time for a new, equally lame, review!
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

No Country For Old Men (Coens, '07)

​You can't stop what's comin'.

[
    ]

Final Score: ​10

Last edited by StuSmallz; 07-19-2021 at 06:19 AM.

So I just created a https://letterboxd.com/ account - any others here use that? Seems pretty nifty. Any thing I should know about it? I mean it looks really well put together and they don't want any money?
    Last edited by Yxklyx; 07-21-2021 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    So I just created a https://letterboxd.com/ account - any others here use that? Seems pretty nifty. Any thing I should know about it? I mean it looks really well put together and they don't want any money?
    They have an annual fee that'll remove ads and give you some cool stats, but yeah. Free!

ericbialas on there. Hit me up!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm on there under my Match Cut name. It's a very good site. Find a good group of people to follow and it becomes excellent for recommendations.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Yeah, I'm use it: https://letterboxd.com/StuSmallz/