Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Google/Android Discussion Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    What is that?
    Cloud store all of your music on google. http://music.google.com/music

It's currently uploading 22k songs! Organizing them by artist, and attaching album covers.... problem right now is it's painfully slow. I started uploading at 7pm and it's only uploaded 346 songs.

It also comes with an Android app. Streams AMAZING so far.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

2500 of 20,000 songs uploaded....

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

8000 uploaded

ALso got my Gingerbread rollout to my DroidX this morning. Yay.

Screw Google Music. I'm excited for Google Wallet.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

got my google music invite

sweet

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    got my google music invite

sweet

I want my invite so bad...

I streaming my collection from my phone to and from work yesterday. A grand total of 102 miles of uninterrupted - perfectly quality music. Impressive.

must be my lucky week

Be the first to get a Chromebook.
    Since we announced the Chrome Notebook Pilot Program back in December, we’ve been humbled by the amount of interest that we’ve received from users like you.

We’re excited about the brand-new Samsung Chromebook that goes on sale on June 15. Fortunately, we’ve managed to get our hands on a few machines a little earlier, and we’d like to make these available to you, our biggest enthusiasts.

When you buy your Chromebook, you’ll also be getting a limited edition, custom-fit Chrome sleeve designed by Rickshaw so you can carry your new Chromebook in style.

Our good friends over at Gilt, the premier invitation-only shopping site, have agreed to put these Chromebooks up for sale -- but only for a very limited time.

Click here to join the sale on Wednesday, June 1 at 9:00 am PT / 12:00 pm ET.

*Remember, you mu

10812 uploaded

14,000!!!!!!

Google is phasing out support for older browsers from 1 August.

Those using IE7, Safari 3, Firefox 3.5 and their predecessors to view Gmail, Google Calendar, Talk, Docs and Sites will then lose some functions.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

You like that?

Director
    Got an invite to Google Music. Not convinced it be all that useful but at least it gives me a reason to clean up a pretty bloated library.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    You like that?
    What's not to like?

If you've ever designed and managed a website, there is nobody you want to kill more in this world than people who use outdated browsers.

Google and Facebook, as the two most used websites in the world, have a responsibility to cleanse these people.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    What's not to like?

If you've ever designed and managed a website, there is nobody you want to kill more in this world than people who use outdated browsers.

Google and Facebook, as the two most used websites in the world, have a responsibility to cleanse these people.
    Good point. +1 for Google- as usual

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    I love you Google.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Good on Google. I occasionally run into the occasional sod complaining of something I built acting wonky for them, only to find out they're still on IE6.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    It's really difficult though. After six attempts, this is all I could manage:

http://goo.gl/doodle/hRVH
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

I thought this Metallica one was pretty good.

http://www.google.com/webhp?tune=YAF...GOOSI6EIjjghPA

The Billie Jean one making the youtube rounds doesn't sound like Billie Jean to me.

Picked up the new Samsung Galaxy Tab on Friday, brought it home, turned it on... fun.

Oh wait... there's absolutely NO APPS for it. No Netflix, No WSJ, barely any books in the Google store, the Kindle app is pretty nice. Same as the one on the phone though...

so what's the point?

Returning it tomorrow.

Indeed. State-of-the-art hardware means absolutely nothing to you because you can't do much with it without a matching ecosystem.

That's why I'd never get a tablet that tries to compete with Apple.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Oh wait... there's absolutely NO APPS for it. No Netflix, No WSJ, barely any books in the Google store, the Kindle app is pretty nice. Same as the one on the phone though...
    Unfortunate chicken-and-egg problem with the platform right now, from what I understand.

No apps, low sales. Low sales, no developers. Which means ... no apps.

It's sad, because I really don't want to get an iPad, but to get a tablet that does everything I want it to do right now, I have to get an iPad.

The HP Touchpad comes out in two weeks, and as an employee, I wanted to be supportive, but there's still no confirmation of a Netflix app for WebOS 3.0.

It's all about Apps for me.

I want a tablet that can

* Stream Netflix
    * Act as an e-reader
    * Play music
    * Check email
    * Browse
    * Store and organize PDFs.

Everything else is gravy. Every other tablet I've looked at has ALL of these features - except Netflix. That's a deal breaker. Why get a tablet, no matter how good it is, if there are no applications that support what you want it for?

It's kind of ironic. I Never owned or bought a Mac because despite the hardware quality, the applications available weren't what I wanted (gaming).

In the tablet realm, Apple seems to be the only one who currently HAS the apps I want.

Ah well. Decisions, decisions.

Director
    What's your objection to the iPad? You note the quality of Apple hardware, the fact that it can do everything you want in a tablet, and it has a leading price point in the sector.

Is it just wanting a different tablet?

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast