Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
I was relying on Google Photos because I stopped doing this. 1) it's a pain and 2) I really want my pictures anywhere I want them. Google Photos even has a search option to look through photos where you can look for "bonfire" and it will show you all your pics with bonfires. I can't comprehend the level of software needed to make that happen.

Plus the Google Face match option is super slick. If you're looking for a specific photo of someone, you can just bring all the face matches of that person in 1 click.

If there's any subscription fee worth it, it's going to be Google Photos.

I can't imagine how many photos my wife and I have from just 5 years together. What's it going look like when it's 20 or 30?

"Hun remember that one time we took a walk down by the lake?"

*search lake*

*5 seconds later*

"oh here it is"

The absolute last thing people want to do is look through a photo album, let alone, dig through the basement of an USB drive, hook it up to a computer, and huddle around looking for that photo you are looking for. GTFO with that old school line of thinking.
You're right. As we've seen elsewhere, there is still a fear that those photos can disappear at any moment too.