Page 2735 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 1735223526352685272527332734273527362737274527852835 ... LastLast
Results 68,351 to 68,375 of 71983

Thread: 28 Film Discussion Threads Later

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh wow, I didn't actually realize they made a ton of Mummy movies in the 40s. I want to watch them now.

And there are three "Fraser Mummy movies" to which you said there was only two. I dont know why I'm hammering this point honestly.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Oh wow, I didn't actually realize they made a ton of Mummy movies in the 40s. I want to watch them now.
    I went through a big Universal Monsters fase and I watched them all. The Mummy's Hand is still cool. The Chaney Jr. movies, as good as he usually is, only get worse and worse.

And I consider the Cruise one too, since it's part of that canon.

I like the Hammer Films Mummy movies. Those are cool. I also dig the 1932 original more than most.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

The 1932 one is fucking awesome, up there with Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I'm honestly not sure if I've seen the Hammer ones.

EDIT: There's only one from 1959 with Lee/Cushing, right?

EDIT 2: I found them. Haven't seen them.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 08-15-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    And I consider the Cruise one too, since it's part of that canon.
    The Cruise movie takes place in the same universe as the Fraser flicks?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    The Cruise movie takes place in the same universe as the Fraser flicks?

3:15

I think that’s more of a wink and a nod, than saying “this is in the same universe”.

Jason Goes to Hell has the Necronomicon in a scene, but I don’t think it’s saying Jason exists in the Evil Dead universe.

I totally forgot about the reference. And they could exist in the same Universe. The Fraser flicks take place in the 20s.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

My God. They were obsessed with the Mummy in the 40s and 50s. That's equivalent to the zombie crazy of the 00s.

The Mummy's Curse and Mummy's Ghost both came out in 1944. How many Mummy movies a year do you need?

AND THERE'S 5 Scorpion King Movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT. And the 3rd one has Ron Perlman!!!!!!!!

Time to tell my wife the next series we're watching.

My God. They were obsessed with the Mummy in the 40s and 50s. That's equivalent to the zombie crazy of the 00s.
    Well, Tutankhamun's tomb, Howard Carter's other expeditions and the curse had been all the rage in the '20s and '30s.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I think that’s more of a wink and a nod, than saying “this is in the same universe”.

Jason Goes to Hell has the Necronomicon in a scene, but I don’t think it’s saying Jason exists in the Evil Dead universe.
    A totally fair argument, but I personally like the idea that they do. And it could stand to reason that Book of the Dead is what led them in their research and gave them all the information they had about the mummy.

Edit: On the other hand, Jason being a deadite would sure explain a lot of those later sequels...

- - - - -
    Edit: On the other hand, Jason being a deadite would sure explain a lot of those later sequels...
    lol, holy shit this is such a great idea / interpretation.

somebody could make a helluva fun mash up movie (akin to "Freddy vs Jason") that involved Jason-the-Deadite facing off against Ash.

The only problem is that Jason doesn't talk and, for me, the standout moments in any "Evil Dead" outing are the ones where the Deadites openly mock Ash in that Deadite-style voice (well, that, and the ridiculous gore.)

Question: has there been a deadite speaking to a character that was not a friendly, or Ashley "the foretold chosen one" (at least in ear shot)? I honestly don't know. Or has there ever been another silent deadite? Maybe Jason is the Silent Bob of deadites.

Sidenote: I slept 2 hours last night and worked a stupid long day (beginning at 445am) today, so take all of me with large fuck of a grain this evening.
    Last edited by Skitch; 08-16-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    somebody could make a helluva fun mash up movie (akin to "Freddy vs Jason") that involved Jason-the-Deadite facing off against Ash.

The only problem is that Jason doesn't talk and, for me, the standout moments in any "Evil Dead" outing are the ones where the Deadites openly mock Ash in that Deadite-style voice (well, that, and the ridiculous gore.)
    I WOULD WATCH THE HELL OUTTA THIS MOVIE.

You're not wrong about the 2nd part, but it would sure bring horror back to the ED series of a silent unstoppable deadite. Ash cracks wise, and gets blasted through a wall. Then he gets scared. "WHY WON'T YOU TALK??"

Question: has there been a deadite speaking to a character that was not a friendly, or Ashley "the foretold chosen one" (at least in ear shot)? I honestly don't know. Or has there ever been another silent deadite? Maybe Jason is the Silent Bob of deadites.

Sidenote: I slept 2 hours last night and worked a stupid long day (beginning at 445am) today, so take all of me with large fuck of a grain this evening.
    Yes. In Army of Darkness when they are digging up their army they are constantly talking to each other.

"Welcome back to the land of the living"

Yes. In Army of Darkness when they are digging up their army they are constantly talking to each other.

"Welcome back to the land of the living"
    Yes those were friendlies.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    lol, holy shit this is such a great idea / interpretation.

I liked when we found out that Bruce Willis was a ghost the whole time.

Yes those were friendlies.
    Friendlies?

Friendlies?
    Friends of dead ites. Why do I have to repeat what I already said

- - - - -
    Question: has there been a deadite speaking to a character that was not a friendly, or Ashley "the foretold chosen one" (at least in ear shot)?
    If such a situation exists, it's probably somewhere in the "Ash vs Evil Dead" tv show, because Ash ran with 2 sidekicks and both of them had their own, individual encounters with deadites.

PS: "Friends of Deadites" (or "F.O.D.") sounds like a support group for horror junkies. "Excuse me, but are you a Friend of Deadites?"

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    The 1932 one is fucking awesome, up there with Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I'm honestly not sure if I've seen the Hammer ones.

EDIT: There's only one from 1959 with Lee/Cushing, right?

EDIT 2: I found them. Haven't seen them.
    There are multiple Hammer Mummy movies. The Cushing/Lee one is the most famous of the bunch. I am planning on posting more reviews on my blog of all the Hammer films I have seen so far, a project I get around to every once in a while.

PS: I think I have seen all of the Hammer Mummy flicks save for maybe one or two.
    Last edited by MadMan; 08-17-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

In the Ash vs Freddy vs Jason comic I think Jason ended up leading the Deadite army or something like that.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I also want to see the 1930s/1940s Universal Mummy movies. I have enjoyed most of the Mummy films I have viewed so far.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

The 1932 Mummy doesn't have nearly enough mummy in it.