Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The Google/Android Discussion Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Yeah, Google isn't making a single cent on the Nexus 7. If I could, I'd buy one this instant. Looks like I'm gonna have to get someone to buy one and bring it from the US for me.
    Yeh they're making all the money off the content. Just like Amazon.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

can't wait to get my hands on a nexus 7

Hmm, looks like the $199 (160€) 8GB version will be available for 200€ in physical stores in Great Britain. That's still a steal and perhaps my safest bet at getting one for a decent price.

Director
    Chrome for iOS will be available today.

https://twitter.com/CNETNews/status/...234306/photo/1

Android 4.1 will not have Flash support, so Adobe is officially discontinuing development of Flash for mobile.

DIE DIE DIE.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Chrome for iOS will be available today.

https://twitter.com/CNETNews/status/...234306/photo/1
    Downloaded it. Pretty awesome. Much better than Safari and Opera.

The coolest thing is that it shows a live update of what tabs I have open on Chrome at my work PC and my Macbook at home. That's so neat.

Also there's something to be said about a mobile browser that already has all my login info for every website right after you download it.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Downloaded it. Pretty awesome. Much better than Safari and Opera.

The coolest thing is that it shows a live update of what tabs I have open on Chrome at my work PC and my Macbook at home. That's so neat.

Also there's something to be said about a mobile browser that already has all my login info for every website right after you download it.
    Point 1, I love as well.

Point 2, I disabled. I am skeptical this information is secure enough. I had it enabled for a long time, and then I decided to wipe it clean and do it manually. I might bring it back...

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Sucks that you can't set it as the default browser. Freakin' iOS.
    Movie Theater Diary

Android 4.1 will not have Flash support, so Adobe is officially discontinuing development of Flash for mobile.

DIE DIE DIE.
    They said as much themselves a while back.

Director
    Sucks that you can't set it as the default browser. Freakin' iOS.
    If you jailbreak, there's a free app in Cydia called BrowserChanger that lets you (obviously) modify the default browser. Pretty handy.

https://fiber.google.com/plans/residential/

Google Fiber is finally launching.

1GB/s internet is $70/month.

5MB/s internet is FREE.

Fuck you, Kansas City.
    Movie Theater Diary

Their TV plan is fucking crazy. They give you a free Nexus 7 to use as the remote control for the set-top box. What the fuck.
    Movie Theater Diary

Director
    And I was just kicking the idea of paying $40 more per month to bump from 50Mb to 100Mb. I'm depressed now.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Wow. When are they expanding?
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I'd be excited if I didn't live in Freeland fucking Michigan. :sad:

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Posting this from my Nexus 7. It's freakin awesome.

Weird seeing this on the homepage.

[youtube]30Pjl31cyDY[/youtube]

Google Street View now include the ocean. As in underwater.
    Movie Theater Diary

What do you mean? I tried dragging the little man into the ocean but i couldn't find anything.

They don't have it on every ocean... yet. Just some famous coasts like Australia and such. When you go to a place that has it and you drag the little guy over the sea, you'll see an orange dot appear. Drop the guy there and it'll go into underwater mode.

Here, try Hawaii:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=oahu&...98ahu&t=m&z=18
    Movie Theater Diary

Thanks. Yeh they need to make that orange dot bigger.

I tried to dive to the Titanic, but they don't have it on the bottom, which would have been AWESOME.

Get James Cameron on the phone!
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast