Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

I kind of liked the SE episode, if only because it was a great refresher since that episode was aired months ago.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I totally forgot about the new season of Lost! What a nice suprise, can't wait to see the first episode.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I kind of liked the SE episode, if only because it was a great refresher since that episode was aired months ago.
    Need a refresher but didn't have time for the two hour recap? Here's everything you need to know about LOST in 8 minutes, 15 seconds

Quote Quoting Russ (view post)
    Need a refresher but didn't have time for the two hour recap? Here's everything you need to know about LOST in 8 minutes, 15 seconds
    Heh I've seen that video a couple of times. Its great.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

YES. YEEESSSS.

Man, I was so happy it's back I nearly cried. First ep ruled.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    That was a really good episode. Very impressed.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Definately a great way to start the season. I remember being slightly underwhelmed by the premiere last year, but this time I definately can't say I have any reservations at all.

All of how great it was makes it even harder to accept the fact that it'll all only last 8 episodes.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

I like the BSG-esque mystery.

WHO ARE THE OCEANIC 6?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Loved the premiere. I especially loved how...

[
    ] The new writers are earning their money.

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    Loved the premiere. I especially loved how...

[
    ] The new writers are earning their money.
    My understanding is that the flashbacks are done and now we're going to get flash forwards until the end of the show. At least I think we will.

With this show, who knows?
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

My only concern i they're done with flashbacks is that for the rest of the series (or at least, this season), we'll only get flash-forwards from Jack, Kate, Hurley and 3 other people.
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    My only concern i they're done with flashbacks is that for the rest of the series (or at least, this season), we'll only get flash-forwards from Jack, Kate, Hurley and 3 other people.
    Two points: the Oceani 6 refers to people officially recognized by Oceanic. It doesn't necessarily mean only six people returned. And there will still be plenty of people still on the island.

But it'd be really weird if people on the island flash forward to them still on the island, no?
    Movie Theater Diary

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    I think my information came second hand, from someone who had read an interview with the show's producers.

And now I recall them saying that the flash forwards' usage would be gradual, not completely replacing the flashbacks at least right away. Again though, it's a hazy memory.

I hope they don't completely get rid of the flashbacks. A new character was never official until they got a flashback episode. :lol:

On a slightly different topic, I imagine that the remaining eight scripts for this season are just on hold until the strike is over? So I guess that could mean there's a possibility for a very long season 5?
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

But it'd be really weird if people on the island flash forward to them still on the island, no?
    True. They could have flashbacks.

You're right, it seems:

So is it a constant battle to balance the character stuff versus moving the story forward? Or have you developed a rhythm with that?

“No, the rhythm is completely changed now. There’s a lot of curiosity [about the new season on both sides, from the writers and the fans]. For the first time ever, I really don’t know how the fans and the public at large are going to absorb the new season. I really can’t tell you, because it’s so different.

Caldwell “It’s not a different show, but the whole paradigm of the show [has changed]. Every week it was like, ‘Here’s a conflict on the island and here’s something about this character that helps explain why they’re acting this way or what’s motivating them.’ It was more emotional -- [the flashbacks] were never plotty. The flashback stories always were, Carlton likes to say, these little New Yorker short stories. They had a beginning, a middle and an end. ‘This is the time that Kate got caught in Australia, this is the time that Sawyer decided to stop conning, this is the time that Locke went on walkabout, this is the time that Jack ratted out his dad.’

“Now, when you talk about doing flash-forwards on the show, the paradigm shifts entirely, because you’re showing the audience A, which is, they’re on the island, and you’re showing them Z, which is, they’re off the island. But the audience doesn’t know B through Y.

“So when you watch the flash-forwards, there’s an emotional component, but you’re also completely engaged on a plot level, because you’re like, ‘How did they get here?’ Every little sentence they say is a clue to what B through Y may be. You have to watch the show in an entirely different fashion.

“I think it’s great, and exciting for us as writers, because we were so sick of writing flashback stories. So we’ve changed the paradigm of the show, but in doing so, it’s a fairly new world in terms of how it’s going to be watched. My fundamental thinking is, half the people are going to think it’s great, and half the people are going to say, ‘This is not the “Lost” that I know and love, and I want it to go back to being the way that it was.’ And of course those will be the same people who were kvetching about the flashbacks being boring.”

So you said something interesting at Comic-Con last summer [more on that here], that flashbacks are going the way of the dodo. Are they gone?

“No, they’re not.”

Will it be a gradual transition to more flash-forwards?

“I don’t really want to say. I feel like, what the new rules are that the show plays by – [figuring that out] is going to be part of the fun of the new season. All I’ll say is, we’re done telling flashback stories that are not relevant to the uber-story of the island.”
    Movie Theater Diary

I had my suspicion while watching the sode, but this freeze frame confirms it. Jacob's identity:

[]
    Movie Theater Diary

I had my suspicion while watching the sode, but this freeze frame confirms it. Jacob's identity:

[]
    [
    ]

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    [
    ]
    You just blew my mind.
    Movie Theater Diary

Hee hee:

LOST star TERRY O'QUINN boards aeroplanes with caution - because fellow airline passengers worry when they spot him on their flight. The actor is often recognised as healed paraplegic John Locke, the character he plays in the hit TV series about survivors of a plane crash - but he tempers any unease by cracking jokes to anxious travellers. He says, "It's funny - they say, 'Are we going down?' And I say, 'We might crash, but we'll be okay, I'll take care of you.' It's always light-hearted; no one's freaked out at me."
    Movie Theater Diary

Fantastic first episode. Can't wait to see more. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

[]
    Yep, the last episode of Lost' Missing Pieces also hints to that.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/So_It_Begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9M0FTWACU

But who was the other guy in the room with Jacob. Here's a screencap:

[]

Also did you catch this at the beginning of the ep:

[
    ]

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Fantastic first episode. Can't wait to see more. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Yep, the last episode of Lost' Missing Pieces also hints to that.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/So_It_Begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9M0FTWACU

But who was the other guy in the room with Jacob. Here's a screencap:

[]
    [
    ]

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar

[
    ]
    [
    ]
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

[
    ]
    Interesting. It still confuses me a bit, but I have hope that we'll get more new information about Jacob this season.

I just read that the next episode, "Confirmed Dead" was written by Drew Goddard & Brian K. Vaughan and directed by Stephen Williams.

BKV wrote one of the best eps last season.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast