Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: True Blood

In spite of some lazy-ass writing this season (or more likely because of), this show has lately become as thrilling and entertaining as it's ever been, which bodes well for tomorrow night's finale.

I think the greatest accomplishment this season was turning Tara into a character whose presence didn't make me want to claw my eyes out. Her rapport with Pam has been a consistent highlight throughout this season.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

This has become a pattern with them since Season 3. Coast lazily for the first half to the point of boredom, and suddenly ramp shit up so awesome in the last few episodes that you can't wait for it to come back the next year. It's textbook drug dealing, man.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Yeah, I kinda agree. Aside from the episode that spent most of its time wrapping up the Ifrit and Obamas stuff, the second half has managed to merge the storylines in surprisingly exciting ways. I really liked the way they handled the Lillith apparitions "choosing" everyone one by one, and I too was shocked at how well the big Hoyt scene worked, especially since earlier this season all I could think was "Jeeez. Just kill him off already" as he mulled around Fangtasia as a bite-junkie.

Or maybe it's just since Breaking Bad came back I don't need to rely on this to deliver the entirety of my Sunday night TV fix and have just remembered to love it for the adorable, bloody mess it is.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Agreed. I fell about 4 episodes behind but sped through them last week and the season really started humming. And I was surprisingly moved by Hoyt's send-off as well. I was disappointed at the end of the diner scene that it was so much about Hoyt and Jessica while Jason was relegated to an also-mentioned, considering they'd been life-long friends. Made up for in Jason's heartbreaking scene at the roadside. Such a great actor.

The fairy elder though? Laaaaaaame. Most disappointing confrontation of all time her "battle" with Russell.

This show...

I've been pretty quiet about this season mostly bc I lost interest and it merely became background noise for me, but the past few episodes really ramped things up. They've absolutely cut all ties to reality, haven't they?

An improvement over the past two years. That finale was as thrilling as the show has ever been.

Great fucking finale.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!"
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    I thought it was mostly a big wet fart of a finale.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Ahaha, this show. Never change.

Well, if you were to change in a way that shed all of your laggy storylines involving characters that don't really matter (*cough* Alcide *sneeze* Terry's haunted deployment), leading to a more concentrated flow of the sort of fantastic lunacy delivered in the best of this finale, then by all means.

[
    ]
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

For the fans, Rutger Hauer will be a regular in season six!

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/ru...season-6-59326
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    wtf
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334