Thread: 30 Rock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

30 Rock

It's pretty much the only show I watch. People here don't seem too keen on it.
    Wishful thinking, perhaps; but that is just another possible definition of the featherless biped.

I've grown tired of it. It's really not as funny as it used to be. I only really laughed once at the last episode, and that was for Al Gore's last line.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    David Schwimmer had a couple lines that I thought were funny, but overall I agree with 8. It's just not what it was last season. It lost something along the way.

See, I thought this week's episode was one of the best. I laughed way harder at this than I did at The Office.
    Wishful thinking, perhaps; but that is just another possible definition of the featherless biped.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Duncan (view post)
    See, I thought this week's episode was one of the best. I laughed way harder at this than I did at The Office.
    The Office has had a disappointing season as well. I thought once they went back to 30 minutes it would get better, but thus far it's been even worse.

Oh, and I thought the whale line was lame too. The only thing I found funny were a couple lines by Schwimmer.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I am a big fan of the first season of 30 Rock, but what I could tell has been the biggest problem with this new season is how little we see of the other characters, the non named ones such as Josh and Toofer. Characters whom were able to keep little things funny and yet for some reason they've dissappeared except in the background in many moments. It's probably just a lull, hopefully this one will get back on track cause I've told a lot of people to watch this one.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I've grown tired of it. It's really not as funny as it used to be. I only really laughed once at the last episode, and that was for Al Gore's last line.
    I think we just have different tastes in humor, because I didn't find the whale line very funny. It seemed like a line out of South Park - way more cartoonish in the portrayal of his personality. I don't mind South Park, but I don't like it much either.

Watching this show now. A few episodes into season 2. Loving it. Baldwin is the best. Could do without Krakowski. And the writers are not very funny. But Fey, Kenneth, Tracy, and Baldwin more than make up for it.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Could do without Krakowski.
    She's my least favorite character, as well.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Krakowski is the hardest to write for because it seems like Arrested Development took care of that character already.

Portia DeRossi > Jane Krakowski easily

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I like Krakowski a lot. I don't really like the way they write her character though.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    I like Krakowski a lot. I don't really like the way they write her character though.
    With that, I'll still say that I laugh at her character a lot.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I started watching Season 1 and I'm on the third episode. I wish I had viewed this show when it was on the air. Hilarious stuff.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I started watching Season 1 and I'm on the third episode. I wish I had viewed this show when it was on the air. Hilarious stuff.
    Oh wow, if you're enjoying those early episodes that much, you're going to be over the moon once it really finds itself over the course of that first season and more or less doesn't lose that insane rhythm for years.

Been really feeling the urge to watch it all again recently, especially since it's one of those shows where there are genuinely so many jokes crammed into every episode (and every scene!) that I know I never caught that shouldn't go to waste, but also there's still all the bits I really know and love that I haven't seen in far too long. Plus there are a lot of episodes I missed the first time around in the middle seasons that I still find myself viewing as brand new when I happen upon them in syndication.

One of the most gloriously goofy and endearingly madcap shows there ever was.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

i've found it hard to muster the enthusiasm to watch a lot of newer tv and have just been watching 30 rock for at least the past month

rewatching it i've just realized this is definitely my favorite sitcom, and probably my favorite tv show, of all time

I like to hear that it becomes even better in later seasons. Also I wish I had tuned in when it was still on the air.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?