Page 1795 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 79512951695174517851793179417951796179718051845189522952795 ... LastLast
Results 44,851 to 44,875 of 71987

Thread: 28 Film Discussion Threads Later

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting MacGuffin (view post)
    Peeping Tom (1960) **½
    Eyes Without a Face (1960) ***
    Onibaba (1964) ****
    What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962) on my queue also
    Ugetsu (1954) ****
    Diabolique (1955) ***
    Very nice. Onibaba looks to be a good watch. It's either between that or What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? tonight.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So, I'm not buying it. They are. They should eat the cost not me.
    "Eating the cost" is not a very profitable business strategy.

I know your entitled to not paying more for what they have to pay more for. How dare they.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Duke, there is no business in the world that does not pass their increased costs on to the consumer. Why the heck would you think they should eat those costs?
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

If they're buying Blu-ray they're buying in bulk- they're not paying $30 a blu-ray that we the consumer are. I don't think we should pay any more for a blu-ray; maybe only have 1 out at a time? But $3 more???

Maybe I'm underestimating how much of an increase it actually is. I hope that $3 goes down over time.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    But it is per month, not per Blu-ray. You could potentially rent as many Blu-ray's in a month as possible under your plan. It would still only be a $3 increase, so if you got say, 8 in one month, that's really only about 38 cents more for each.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

I know but most of the time I don't really care about the Blu-ray features, I only want regular DVDs. On top of the fact that most movies don't even have a Blu-ray release yet. So if I'm still asking for the same number of movies (8), maybe only 1 of those is a Blu-ray.

edit: My complaint isn't rational I know, I'm just being cheap.

They give you HD Instant Watch for free, you know.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    They give you HD Instant Watch for free, you know.
    Shut up.

*checks*

Well I'll be a son of a bitch...

Can I search through this list? It doesn't look like it.

It's... automatic. You search for any movie and if it's available on HD, it'll try to play on HD.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

If they're buying Blu-ray they're buying in bulk- they're not paying $30 a blu-ray that we the consumer are.
    They might actually be paying more. While the practice has gone down in recent years with day-and-date releases of DVDs to the consumer and rental markets, it was not unheard of a few years ago for a rental place to pay over $100 a copy for popular movies to rent.

When I was co-manager of the video dept. at Tower Records we constantly had to explain to this to customers when they lost something.

It's probably different now, though.

Also, as a business I'm sure NF would like to make a few more dollars on early adopters. Early adopters always pay more for the technology.

It's not really that early still is it? I got my first blu-ray player in 2006.... my first HD DVD player in 2005... Blu-rays are coming down in price faster than DVD did.

Given that Emma, Lady Hamilton, had a perfectly fascinating life and was (by all accounts) a complex and interesting person, she deserves better than That Hamilton Woman. Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh fail to elevate the material, which plays out as a pandering, preachy, impossible romance, along the lines of Now, Voyager, which I also hated.

Blah.
    ...and the milk's in me.

A Long Way to Tipperary MacGuffin's Avatar
    Shut up.

*checks*

Well I'll be a son of a bitch...

Can I search through this list? It doesn't look like it.
    instantwatcher.com

I've never seen anything quite like Shadows. Also surprising to see it was entirely improved.

Recently rewatched Tekkonkinkreet. One of my all-time favorite movies. Profound, beautiful, moving...truly a work of art. This is true adult animation - mature and powerful.

Drew Barry More

My favorite is on the HK version of Andrew Lau's A Man Called Hero, the synopsis beings, "What had happened was..."

Hilarious.

I don't mind paying a bit more for bluray, but their 'long waits' drive me batty. Had The Road at the top of my list before it was released, and only got it last week. That sucks. I know they're more in demand when they're released, but its still annoying.

Which movie about evangelical Christian bigots is worth watching? Jesus Camp or Hell House?

Which movie about evangelical Christian bigots is worth watching? Jesus Camp or Hell House?
    I've only seen Jesus Camp, but if you're looking come out angry over a movie, that would be the one.
    The Last Exorcism (Stamm, 2010) - **½
    The Karate Kid (Zwart, 2010) - ***
    Date Night (Levy, 2010) - **½
    Toy Story 3 (Unkrich, 2010) - ****
    The Kids Are All Right (Cholodenko, 2010) - ***
    Mrs. Henderson Presents (Frears, 2005) - ***
    Black Sunday (Frankenheimer, 1977) - **½
    The Hands That Rocks the Cradle (Hanson, 1992) - **½

Quote Quoting RoadtoPerdition (view post)
    I've only seen Jesus Camp, but if you're looking come out angry over a movie, that would be the one.
    Hell House made me so angry I had to turn it off, so I think either will do the job.

They are both worth watching. I like Hell House. It's like a live-action Chick Tract.

I've never seen anything quite like Shadows. Also surprising to see it was entirely improved.
    You should watch Faces next if you haven't already.

I'm paying $4 extra for blu-rays - you guys only pay $3 more?

I haven't seen Faces, but I'll definitely prioritize it.