Page 2755 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 1755225526552705274527532754275527562757276528052855 ... LastLast
Results 68,851 to 68,875 of 71983

Thread: 28 Film Discussion Threads Later

Been watching a few random Interstellar scenes, and I think people took that movie for granted.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I love that movie so much and I still think it is Nolan's masterpiece.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Question:

At what point in a film's development, do you consider the film a influenced by the parent company?

For example- when Disney bought Pixar back in 2006, there are likely several films in development at Pixar but released after the purchase date(two of Pixar's best likely... Ratatouille and Wall-E were released after). I dont consider them a Disney product.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Question:

At what point in a film's development, do you consider the film a influenced by the parent company?

For example- when Disney bought Pixar back in 2006, there are likely several films in development at Pixar but released after the purchase date(two of Pixar's best likely... Ratatouille and Wall-E were released after). I dont consider them a Disney product.
    They were still being distributed and financed by Disney. In Steve Jobs' biography they talk about Disney having a lot of influence all the way back to the original Toy Story. Pixar was never making these things in a vacuum and then delivering Disney a finished product.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    They were still being distributed and financed by Disney. In Steve Jobs' biography they talk about Disney having a lot of influence all the way back to the original Toy Story. Pixar was never making these things in a vacuum and then delivering Disney a finished product.
    I suppose. I knew about the Disney/Pixar partnership but didn't realize Disney had creative teams in there too.

To keep this discussion going, what about the Marvel films?

Deal was made in 09 to acquire Marvel Entertainment, several films already in development. Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor(2011), Captain America(2011) and the Avengers(2012).

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I suppose. I knew about the Disney/Pixar partnership but didn't realize Disney had creative teams in there too.

To keep this discussion going, what about the Marvel films?

Deal was made in 09 to acquire Marvel Entertainment, several films already in development. Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor(2011), Captain America(2011) and the Avengers(2012).
    Started to feel one-note and predictable at around Phase 2.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Just wrote something about The Hunt For Red October; long review short, "it's no surprise that McTiernan brought his crafty eye to the murky waters of ths submarine thriller, taking the cinematic skills he learned on his previous efforts and honing them to an even sharper point, as he immerses us deep in the world of political intrigue and military fetishization that Tom Clancy created with his novel, as almost every character is either an intelligence agent, a backstabbing politician, or member of the armed forces, spouting highly technical military lingo and hatching a scheme to outsmart the other side at every turn, which gives the film a propulsiveness that the rest of the Jack Ryan films, which generally felt like fairly anonymous Hollywood action/thrillers, just never matched".

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    Just wrote something about The Hunt For Red October; long review short, "it's no surprise that McTiernan brought his crafty eye to the murky waters of ths submarine thriller, taking the cinematic skills he learned on his previous efforts and honing them to an even sharper point, as he immerses us deep in the world of political intrigue and military fetishization that Tom Clancy created with his novel, as almost every character is either an intelligence agent, a backstabbing politician, or member of the armed forces, spouting highly technical military lingo and hatching a scheme to outsmart the other side at every turn, which gives the film a propulsiveness that the rest of the Jack Ryan films, which generally felt like fairly anonymous Hollywood action/thrillers, just never matched".
    It's been a very long time since I've seen this. I may need to rewatch.

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    Agreed. I adore this film. Favorite Jack Ryan entry, favorite submarine movie.

This is one of my favorite shots:

Attack life like Frank Langella attacked Skeletor.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Does not compute.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Does not compute.
    Masters of the Universe reference?

Seeing how Frozen II has ended its theater run in my town, meaning I likely won't be able to see it again in theaters anytime soon, I suppose it's time update my multiple theater viewings list.

x9:
    Frozen II

x5:
    La La Land

x4:
    Dredd
    Independence Day
    Interstellar

x3:
    Avengers: Endgame
    The Dark Knight
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Inside Out
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Van Helsing

x2:
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    Aquaman
    The Avengers
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Captain America: Civil War
    Coco
    The Counselor
    Crimson Peak
    Deadpool
    Deadpool 2
    Drive
    Four Brothers
    Frozen
    The Greatest Showman
    Inception
    Lincoln
    Logan
    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    The Neon Demon
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    The Punisher
    The Raid: Redemption
    The Raid 2
    Sicario
    Side Effects
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3
    Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    Tangled
    Titanic
    Transformers
    War of the Worlds

What all movies have you all seen multiple times in the theater? And how many times?

I think 3x is the most I've done. Off the top of my head:

A Star is Born (2018)
    Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
    Gravity
    Mad Max: Fury Road

That's pretty much all I can think of and I'm pretty sure there's no four-timers.

There's a lot I've seen twice in theaters.

EDIT: 9 times for Frozen II is unreal dude.

EDIT 2: Forgot about all three The Lord of the Rings movies which I saw at least twice in their initial runs and at least twice in re-release special events.
    Last edited by Lazlo; 02-06-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

I definitely saw Independence Day and the Matrix four times in theaters. Incredible experiences for both films.

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    EDIT: 9 times for Frozen II is unreal dude.
    It’s just so good. X)

I definitely saw Independence Day and the Matrix four times in theaters. Incredible experiences for both films.
    I actually never saw any of The Matrix films in the theater. >.>

Batman Begins and the first X-Men I saw 5 times each.

Masters of the Universe reference?
    I figured that, but I can't make sense of the actual sentence.

Attacked as in attacked the role, as in he put everything into that shit.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Batman Begins and the first X-Men I saw 5 times each.
    Oh that's right. The First X-men I saw three times. Was amazed they put those characters on screen decently.

Oh that's right. The First X-men I saw three times. Was amazed they put those characters on screen decently.
    Agreed.

I think we forget today how big of a deal it was that X-Men was so good.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Ohhhhhhh. Now I get it.

I was halfway to thinking you had your keyboard stuck on another language setting or something

Agreed.

I think we forget today how big of a deal it was that X-Men was so good.
    I still think it's the best one. Even if the villainous plot is very close to laser beam in the sky-ish.

Younger me was fascinated when I read that Singer modeled the plots after the original Start Trek films.

Raimi did the same thing, basing the plots of the Spidey flicks on the Superman movies.