Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Google/Android Discussion Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Also, did anyone get a beta invite for Google Music?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Can we rename this thread to:

The Google Thread (or, the I Hate Steve Jobs and Apple Thread)

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Man, Chrome really sucks for FaceBook.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Man, Chrome really sucks for FaceBook.
    I should really take a video of how seamlessly my internet browsing and multitasking has INCREASED due to Chrome and why it's IMPOSSIBLE to replicate in any other browser known to man.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I should really take a video of how seamlessly my internet browsing and multitasking has INCREASED due to Chrome and why it's IMPOSSIBLE to replicate in any other browser known to man.

My experience with Chrome so far has proven that Opera is better.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    On a scale of one to ten, how proud would you say you are that Chrome hasn't been working for you? Because I'm going to guess about a 8 or 9.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    On a scale of one to ten, how proud would you say you are that Chrome hasn't been working for you? Because I'm going to guess about a 8 or 9.
    I don't understand this question. What does pride have to do with it?

It's working now, it's just pretty slow. And FaceBook really doesn't work too well on it.

I just don't see this revolutionary, seamless internet experience that Duke's raving about.

Heh. Just a joke. It seemed like from how outspoken he's been about his troubles with Chrome and deeming it such a terrible piece of software... I don't know, he just seems to like being able to say it.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Heh. Just a joke. It seemed like from how outspoken he's been about his troubles with Chrome and deeming it such a terrible piece of software... I don't know, he just seems to like being able to say it.

It's not terrible. At least it works for me now (though I had to install a new OS to do so).

It's working now, it's just pretty slow. And FaceBook really doesn't work too well on it.

I just don't see this revolutionary, seamless internet experience that Duke's raving about.
    Everyone browses the internet differently. For example, in FF and Opera you can't create a tab directly next to another tab. In Chrome, the option is right at the top of the drop down list. (making it easy and FAST to get to) You can sync your bookmarks, apps, themes, passwords, with your gmail account. The apps are integrated right into the browser as time icons which you can turn on/off with quick shortcuts. The freakin APP STORE which is the best improvement over the last few weeks. Clicking a new tab brings up the last used sites you've visited, giving you easy access to recently closed sites as well as teh app store.

You might need a dual core CPU to take full advantage of chrome.

I definitely love that when you close a tab, you can go into the history and reopen it immediately, and it actually preserves the whole history of that tab. That's a good feature.

Opera does that too.

And I like Opera's bookmarks feature better.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Everyone browses the internet differently. For example, in FF and Opera you can't create a tab directly next to another tab. In Chrome, the option is right at the top of the drop down list. (making it easy and FAST to get to) You can sync your bookmarks, apps, themes, passwords, with your gmail account. The apps are integrated right into the browser as time icons which you can turn on/off with quick shortcuts. The freakin APP STORE which is the best improvement over the last few weeks. Clicking a new tab brings up the last used sites you've visited, giving you easy access to recently closed sites as well as teh app store.

You might need a dual core CPU to take full advantage of chrome.

WELL WHY DON'T YOU JUST MARRY IT THEN???

I, Dukefrukem, Take Google Chrome...

There is zero problems with Facebook on Chrome.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Can't say I really notice facebook problems on any browser for that matter.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar

If that's the case then it's still not working correctly on your computer because it should be loads faster and Facebook should be working fine.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Yep. The only issue I have with Chrome is that it doesn't recognize all of the gestures on my Mac's touch pad. Otherwise, every site works flawlessly.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Yep. The only issue I have with Chrome is that it doesn't recognize all of the gestures on my Mac's touch pad. Otherwise, every site works flawlessly.
    Do you use BetterTouchTool? You're missing out if you don't.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Do you use BetterTouchTool? You're missing out if you don't.
    No, is that an app for Chrome? The only thing that Chrome won't recognize is the three finger movement that brings you to the top or bottom of a page, which helps with Match Cut for returning to the main forum page.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    No, is that an app for Chrome? The only thing that Chrome won't recognize is the three finger movement that brings you to the top or bottom of a page, which helps with Match Cut for returning to the main forum page.
    No, it's a free Mac program that allows you to assign any action on any program to any custom finger gesture you want.

The only downside is it fucks me up when I use someone else's Mac, because I have to readjust to the default finger movements, heh.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I've been using Google chrome since it came out and the only website I use that doesn't work correctly still is discount comic book service. It loads correctly but when you scroll down it cut off the bottom half of each page. I have to open internet explorer for that one.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Man, the Internet is serious business.

Man, the Internet is serious business.
    just like LinkedIns IPO today... Wow!

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast