Page 2752 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 1752225226522702274227502751275227532754276228022852 ... LastLast
Results 68,776 to 68,800 of 71983

Thread: 28 Film Discussion Threads Later

Quote Quoting origami_mustache (view post)
    film of the decade?
    That was excellent.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

- - - - -
    Got off my duff and signed up for a *new Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/t__bomba/

I went to Duke's account and followed everybody I thought was from Match Cut. If I missed you, lemme know. (Obviously, you're not obligated to follow back.)
    Last edited by Irish; 01-01-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yaaaaaay
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    I'm blocking you the second you tweet about Boston sports

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I'm blocking you the second you tweet about Boston sports
    Heh, hey, 2 out of my last 4 tweets were Movies/TV related. I would say if my SportsTweet ratio goes above 3:1, that's grounds for blocking.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Got off my duff and signed up for a *new Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/t__bomba/

I went to Duke's account and followed everybody I thought was from Match Cut. If I missed you, lemme know. (Obviously, you're not obligated to follow back.)
    Sweet, glad to see you on there. Add me, I'm Lazlo and/or Griffin Van Malssen. Just followed you.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

A few Letterboxd stats highlights for 2019 for me:

454 films watched (including multiple viewings; it's 442 individual films)
    8.7 per week

Most watched actors:
    Tom Cruise - 18 films
    Harrison Ford - 15
    Willem Dafoe - 14
    Samuel L. Jackson - 13
    Patrick Stewart - 11
    Bruce Willis - 11
    Bill Murray - 9
    Keanu Reeves - 9
    M. Night Shyamalan - 9
    Jason Schwartzman - 9

Most Watched Directors:
    M. Night Shyamalan - 12 films
    Wes Anderson - 12
    Paul Schrader - 10
    David Lynch - 10
    Quentin Tarantino - 9
    Martin Scorsese - 5
    Bryan Singer - 5
    Steven Spielberg - 4
    Robert Rodriguez - 4
    Tim Burton - 4

Good times!

Expanded look: https://letterboxd.com/lazlo/year/2019/
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Oh I didn't know anyone could actually see that page other than the user, which is why I took screenshots and posted in the 2019 thread.

Damn impressive lazlo- 454 films watched. Only 177 for me- my third lowest ever.

Here's mine; probably pretty boring for you all: https://letterboxd.com/dukefrukem/year/2019/

- - - - -
    3 films a week is pretty significant tho.

Your first / last / most viewed films were interesting (although I guess not terribly surprising in your case haha).

Can you believe the wife had never seen the Indiana Jones, Matrix and Riddick films? Me neither.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Can you believe the wife had never seen the Indiana Jones, Matrix and Riddick films? Me neither.
    Presumably your wife isn't a teenage boy or a big nerd. So I get why she'd never seen those movies. (Especially something like "Riddick.")

Btw, glad you liked "Nightingale"! You're the only other person I know who's actually seen the damn thing.

Yeh it was really hard to watch with those beginning scenes as a new parent. And just when you didn't think you could hate a character anymore....

Yeh it was really hard to watch with those beginning scenes as a new parent. And just when you didn't think you could hate a character anymore....
    I don't know what happens in Nightingale, but gear yourself for more of that reaction. I adored Under The Skin, best of 2014 I said, fantastic cerebral sci-fi, cant wait to watch it again...and every time I'm ready to press play I remember the scene on the beach. With the toddler. Its damn near unbearable. It makes me shake, especially my hands. Then I damn near go in to full on anxiety attack.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I don't know what happens in Nightingale, but gear yourself for more of that reaction. I adored Under The Skin, best of 2014 I said, fantastic cerebral sci-fi, cant wait to watch it again...and every time I'm ready to press play I remember the scene on the beach. With the toddler. Its damn near unbearable. It makes me shake, especially my hands. Then I damn near go in to full on anxiety attack.
    Lucky for me, I thought that was the most overrated movie MC has ever been obsessed with. Close second Spring breakers. Third Tree of Life. But I don't ever have to worry about watching that movie again.

Spring Breakers and Tree of Life were both pretty well rubbish imo

Point being, little scenes like that can grab you by the throat in this new stage of life.

Totally. I watched Mother! for the first time in 2019 too. HUGELY impactful on me.

Spring Breakers is one of the most formally adventurous American films of the past decade. Under the Skin is fine but made me wish I were watching a real Kiarostami film. My feelings about The Tree of Life are pretty well known on this forum.

On an unrelated note, my Letterboxd stats can be found here.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

All of you did the upgraded Letterboxd account?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    All of you did the upgraded Letterboxd account?
    It seemed pointless to dutifully log every movie I see for a year and not get the year-end stats. And it's only twenty bucks. I won't starve.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

- - - - -
    I didn't get the super-pro account or whatever because I'm too cheap.

Gotta say it's been fun to see people's ratings/ reviews come across the homepage as they see new stuff.

ETA: Although I might need a Matchcut-to-Letterboxd translator, from real name to handle, because I'm bound to forget who is who. (Except for Duke, who conveniently goes by "Dukefrukem" on every platform ever created. )
    Last edited by Irish; 01-02-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Totally. I watched Mother! for the first time in 2019 too. HUGELY impactful on me.
    There you go. Another one I want to rewatch but damn THAT snap sound i almost pulled my hair out the first time.

I'm too cheap for pro as well. Plus I'm a year and a half behind on letterboxing...I'll catch up one of these days.

ETA: Although I might need a Matchcut-to-Letterboxd translator, from real name to handle, because I'm bound to forget who is who. (Except for Duke, who conveniently goes by "Dukefrukem" on every platform ever created. )
    Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)

On an unrelated note, my Letterboxd stats can be found here.
    Totally. Had no idea this guy, Michael Sooriyakumaran, following me was Baby Doll. Would have been following him a long time ago.

We tried something a while back but it's incomplete. http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...-E-mail-Thread

And yeh I have the LB upgraded account. I dont might paying for something that i use as much as LB. Film is essentially a hobby and worth $50/year.

How soon do we need to contact number8 to create a 2020 movie and TV forum?

And does anyone have access to change the damn banner?

I thought you had access to all of that stuff now? o.O