Page 214 of 298 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 7448

Thread: The NBA Thread

Director
    For the tinfoil hatters... This was 2 weeks ago.

http://www.terezowens.com/anthony-da...cks-up-chicks/

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    This league is so fixed. Didn't even need that picture for evidence. From the refs to the league office, it's a complete scam.

David Stern should have hit Michael Jordan from behind with a steel chair.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    I am always stunned when people claim Rondo is the best PG in the league. Teams don't guard him outside the painted area. The playbook on him is to let him shoot whenever he wants. This is supposed to be the best PG in the league?! Sure he racks up assists and makes plays, but he also plays with three HOFers who can consistenty hit shots from anywhere on the court.

CP3 is an all-world PG and easily the best in the league at that position. It's not even close.
    No way the current incarnation of Paul with his knees could've replicated tonight's Rondo performance. Felt like 1 on 5 at multiple points and he almost pulled it out. Which criticism of his game has he not answered in these playoffs?

Rondo's jumper looks a lot better this postseason. It almost seems somewhat reliable. But what remains true is that opposing teams will double-team Paul while the playbook on Rondo is still to have his man play five feet off him. I can't seriously consider someone the "best player" at a position if opposing teams don't bother to guard him. That just doesn't work for me. Also, I'm quite sure if the Celtics swapped out Rondo for Paul, they would easily be the most stacked team in the Eastern Conference. Conversely, you put Rondo on the Clippers, and I think they barely make the playoffs. Paul had a bum hip that limited him against the Spurs and Grizzlies, but his knees were good enough for third place in MVP voting this year.

Rondo is a great player. I'm actually a fan, and what he did tonight was spectacular. I just think Chris Paul is a once-a-generation point guard (as noted above) who can do anything a perimeter basketball player can be expected to do. I don't see that in Rondo. If his jumper keeps developing to the point where's respected outside the paint and he gets his FT% up about 30 points, then we'll talk.

NBA's problematic ownership of Hornets opens door to talk of rigged draft lottery

"It's such a joke that the league made the new owners be at the lottery for the show," one high-ranking team executive told Yahoo! Sports. "The league still owns the Hornets. Ask their front office if new owners can make a trade right now. They can't. This is a joke."

The reaction of several league executives was part disgust, part resignation on Wednesday night. So many had predicted this happening, so many suspected that somehow, someway, the Hornets would walk away with Davis. That's the worst part for the NBA; these aren't the railings from the guy sitting at the corner tavern, but the belief of those working within the machinery that something undue happened here, that they suspect it happens all the time under Stern.

There's no proof, and there will never be proof. Yet, there's an appearance of impropriety – always an appearance – that marches arm-and-arm with Stern into the twilight of his commissionership, marches right out the door with him.

Anthony Davis has one of the most impressive unibrows I've ever seen.

Fuck it, I'm right there with the conspiracy theorists now. Also I'm gladly welcoming more people to the "David Stern Is The Worst Commissioner In All Sports" bandwagon. If I ever met him on the street, I'll tell him he sucks at his job and that us Suns fans still haven't forgotten what happened in the playoffs against the Spurs.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

I don't buy these conspiracy claims for a second but if the NBA wanted to avoid these accusations they could just, you know, get rid of the lottery altogether.

Also teams tank anyways just to have even a remote shot at getting the #1 pick, so the lottery doesn't change or fix that problem regardless. I remember when the Boston Celtics were accused of doing that, as well as Golden State this season.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

RIP Orlando Woolridge. He was only 52 years old.

The Wizards have made Randy Wittman their head coach. WHYYYY

The lottery is hilariously wonky drama and a wonderful 15 seconds of television. It would be a crime to get rid of it. Glad Anthony Davis won't waste away in Charlotte

They should do EPL rules. Finish in the final three and you get demoted to the minors...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Was getting nervous for a bit last night.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Boston has outplayed Miami by a significant margin in three of the four games. The only exception was the first game where they were 36 hours removed from game seven of the Philly series. The challenge is going to be playing well enough to combat suspect officiating favoring James/Wade. They basically have to play perfectly for significant stretches to come away with a W.

Director
    Maine local news is the best.

[youtube]wXFzxhlwq1o[/youtube]

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Maine local news is the best.

[youtube]wXFzxhlwq1o[/youtube]
    Hope the series doesn't end in a 3-3-1 split, would make it tough on the Western Conference team to take on both teams in the finals! :lol:
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Neil Olshey will not be returning to the Clippers as general manager. And they're bringing back Vinny Del Negro. :frustrated:

Also, the NBA.com store is selling this t-shirt:

I'm willing to bet that DHoward shirt isn't the biggest seller. :crazy:

After the first two games of the Western Conference Finals, I'd written off OK Thunder, but I'm excited to see if they can close out the Spurs on Wednesday... this is the Western conference team I want to see in the NBA Finals.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I'm getting sick of Westbrook acting like every dunk or layup he makes is the first one he's ever made. It's like c'mon dude act like you've played basketball before.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I'm getting sick of Westbrook acting like every dunk or layup he makes is the first one he's ever made. It's like c'mon dude act like you've played basketball before.
    Aww, poor spoiled Lakers fans don't like the new kids on the block.

I kid, but come on. Getting upset over a 23-year old getting over-excited in the biggest series of his life comes of as sour grapes.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Aww, poor spoiled Lakers fans don't like the new kids on the block.

I kid, but come on. Getting upset over a 23-year old getting over-excited in the biggest series of his life comes of as sour grapes.
    I like the Lakers but I definitely wouldn't consider myself a "Lakers fan". I'm a NBA fan. I have no loyalty to the Lakers other then Kobe Bryant was my favorite player when I was in high school so by default I liked the Lakers. I like Rondo and Kevin Love just as much as I like Kobe at this point.

Westbrook does this constantly no matter what series. He needs someone from the Spurs to knock him on his ass.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I'll admit I was hasty in writing off the Thunder, but this is only because I've endlessly experienced the team I'm rooting for to win failing miserably and losing. However I'm still unsure if the Celtics will beat the Heat or not-they've got the advantage of having one more game at home, but Miami is younger. Plus Bosh might return in time.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Director
    I thought the Spurs were going to roll. This is pretty surprising.

Hopefully the Celtics can pull this one out tonight.