Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Night TV Discussion Thread

Well yeah of course he's still good. Conan in any form>>>>>>Jay Leno.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Now this is more like it. Max jokes, his usual crazy desk shtick, awesome out on the street skit. This is good stuff.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Also, it must be nice to have Brian Williams as a good friend and regular contributor so you can get him to ask the President of the United States about you.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Absolute top form tonight. Looks like he's getting more comfortable by the show.

Love all the Late Night references.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeah, that was a really good show. I've only got time in my evenings for one or one-half of a late night show, and for the next little bit it's gonna be Conan instead of Craig, then I'll probably return to mixing them up. Late night TV is great TV to work out to.

Conan's backdrop look familiar to you?

Movie Theater Diary

Good lord, who figured that out

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Argh, I wish I could find the first three episodes somewhere. I missed them entirely.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    Argh, I wish I could find the first three episodes somewhere. I missed them entirely.
    Easily torrentable. That's how I saw them.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I'm thoroughly enjoying Jimmy Fallon. Sure, his interviewing skills are nil, but his enthusiasm is beyond compare, he gets his audience involved in nearly every show, his skits are usually pretty funny (especially 7th Floor West), and the show is filled with energy. It's a good time.

His interview with Mark Paul Gosseller was fantastic.

Also, he has the best late night set ever.
    Movie Theater Diary

I've been catching a couple of Fallon's monologues. I can never make it past them to the rest of the show.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I've been catching a couple of Fallon's monologues. I can never make it past them to the rest of the show.
    Yeah, they're mediocre for sure, but stick around sometime. I think you'll enjoy it.

And don't you know it ThePlashyBubbler's Avatar
    The "Zach Morris" interview made me fall out of my chair it was so funny. Never thought Mark-Paul Gosselar would be so game for that. The cell phone :lol:

Apparently David Letterman is in hot water with the Palin family.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/200906...ws/ynews_en386

Personally, I don't think Letterman should be making jokes about either of her daughters (neither is a public figure, neither deserves to be ridiculed) but it's pretty obvious whom he was referencing when he made his "perverted" remarks.

Bristol Palin is a plenty public figure.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Bristol Palin is a plenty public figure.
    Yeah, I agree that politicians' families should be off-limits, but at this point Bristol is no longer just Sarah Palin's unmentionable daughter. The younger sister is, but not Bristol, who aside from being an Octomom-type tabloid celebrity, is out there actively talking to kids and being a spokeswoman for her mom's ridiculous abstinence policy.
    Movie Theater Diary

Maybe she is a public figure but the jokes are still in poor taste, IMO. I don't think promoting abstinence warrants having your reputation slandered. Further, it's pretty obvious she's just being punished for having an idiot for a mother. Sarah Palin provides plenty of her own material, Letterman doesn't need to stoop to picking on 18 year old girls who haven't done anything to deserve that type of attack.

A lot of late night jokes are in poor taste. I really don't see what's particularly egregious about this one.

The joke about Palin's slutty flight attendant look is better than the other two anyway. Loved Dave's response.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Robby P (view post)
    I don't think promoting abstinence warrants having your reputation slandered.
    Yes, it is. Yes, when you're obviously doing it to keep up the family profile and help your mother get back on the Presidential ticket in 2012. Earlier this year, she told the press that she didn't believe in abstinence and thought that asking teens to abstain from sex is unrealistic. Lo, a couple of months later and she's suddenly the spokeswoman for it? And she's saying that it's the only way to prevent teen pregnancy? That type of misinformation angers me to no end, and more so because I know that she and her family name have a margin of influence. I'm glad someone's making fun of her. Someone should.
    Movie Theater Diary

Triumph was awesome.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Triumph was awesome.
    D'oh. I missed it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Anyone catch Conan last night? Good Adam Sandler interview.

And Jimmy Fallon isn't too bad. He's improving but still makes embarrassing mistakes.

Didn't catch Conan but did see The Daily Show last night. Great interview with Brian Williams, as usual.

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast