Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: The Google/Android Discussion Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    This starts shipping in July. I may grab one for myself and my father.

I can buy biscuit dough right now.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Question for you's guys - my wife is thinking of switching from an iPhone to an Android. Her biggest selling point is the camera. Do any of you have any feelings as to which Android phone has the best camera capabilities?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

You cannot go wrong with Pixel or Samsung Galaxy. I prefer the former, since it is completely devoid of bloat. (unless you consider Gmail, youtube, maps, hangouts bloat)

Love my Pixel. Will likely get the Pixel 3 this fall. I've owned 3 Samsung phones. the Galaxy Nexus, S2 and S5. They were all decent. S5 was waterproof which was neat. But that was about all that was really great about it.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Pixel 2 still has the best phone camera, can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Google is doing their keynote thing now.. lots of boring shit but the most interesting piece is Google Stadia launches Nov. 19 for those who pre-order the Founder’s Edition

Hey, is there anyone on this board who has a Google Pixel 4L/4XL who can speak to its battery life? The one review I read dinged it for being short, but didn't get into details on just how short.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Not the 4 series particularly but I've owned the first gen and Pixel 3 series and have had no issues with the battery.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention to shit lately... but i just learned that Google Music will stop working in December.

So my entire collection will be unusable unless I transfer it to Youtube music?

Further, Google will shut down their store entirely. So they won't even have a place to buy music, like iTunes.

This is a major issue for me, and i'm unsure what to do.

WHAT?? Dammit. Thats where I uploaded all my music to.

There's a few websites that will transfer playlists from one service to another if you go to Spotify or Apple Music.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I have Apple music, which I like, except for iTunes on Windows, which is the biggest piece of shit in existence (non-human category)
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    I have Apple music, which I like, except for iTunes on Windows, which is the biggest piece of shit in existence (non-human category)
    Yeah no joke. I have it and almost never use it...but I may have to transfer so I can stream my digital collection mobile.

I was able to transfer my podcast over to their new thing pretty easy. Got this email:

Quote Quoting google
    ...Google Podcasts Manager is replacing Google Play Music Podcast Portal as the new home for understanding your podcast listeners on Google. Starting in the next few weeks, you’ll no longer be able to add new podcast shows through Podcast Portal. Later this year, access to Google Play Music Podcast Portal will be removed permanently.

As context, YouTube Music is replacing Google Play Music later this year. With this transition, we’re encouraging podcast listeners to transfer their subscriptions and episode progress to Google Podcasts, our dedicated podcast player available for free on Android, iOS and web.
    Just a heads up for anyone else having to mess with this stuff. I was able to do it with about two button clicks via the email.

I was able to transfer my entire uploaded collection to youtube music with a couple button clicks as well. Whew.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I was able to transfer my entire uploaded collection to youtube music with a couple button clicks as well. Whew.
    I'll need to figure that out. Or I'll just manually do it if I feel like it. I'm not sure a lot of the music I got for free is worth keeping or not.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Ah shit.

Google to end free cloud photo storage in June, 2021.

They're ending their "free shit to hook you" phase. Let's see how much it backfires...

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Ah shit.

Google to end free cloud photo storage in June, 2021.
    *que Irish coming to tell me I'm silly because physical media stuff*

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    They're ending their "free shit to hook you" phase. Let's see how much it backfires...
    They've been offering free storage since 2012. I doubt that 8 year lead time was just to hook people.

They realized that it wasn't sustainable.

I've started putting all my pics on USB drives.

Waiting for the day when computers won't have USB drives, lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

Well, they are cheap and convenient, so... Apple should be killing them pretty soon.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

I was relying on Google Photos because I stopped doing this. 1) it's a pain and 2) I really want my pictures anywhere I want them. Google Photos even has a search option to look through photos where you can look for "bonfire" and it will show you all your pics with bonfires. I can't comprehend the level of software needed to make that happen.

Plus the Google Face match option is super slick. If you're looking for a specific photo of someone, you can just bring all the face matches of that person in 1 click.

If there's any subscription fee worth it, it's going to be Google Photos.

I can't imagine how many photos my wife and I have from just 5 years together. What's it going look like when it's 20 or 30?

"Hun remember that one time we took a walk down by the lake?"

*search lake*

*5 seconds later*

"oh here it is"

The absolute last thing people want to do is look through a photo album, let alone, dig through the basement of an USB drive, hook it up to a computer, and huddle around looking for that photo you are looking for. GTFO with that old school line of thinking.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast