Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Google/Android Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Gentleman, I present to you: The network effect, in action!

ritch:
    Yep. What's the point of a social network in which there is very little social interaction?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I really like the circles idea, so that I can control who sees what I post rather than Facebook's current system. Otherwise I don't really need another social networking site. One is fine for me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yeah, my interest is pretty much lost at this point.

Director
    Oh. Well then I guess I'm deleting my profile.

You guys are overreacting. There's nothing on these Google profiles except a picture a name and 4 lines of "personal information" that you don't even need to fill out.

Most people use random avatars on their google profile anyway.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    Mark Cuban put pics of his vintage computer poster collection up on Google+. It should be open to the public and it's pretty damn awesome.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10631...9?hl=en&tab=wX

Wait, Google Profile has nothing to do with Google+, does it? It's always been there. If you have a Google Account (Docs, Gmail, Calendar, whatever), you already have a visible Profile page automatically that links the services together, no?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I've already stopped using it. It is, literally, Facebook with a different skin, but without any of my friends. All it has done is further cluttered my gmail inbox with useless notifications.
    No it isn't, it's in a test phase so your friends will eventually get there (mine are pretty much all there already), and you can turn of all those notifications off with a few clicks. But whatever.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    No it isn't, it's in a test phase so your friends will eventually get there (mine are pretty much all there already), and you can turn of all those notifications off with a few clicks. But whatever.
    What's better about it?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    What's better about it?
    It's easier to list what's not better right now: it's not yet open to everyone. That's pretty much it from my viewpoint right now. When you strip away all the superfluous crap from Facebook, you're left with Google+, only with worse coding and without all the security and privacy settings of G+.

- - - - -
    I'm interested in seeing whether people will maintain identities on three separate systems simultaneously, even if for a short time.

Guessing they won't, which is going to be bad for G+ because superficially it's got too many overlapping features with Facebook.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Guessing they won't, which is going to be bad for G+ because superficially it's got too many overlapping features with Facebook.
    Which is what I've been saying.

And I don't understand the privacy issues. It's pretty damn easy to make everything private on facebook too if you want. It's just up to you to do it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    And I don't understand the privacy issues. It's pretty damn easy to make everything private on facebook too if you want. It's just up to you to do it.
    Imagine this: most of my real life friends and family speak South-Slavic languages. Most of my other, online friends don't. Everyone sees everything I post on Facebook. My current style is a strange mix of my native tongue and English and it's always frustrating.

Google+ Circles solves all that with one elegant stroke.

Also, one blogger put it well: "The bad news is - your mom will not join Google+... the good news is - your mom won't join Google+!"

Director
    No more workaround.

The bad thing is --- no one but nerds will join google+

The good thing is --- ?????? Facebook for people that want to be against facebook?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I wouldn't say it's nerds... just people who are seriously tired of games their cousins play on Facebook, polls, "put this in your status" statuses, and other mundane stuff that clutters everyone's Facebook timeline. I'm not saying Google won't add similar things, but so far it looks as if they have other things in mind... things I like.

Whatever. I joined because the interface is better than Facebook and i already use Google services more often than I log into FB, so it's already more convenient to use. Regardless of whether or not I have to choose between te two, I'll probably still have a G+ profile.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

So, have they opened up invites again? If so, can someone send me one? I am seriously looking for an alternative to Facebook, something I'll actually use. I am on google all the time already, so its not like I'll be going out of my way.

I'm finally signed up and will give it a go. Can't say I'll be around long-term, but it's worth exploring. It certainly isn't as if Facebook is the perfect answer to social networking.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    So, have they opened up invites again? If so, can someone send me one? I am seriously looking for an alternative to Facebook, something I'll actually use. I am on google all the time already, so its not like I'll be going out of my way.
    What's your email? I'll send you one.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I'm finally signed up and will give it a go. Can't say I'll be around long-term, but it's worth exploring. It certainly isn't as if Facebook is the perfect answer to social networking.
    What??? It still shows me that same limit exceeded message.

:sad:
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    What??? It still shows me that same limit exceeded message.

:sad:
    I was able to sign up last night. Let me see if I send you an actual invite if you can join.

Sent one to your Verizon email.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast