Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Night TV Discussion Thread

Conan, this is fucking amazing.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Jimmy Fallon's pretty classy. Awesome opening transition.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

i can't imagine a better way to end the tonight show. up through hanks i was thinking it wasn't as good as the other shows this week. but neil, conan's heartfelt speech and then that fucking ending bit with ferrell. unbelievable.

I'm gonna replay that ending over and over on Hulu. It was just mindblowingly awesome.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I'm gonna replay that ending over and over on Hulu. It was just mindblowingly awesome.
    about halfway through i noticed the giant american flag in the background. so rock and roll.

Wait, what am I saying? I taped it.
    Movie Theater Diary

OH SHIT.

Tom Hanks' walk-on song was Beatles' "Lovely Rita." It costs $500,000. NBC edited it out for you West Coast folks.

Man, that's a brilliantly sneaky fuck you with a nice sentiment behind it (Hanks' wife's name is Rita).
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    OH SHIT.

Tom Hanks' walk-on song was Beatles' "Lovely Rita." It costs $500,000. NBC edited it out for you West Coast folks.

Man, that's a brilliantly sneaky fuck you with a nice sentiment behind it (Hanks' wife's name is Rita).
    I'm in LA, and I heard it just fine, and I thought it was a classy (and expensive) way to introduce Hanks.

Long may you run, Conezone

Conan's last moments really choked me up.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Brilliant final episode. Conan's speech was amazing, as was Will Farrell, Conan, Beck and the dude from ZZ Top jaming out to Free Bird (plus COWBELL MOMENT FTW!!!). Previously Steve Carroll was quite funny, Tom Hanks rocked, and of course you had the fantastic and hilariously bittersweet clips montage, plus Neil Goddamn Young showing he's still go it. Gotta love that Conan took the high road and thanked NBC for being on their network for years. Wow. Hell of a way to end his run on the Tonight Show, and of course I taped it all.

number8 I agree with Jimmy Fallon's toast to Conan, which was both great and very funny. Nice.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

A fine send-off for Conan, in non-fine conditions. Here's hoping he'll be back in 8 months somewhere.

Sad to see Dave is in reruns this week. Was hoping for another few days of good Leno- and NBC- bashing in the aftermath of all this.

Wahoo, Silversun Pickups on Jimmy Kimmel.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Wow, I didn't bother watching the Jay Leno/Oprah interview (for obvious reasons), but apparently it was more interesting than I could've imagined:

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/01/28...oprah-winfrey/
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Wow, I didn't bother watching the Jay Leno/Oprah interview (for obvious reasons), but apparently it was more interesting than I could've imagined:

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/01/28...oprah-winfrey/
    Makes me want to watch Oprah. Was not expecting that.

You know, when people say Conan was at fault for the mess for bringing in low ratings when Jay was bringing in high numbers, I can forgive them because they obviously just didn't understand the way lead-ins and primetime fatigue work.

But for Jay to say it too? How many years have you worked on television, you chinfucked idiot?
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Anyone think there's a chance Leno's ratings will go down when he returns, and that they'll have to get another host by 2012 or so?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Anyone think there's a chance Leno's ratings will go down when he returns, and that they'll have to get another host by 2012 or so?
    No. Maybe at first the ratings will be down, but his core audience is older, and they don't care about Conan. Plus, we as a culture forget quickly. Especially if Conan doesn't get a new show until Fall of '10 or the beginning of '11.

Just to add insult to injury, here are some images of Conan's striked (struck? stricken?) Tonight Show set.

http://aaronbleyaert.tumblr.com/post...w-studio-as-of
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

For those on Twitter, Craig Ferguson has joined the fray.

He is listed as @craigyferg.

Best Boy
    Kevin Eubanks is leaving Leno.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...-tonight-show/

Abandon ship! God, I pray that Leno's Tonight Show 2.0 bombs hard. I heard even Conan's re-reruns beat Leno's current show in ratings the other week. It seems his popularity is slipping after this whole mess.

NBC just started a new ad campaign letting people know that they have primetime shows again.

"Save 10:00 for us!"

I find this so desperate that it's absolutely hysterical. :lol:
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast