Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Entourage

Season 4 came out on DVD recently, no?

Need to see it.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Season 4 came out on DVD recently, no?

Need to see it.
    It's their best season yet. More Hollywood politics and less sitcom-y partying is always good.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's their best season yet. More Hollywood politics and less sitcom-y partying is always good.
    Awesome. I really liked season 3.

I like these short seasons - not a huge time commitment.

Season 3 Part 2 was garbage.

Season 5 sounds like it may be along those lines.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Season 3 Part 2 was garbage.

Season 5 sounds like it may be along those lines.
    I wouldn't say it's garbage, but it completely dropped the ball. After having all their projects stilted and firing Ari, Season 3.2 should've really ramped it up with making Vince's career turn indie and Ari's quest to make Vince his again by battling for Medellin. Instead we get episodes of Drama and Turtle chasing tail. It's still funny, but come on, you ended the mid-season with such a great twist and then go back to Season 1 happy-go-lucky? That just doesn't fly.

I'm reading episode plots for Season 5 and it sounds pretty depressing. I like how this show is a riches-to-rags story, which is rare, but yeah, I'm afraid that they'll go 3.2 again. Season 4 was phenomenal, and the ending really set up a number of things. The main problem in Entourage has always been Vince's laid back attitude. He creates the impression that nothing's ever at stake. It's gonna be disappointing that after such a "Oh shit!" season finale, Vince is just going to go "Fuck it, E, it's just a movie" again and they go back to partying. The good thing is that it looks like they're really bankrupt this time, so they can't do the partying al the time anymore.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I wouldn't say it's garbage, but it completely dropped the ball. After having all their projects stilted and firing Ari, Season 3.2 should've really ramped it up with making Vince's career turn indie and Ari's quest to make Vince his again by battling for Medellin. Instead we get episodes of Drama and Turtle chasing tail. It's still funny, but come on, you ended the mid-season with such a great twist and then go back to Season 1 happy-go-lucky? That just doesn't fly.

I'm reading episode plots for Season 5 and it sounds pretty depressing. I like how this show is a riches-to-rags story, which is rare, but yeah, I'm afraid that they'll go 3.2 again. Season 4 was phenomenal, and the ending really set up a number of things. The main problem in Entourage has always been Vince's laid back attitude. He creates the impression that nothing's ever at stake. It's gonna be disappointing that after such a "Oh shit!" season finale, Vince is just going to go "Fuck it, E, it's just a movie" again and they go back to partying. The good thing is that it looks like they're really bankrupt this time, so they can't do the partying al the time anymore.
    The worst thing about the show is that it's starting to become too predictable because Vince's laidback attitude is there for a reason. Everything DOES work out in the end.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8
    The main problem in Entourage has always been Vince's laid back attitude. He creates the impression that nothing's ever at stake.
    Yeah with that the series gets predictable at times. But I wouldn't be surprised if his laid back attitude comes back to bite him in the ass sometime in the series, hell, maybe even this season if the plot synopses are that depressing.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

WOW.

Just finished Season 4.

Did NOT see that coming. Tommorrow should be VERY interesting.

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Did anyone check out the first episode? I thought it was pretty good. Glad to see the gang back again.

http://vikingquestgame.com

I liked it too. It's nice to have the show back.

As did I.

The episode starting with a Roeper and Scott review was pretty cool.

"This is the silliest thing to come out of South America since the musical Evita." :lol:

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    As did I.

The episode starting with a Roeper and Scott review was pretty cool.

"This is the silliest thing to come out of South America since the musical Evita." :lol:
    That was Michael Phillips, not A.O. Scott.
    Movie Theater Diary

The convo between Ari and Vince last night was awesome. This show really "gets" Hollywood like no other. I love how Ari is honest with Vince to tell him that his acting sucks.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeah, that was another great episode. I like how Vince has grown and that he actually wants to work to get his career going again. It's good to see him more serious and actually giving a shit about his career now.

I have my doubts on those two guys that E wants to represent though. That one guy really felt like a Billy Walsh character.

Loved all the Ari scenes ofcourse and that "speedballing fairydust" line was perfect.

Also, more Carla Gugino never hurt anything. :P

I'm curious about if/how Medellin affected Billy Walsh, considering how directors care mightily about how their work is perceived.

But yeah, this last episode was great. I thought the ending was hilarious.

[
    ]

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I am a zombie, because the stripper cops last night just absolutely killed me.
    Movie Theater Diary

I am a zombie, because the stripper cops last night just absolutely killed me.
    Just watched the latest episode and damn that scene was hilarious.

It will be over soon Ari, just close your eyes and think of pussy!

Drama was fantastic in this episode as well. The ending killed me.

Overall just another awesome episode.

I'm wondering if the bitchslap Ari gave Davies will come back to haunt him later.

I know it never has anything to do with the rest of the show, but I love it whenever Ari freaks out about his wife or kids. The last time he was that awesome was when he was trying to get his kid into that fancy school.
    Movie Theater Diary

Haha, you're right. He also sent that young actor that his daughter was obsessed with to make some movie in Kazakhstan.

Damn.

[
    ]

Smokin' hot though.

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Someone on Entourage staff must be a LOTR fan. Ngila Dickson and Andrew Lesnie as costume and DP, respectively.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

That's fan made. A bad one too.

Screenplay by Giovanni Haas?
    Movie Theater Diary

What a hilarious tag line.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I always wonder if Adrian Grenier ever walks into a movie meeting and some studio head accidentally calls him Vincent Chase. I say this because the dude has no career outside of Entourage.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast