Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Google/Android Discussion Thread

can recall his past lives origami_mustache's Avatar
    Firefox 4 is a lot faster and sleeker than the old version. Seems like they tried to borrow some things from google, but I still prefer Chrome.
    In Front of Your Face (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    Introduction (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    True Mothers (Naomi Kawase, 2020) - 8
    Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy - (Ryusuke Hamaguchi, 2021) - 7
    Wife of a Spy (Kiyoshi Kurosawa, 2020) - 7
    The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion, 2021) - 9
    Don't Look Up - (Adam McKay, 2021) - 4
    The Matrix Resurrections (Lana Wachowski, 2021) - 4.5
    Benedetta (Paul Verhoeven, 2021) - 7

mubi

Director
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I think your underestimating this. Think of people who want to use a tablet for web browsing, but still want that tactical keyboard built in. They're out there.
    That still seems like a netbook to me though, with Chrome and without local storage. Eh.

It's seriously weird to see complaints... Chrome has worked like a charm on every bucket of bolts I installed it on. Even on my Atom N270 netbook downclocked to 800MHz it works like a charm. Also, it does close processes, eternity. It just has separate ones for every tab, but also every extension and plugin. You guys must have some weird setups.

Sure doesn't work for me.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting origami_mustache (view post)
    Firefox 4 is a lot faster and sleeker than the old version. Seems like they tried to borrow some things from google, but I still prefer Chrome.
    I don't consider Firefox 4 an improvement. It's more like a bug fix for the pile of shit that was Firefox 3. Yeah, it finally stopped being bloatware that doesn't work, but what's the point anymore. I'd rather use Chrome.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    I've been using Chrome for a couple of months now. I feel like I'm back in the 90s again! It's an awesome little program.

I only have two issues with it. Can't find an auto-refresh plugin and copy and paste highlights things oddly. Also, Netflix doesn't work that great with it. I use it both on Linux and Windows XP.

Opera is still OK. Firefox is awful at the moment - I'd rather use IE than super bloated Firefox that needs to be killed every 24 hours.
    Weird. All those things work perfectly for me.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Just tried to download and use Chrome again for shits n giggles.

It officially does not work on my computer.

Downloaded, opened it. Nothing worked, like the first time I used it. Just had a big navy blue screen that said "Something went wrong. To learn more, click here" and when I clicked it, it just opened another navy blue window that said the same thing.

Then my computer froze and restarted automatically.

And now I cannot even open the program.

Yeah, I'll stick with Opera thank you very much.
    You don't download anything. It installs directly from the web. Check your connection or blocked popups, firewall etc.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting eternity (view post)
    Every new tab in Chrome creates a new process that doesn't close when you close the tab, meaning that I have to keep task manager up constantly to make sure Chrome doesn't slow my computer down to a crawl. Counter-productive considering Chrome is supposed to be the swift browser.
    It's designed for multi-core processors and the extra processes are actually BETTER for your computer so it can handle the tasks accordingly. Instead of just one processe that eats ALL of your RAM and CPU cycles. There's an option to disable that i believe.

You don't download anything. It installs directly from the web. Check your connection or blocked popups, firewall etc.

Download Google Chrome.

I downloaded the installer, and then used that to install it on my system.

And it doesn't work.

Tried that, Duke, and, le sigh...

Exact same problem.

So you downloaded it?? BUt it doesn't display sites?

Da heck.

So you downloaded it?? BUt it doesn't display sites?

Da heck.

Yes, like I said before.

I tried going to MatchCut, and it showed a quick flash of the page loading, then it went back to that navy blue screen with "Aw, snap!"

In other words, Google Chrome can eat my shorts.

I might know what's wrong.

What version does it say you have?

Wrench in the top right hand corner >> About Google Chrome?

Never really had an issue with Firefox either. Chrome just works faster for me.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I had to do a full system overhaul anyways, so I installed Windows 7 and Chrome.

Chrome works now, though I'm finding it quite slow with downloads and stuff like YouTube.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    OK, so I am giving it a shot and it does seem to work very smoothly, but a huge drawback is that it doesn't seem to have WYSIWYG enabled, at least for vBulletin sites. I hate seeing the bbCode tags.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    OK, so I am giving it a shot and it does seem to work very smoothly, but a huge drawback is that it doesn't seem to have WYSIWYG enabled, at least for vBulletin sites. I hate seeing the bbCode tags.
    Yeah. It works on most sites' editors. I'm not sure what it's problem with vBUlletin is.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Movie Theater Diary

I prefer seeing code when editing.

I'm starting to see the problems megladon8 had seen. Chrome hangs when trying to contact some third party web site that is linked from the site you are trying to connect to - like facebook or some ad site.

I suspect this is a deliberate attack on Google's Chrome by Facebook.

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    I'm starting to see the problems megladon8 had seen. Chrome hangs when trying to contact some third party web site that is linked from the site you are trying to connect to - like facebook or some ad site.

I suspect this is a deliberate attack on Google's Chrome by Facebook.
    Facebook runs seamlessly for me. What version are you running? They made an update recently.

Facebook runs seamlessly for me. What version are you running? They made an update recently.
    No, the problem wasn't with connecting to the Facebook site - it was connecting to some other site that itself connects to Facebook - you can see on the bottom left the site it's trying to connect to and it was hanging on the Facebook connection - so many sites connect to Facebook nowadays it's like a virus. Anyway, I deleted all my Browsing Data and now it works fine - it was probably reading an old Facebook cookie that I now deleted.

The new Print Preview function in Chrome 13 is all different kinds of win.

Ah you're using Beta. I stick with the official release.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast