Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 25 "Meh"est Things Ever: A Short List That You Can Look At Or Not

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I'm outta rep. I'll try to get ya for #22.
    don't worry, i gotcha covered.

I've been meaning to see "Godfather Part III" but I just haven't gotten around to it. Did the movie even have a chance of living up to the pure brilliance of the first two? Probably not.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I've been meaning to see "Godfather Part III" but I just haven't gotten around to it. Did the movie even have a chance of living up to the pure brilliance of the first two? Probably not.
    I think that was part of its problem. The first two Godfather movies had set the standards so high that there was no way Part III could live up. The other part of the problem is that Sofia Coppola is much better behind the camera than she is in front of it.

But it's balanced out by a good performance by Pacino as an aging Godfather.

This Picture:

At first glance it almost looks interesting. But the more you look at the more you realize that there really isn't much going on. What is the point of the lens over the cloud? It doesn't seem to be magnifying it or altering it in any way. Or maybe it is, and I just can't tell. Still, it is a pretty day outside. Overall - just a big "Meh".

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    I feel bad about agreeing or disagreeing with anything in this thread. Such definitive emotion seems to go against the entire purpose.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

This is great.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting rocus (view post)

This Picture:
    This post (not the picture) is the best thing I've seen all day. Even better than Raiders and Winston*'s handiwork.

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    I feel bad about agreeing or disagreeing with anything in this thread. Such definitive emotion seems to go against the entire purpose.
    You could just agree to disagree. Or not. Whatever. :|

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    This post (not the picture) is the best thing I've seen all day. Even better than Raiders and Winston*'s handiwork.
    Thanks.

Tuesday

Everyone agrees that Mondays suck. Any day that you can get a "case of" is just terrible. Wednesday is hump day (pretty much the best nickname of a day ever). Thursday is almost the weekend, as well as the official day to list what you are watching for the weekend. TGIF is an expression even atheists can get behind. And nobody needs to remind you of the greatness of Saturday and Sunday (especially during football season). But Tuesday isn't anything great. It isn't anything bad. It just is.

Thursday is almost the weekend, as well as the official day to list what you are watching for the weekend.
    As I was reading, I was thinking "what the hell can he come up with that makes Thursday non-meh?" "Almost the weekend" didn't cut it (even though it actually is my last day of work every week), but that sure did. :twisted:

Wicked sweet awesome.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    As I was reading, I was thinking "what the hell can he come up with that makes Thursday non-meh?" "Almost the weekend" didn't cut it (even though it actually is my last day of work every week), but that sure did. :twisted:

Wicked sweet awesome.
    Always know your audience. I was going to put Tuesday and Thursday, but that felt like a cop-out. Then I remembered the joy of posting a list of movies that have little chance of actually being watched.

I've come to find out that I tend to hate Tuesdays more then Mondays.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Tuesday

Everyone agrees that Mondays suck. Any day that you can get a "case of" is just terrible. Wednesday is hump day (pretty much the best nickname of a day ever). Thursday is almost the weekend, as well as the official day to list what you are watching for the weekend. TGIF is an expression even atheists can get behind. And nobody needs to remind you of the greatness of Saturday and Sunday (especially during football season). But Tuesday isn't anything great. It isn't anything bad. It just is.
    This gets rep. Great.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The post about Tuesday reminds me of when Kramer and Newman had that debate about which days "Have a feel" with Jerry arguing that they were being stupid. Heh. I think that Tuesday may actually be the second worst day of the week. Monday and Tuesday are like a weekend of suck and meh, the opposite of Saturday and Sunday.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

[CENTER]This Picture:
    That picture's reeeally depressing in its mehness. I really reacted strongly to it. I wouldn't be just saying this if it wasn't true, and I wouldn't have posted.

Great pick!
    The Act of Killing (Oppenheimer 13) - A
    Stranger by the Lake (Giraudie 12) - B
    American Hustle (Russell 13) - C+
    The Wolf of Wall Street (Scorsese 13) - C+
    Passion (De Palma 12) - B

Vanilla Wafers

Vanilla wafers are a good addition to several dishes, in fact banana pudding probably wouldn't be the same without them. However, to just sit down and eat a bunch of vanilla wafers? No thank you. There are so many better cookies out there in the world. Why waste time with these? Now don't get me wrong, if someone is eating them and I'll probably grab a few to pass the time. That said, I don't think anyone goes through the house screaming, "Who the hell ate all of the vanilla wafers?!"

Vanilla... meh... what's the difference? Stop being redundant, rocus!
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Vanilla... meh... what's the difference? Stop being redundant, rocus!
    Exactly! They couldn't even come up with a real name for the cookie.

Imagine how much different life would be if vanilla hadn't somehow been decided on as the default ice cream flavor.

Seriously, though. Vanilla wafers. Meh.

Well, vanilla is a great basis for ice cream, a good non-flavor to build from. But as a snack entire, it is weak. The only thing I eat/drink that is plain vanilla is a milkshake, but even then bring on the strawberry or cookies n' cream.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

Vanilla wafers and your garden-variety vanilla ice cream are indeed quite bland. But I can't speak highly enough of a great bowl of vanilla bean ice cream.

Vanilla ice cream rocks, yo.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Heaven is a lot of things to a lot of people. To me, it's a vanilla milkshake on a lazy summer Saturday afternoon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast