Page 2756 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 1756225626562706274627542755275627572758276628062856 ... LastLast
Results 68,876 to 68,900 of 71983

Thread: 28 Film Discussion Threads Later

x4 = The Matrix & The Dark Knight

I saw I'm Not There. four times in theatres in three different cities (Toronto, Halifax, and twice in Busan). Some movies I've seen twice in theatres, off the top of my head: Adieu au langage and The Grand Budapest Hotel (Hong Kong), An Autumn Afternoon (Busan and Toronto), Before Sunset and Crimson Gold (Toronto), Brick (Halifax and Busan), Independence Day and The Matrix (Halifax), and Saved! (Toronto and Halifax). I can't remember now if I saw Persepolis twice in theatres or only once.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Independence Day (4x)
    The New World (2x)
    Tree of Life (2x)
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2x)
    Parasite (2x)
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Jurassic Park may have been 4x as well.

I love how many of us saw Independence Day so many damn times in the theater.

- - - - -
    Only done it a few times.

- "Aliens" (1986). Packed crowd, huge screen, great sound. Went in cold. Saw it again a week or so later. Helluva experience.

- "The Phantom Menace" (1999) twice during opening weekend with 2 different groups of friends. I fell asleep the second time.

- Every "Blade Runner" re-release and special cut (1992, 1997, 2007 ... etc).

I'm kinda surprised you guys have gone back so often.

Words cannot express my jealousy at seeing both Aliens and Blade Runner in the theater.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I still think it's the best one. Even if the villainous plot is very close to laser beam in the sky-ish.
    It wasn't AS big of a letdown as Phantom Menace, but I remember being pretty disappointed, solely due to how dumb Sabretooth was and the "toad" joke near the end, among other things. But setting up Wolverine was certainly a pleasure to see.

It wasn't until X2 that I got excited on how things went.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Words cannot express my jealousy at seeing both Aliens and Blade Runner in the theater.
    It helped that Alien and Aliens had the best marketing slogan ever. Terrifying. I can't imagine seeing that in a dark room with other people.

Though kinda on the same element, Blair Witch Project was memorable for me.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It helped that Alien and Aliens had the best marketing slogan ever. Terrifying. I can't imagine seeing that in a dark room with other people.

Though kinda on the same element, Blair Witch Project was memorable for me.
    Hellz ya. Alien must have been straight up terrifying at first release.

And I'm also jealous you saw Blair Witch. I really wanted to, but I was just at that age where my parents weren't quite ready to let me go to a horror movie.

I could watch whatever I wanted are home, but theatres they were stricter.

I saw BWP. I was super prepared to be skeptical of its bullshit....and it still scared the crap out of me. I didnt realize how much until months (maybe years) later when I randomly found myself walking through the woods with a flashlight. All I could do not to run.

4 x:

Titanic

3 x:
    Boogie Nights
    Memento
    LOTR: FOTR
    LOTR: TTT
    LA Confidential

Most recent movie I have seen more than once at the theater is Before Sunset (2004)
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I think I saw Blair Witch Project twice in theaters actually... it struck a nerve where I needed to go back and look close at what was in the pile of sticks and so I could rewatch that ending.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I think I saw Blair Witch Project twice in theaters actually... it struck a nerve where I needed to go back and look close at what was in the pile of sticks and so I could rewatch that ending.
    I pulled an awful prank on a guy I was in Jiu Jitsu with back when it came out.

The movie scared him so bad that he had nightmares for weeks and couldn't stop talking about it. One summer night he left his car window rolled down at the dojo parking lot, and I put a pile of rocks on the driver's seat and a stick figure on the windshield

I saw The Blair Witch Project in the theater. Missed the first X-Men in theaters, though.

And I believe Scream 2 was my first R rated horror film I was allowed to go see in the theater.

can recall his past lives origami_mustache's Avatar
    I saw The Rock in theaters x3 haha and it was def my favorite movie ever for a while. Also saw Con Air twice shortly after.

Jojo Rabbit was trying so hard to be funny and not landing it was sad and also very one note with the brainwashed naive kid...Scarjo's accent was so bad, and that ending was super cringe...ultimately felt like a waste of time for me.

The King was pretty solid. I enjoyed Robert Pattinson as an arrogant bratty French Prince, Timothée Chalamet carries his weight, Ben Mendelsohn and Joel Edgerton are always welcome additions for me as well.

Kamikaze 1989 was so fun and wacky and enjoyable and sad watching Fassbinder's last performance. Worth it alone for the wardrobes and production design.

The Art of Self Defense was entertaining enough to watch through similarly to Jojo Rabbit, but in the same vein, too cartoony and lacking enough of a satirical payoff for any of it to exist.

I can't believe I never saw The Point before. I wish I had cool parents haha. This was amazing.
    Last edited by origami_mustache; 02-07-2020 at 08:20 AM.
    In Front of Your Face (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    Introduction (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    True Mothers (Naomi Kawase, 2020) - 8
    Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy - (Ryusuke Hamaguchi, 2021) - 7
    Wife of a Spy (Kiyoshi Kurosawa, 2020) - 7
    The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion, 2021) - 9
    Don't Look Up - (Adam McKay, 2021) - 4
    The Matrix Resurrections (Lana Wachowski, 2021) - 4.5
    Benedetta (Paul Verhoeven, 2021) - 7

mubi

Yeah, I don't think I've ever gone more than twice to the same movie. Last time was probably Mad Max: Fury Road. I remember I did it for Batman Begins (back when I sort of liked Nolan, still the best of that trilogy though), Spiderman 2 and The Incredibles.

Producer
    I think my theatrical max is only a third time, in high school (for a Thai film). Otherwise, they're all x2. My four most recent second-theatrical-watches ones are... (looking it up) Little Women, Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and Mission:Impossible - Fallout.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

And I believe Scream 2 was my first R rated horror film I was allowed to go see in the theater.
    You didn't sneak in like me?

First R rated movie in theaters: T2. My folks were in Canada fishing, and I lobbied all week for my aunt to take me (12) and my nine year old brother.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Oh, and I think I saw Jurassic Park and True Lies four times a piece.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

First R-Rated movie I went to was Die Hard with a Vengeance. My father took me. And boy was I happy.

After that, my friends and I would just buy tickets to R-rated movies and no one ever stopped us from going in. Movies like Scream, Species 2, Scream 2, Eraser, the Rock....

I was 12 and no one at the theaters gave a shit.

Producer
    I'm not much of a watched-in-theater guy yet in my elementary and middle school years, outsides Harry Potter. First R-Rated film: Silent Hill when I was 15. And most weirdly because my younger sister and her friends wanted to see it and my parents ordered me to accompany them, lol. But that was fun, certainly better than the next one, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem...
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

I begged to go to theater every weekend. It was a big deal when I would finally get to go. First R-Rated in theater was....Leprechan lol. Once I got my license I went damn near every weekend. Snuck into a lot of movies too. They used to be so lax that if you went to consessions and bought food you could just walk right in. They rarely checked for tickets.