Page 2814 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 181423142714276428042812281328142815281628242864 ... LastLast
Results 70,326 to 70,350 of 71983

Thread: 28 Film Discussion Threads Later

*insert Dr Evil Hug gif here*
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Its not feasable with 2 young kids and 3 dogs in all hardwood livingroom. I'm not doing the work to run wires when we plan to move in a couple years, and the kids would be using it the most. It would just put a lot of unnecessary hours on it.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh man. Don't let that discourage you. I'll be up to 2 kids and 1 dog this summer and you bet your ass I'm going to being enjoying some flicks. It's a weekend of work.

Didn't know you were planning on moving?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Last year I heard a horrible rattle under my sub. I was worried I somehow blew it up. Ran over in a panic, and found that it was a paper receipt directly under the down firing portion rattling against the hardwood whenever the bass was firing.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Oh man. Don't let that discourage you. I'll be up to 2 kids and 1 dog this summer and you bet your ass I'm going to being enjoying some flicks. It's a weekend of work.

Didn't know you were planning on moving?
    We never planned to stay in this house. The basement is a wet basement thats unfinishable (if I stand up I have to put my head between the floor supports). My wife bought this house with her ex, so I've been fixing it up for ten years but the market hasn't been awesome the last ten years. The biggest bonus is its across the street from the elementary school and its just too damn convenient to walk the boys to and from school (at the moment). Once they are done with elementary, and I've finished a few other fixup items, its going on the market and we're getting the hell out of town. This property is the center of a loop, we are literally surrounded on all four sides by streets and houses. I don't need to be in the sticks, but I like to occasionally piss off of my porch without scarring my neighbors. After apartment life I lived just outside of town but had a 1/2 mile long driveway, it made me realize how much I hated disruptive asshole neighbors, snowblowers on sidewalks at 5am, garbage trucks at 330am, neighbors neglected dogs...the list is endless. Damn rednecks who don't give a flying fuck about anyone. Once in my apartment I woke up to the jobless loser neighbor playing minesweeper at full volume at 3am. I kicked the wall so hard/often while screaming "fuck you" I knocked shit off his walls.

Edit: we're going to stay in the area, but we dont want to be in town.
    Last edited by Skitch; 01-14-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I’ll prioritize his viewing when quarantines are done.

The sound system in the basement is choice.
    You forget I splurged on a gigantic TV and sound system of my own a few months ago.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I choose to ignore the fact that your TV is better than mine.

;-)

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    We never planned to stay in this house. The basement is a wet basement thats unfinishable (if I stand up I have to put my head between the floor supports). My wife bought this house with her ex, so I've been fixing it up for ten years but the market hasn't been awesome the last ten years. The biggest bonus is its across the street from the elementary school and its just too damn convenient to walk the boys to and from school (at the moment). Once they are done with elementary, and I've finished a few other fixup items, its going on the market and we're getting the hell out of town. This property is the center of a loop, we are literally surrounded on all four sides by streets and houses. I don't need to be in the sticks, but I like to occasionally piss off of my porch without scarring my neighbors. After apartment life I lived just outside of town but had a 1/2 mile long driveway, it made me realize how much I hated disruptive asshole neighbors, snowblowers on sidewalks at 5am, garbage trucks at 330am, neighbors neglected dogs...the list is endless. Damn rednecks who don't give a flying fuck about anyone. Once in my apartment I woke up to the jobless loser neighbor playing minesweeper at full volume at 3am. I kicked the wall so hard/often while screaming "fuck you" I knocked shit off his walls.

Edit: we're going to stay in the area, but we dont want to be in town.
    Gotcha. Totally get the school appeal. When my wife and I moved this past July, we had the same situation. But we opted to get away for more space.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Two more animes round out another group of ten:

Interstella 5555 gains everything from the Daft Punk co-sign. I suppose putting this on is better than muting Space Jam or whatever and cranking Discovery. (I suppose...)

The Cat Returns is the flip-side of its quasi-prequel: if Whisper of the Heart is all character and little whimsy, then The Cat Returns is all whimsy and little character. In the end they're both solid but not superlative Studio Ghibli films (I think I give the edge to Whisper of the Heart because that's a much better title than The Cat Returns).

Anime Binge #2 Ranked:

1. Belladonna of Sadness
    2. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    3. Tokyo Godfathers
    4. Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
    5. Tale of the White Serpent
    6. The Cat Returns
    7. Kiki's Delivery Service
    8. Interstella 5555
    9. Pom Poko
    10. Robot Carnival

A couple random anime observations by an American viewer:

During any mealtime scene there is approximately a 98% chance you'll see a plate with a single fried egg (sunny side up).

If the protagonist is in middle or high school (and they probably are), there will be at least one instance in which they are hopelessly late to class due to oversleeping.

Interstella 5555 is a weird experience but worked for me.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Sabotage (1936) is a neat Hitchcock flick from his early England days. Good pacing, lots of suspense, model shots yey. Plus [
    ]

87/100, check it out on Tubi.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I looooove Heat. Saw it a few times in the theater.
    Yeah, it's definitely grown on me with this second viewing, since, during my first one almost twenty years ago, I was more annoyed at how long it was; don't get me wrong, I still feel that the sub-plots with the prostitute & Dennis Haysbert should've been cut, but I definitely appreciate the overall scope it brings to its genre a lot more this time. Really good f'ing movie.

Holy crap, The Nice Guys was great.

Might even like it more than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

Yeh it's was critically acclaimed here. http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...highlight=Guys

After Gossling's early work, being a bland, emotionless sack of meat, this was very refreshing.

I'll get around to that one sometime. I always hear good things.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    After Gossling's early work, being a bland, emotionless sack of meat, this was very refreshing.
    Which early films are you talking about? The Believer? The Slaughter Rule? Half Nelson?
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    Which early films are you talking about? The Believer? The Slaughter Rule? Half Nelson?
    Heh. You know what movies I'm talking about. Though should have said earlier* work. Drive, Only God Forgives, and even Blue Valentine / Place Beyond the Pines to an extent.

He was on a rough character streak.

This made me laugh. Your posts usually don't.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I just love discovering new content, and new content creators.

Can we all collectively agree to refer to movies, music, books, art, games as "content" now?

Man, Stanley Kubrick...what an incredible content creator.

I just love discovering new content, and new content creators.

Can we all collectively agree to refer to movies, music, books, art, games as "content" now?

Man, Stanley Kubrick...what an incredible content creator.
    I can't tell if this is ironic or not.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

I can't tell if this is ironic or not.
    Any recommendations for some good ironic content?

That is a fun movie and I love both it and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a lot. Saw The Nice Guys on the big screen. The book is great, too.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Drive and The Place Beyond the Pines are both excellent flicks. I liked Only God Forgives. Never saw Blue Valentine or Half Nelson. The Notebook is awful but I don't blame him for making that one.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Why did James William Guercio only direct once - because Electra Glide in Blue is one amazing movie!