Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    the original actress that played tara was so terrible, glad she got replaced
    I thought only Rutina had been on TV. Have they aired an episode or the pilot with Brook Kerr?

Maybe I'm confused.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    I thought only Rutina had been on TV. Have they aired an episode or the pilot with Brook Kerr?

Maybe I'm confused.
    Nope, you are right. Only Rutina has been on TV.

The original pilot with the other actress was leaked a couple months ago on the internet and to the best of my knowledge hasn't aired yet. It is available in the usual places though (torrents / newsgroups).

Third ep was hilarious. I'm glad that HBO has renewed this for a second season already.

By the way, I interviewed Alan Ball.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

3 episodes in, pretty sure this show isn't anything.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I'm glad that HBO has renewed this for a second season already.
    Great news! I didn't know they ordered a second season already. That is really fast. Maybe they can be a little bit more risky now that the shadow of possible cancellation is gone.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Great news! I didn't know they ordered a second season already. That is really fast. Maybe they can be a little bit more risky now that the shadow of possible cancellation is gone.
    They jumped high in ratings on the 2nd ep, which is rare for TV shows, let alone HBO. Usually they nosedive after the pilot. The word of mouth on this show is proving to be excellent.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    3 episodes in, pretty sure this show isn't anything.
    Also 3 episodes in, pretty sure you're wrong. It's not The Wire or Deadwood, but what is?
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I should note that I'm probably going to keep watching it.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I should note that I'm probably going to keep watching it.
    [
    ]
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Haha, this show is so naff.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Every time I see an ad for this show, it looks horrible. I just can't bring myself to catch up and start watching.

Holy shit, the last episode was awesome. Was not expecting that ending. It's so cheesy and I love it.

Lafayette's response to AIDS burger was hilariously awesome.

"Tip your waitress!"

Also, Jason's "Join in! It's beautiful!" had me laughing so hard.

Between this show and Entourage, my Sunday nights are always filled with laughs.
    Movie Theater Diary

Just got around to watching the latest episode. Good stuff.

What is the deal with Sam?

[
    ]

They're beating the whole "he's that dog" so hard that it can't be true.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    They're beating the whole "he's that dog" so hard that it can't be true.
    Yeah, it bothers me that they're dragging it out this much.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Yeah, it bothers me that they're dragging it out this much.
    i don't think they are anymore. this recent episode last night had the dog outside while Sam was inside fixing the trailer. so basically they were just toying with us, knowing that we'd be thinking he was the dog and that cutting the scenes like this many episodes in would dispell the theory. it was a little irritating. like i could see the writers and their self-satisfied grins at how gullible we are.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    i don't think they are anymore. this recent episode last night had the dog outside while Sam was inside fixing the trailer. so basically they were just toying with us, knowing that we'd be thinking he was the dog and that cutting the scenes like this many episodes in would dispell the theory. it was a little irritating. like i could see the writers and their self-satisfied grins at how gullible we are.
    But then they threw us that scene where he runs through the woods naked in the morning after a full moon.

Those bastards!
    Movie Theater Diary

I got spoilered on what Sam is. For those who want to know:

[
    ]

This show rules.

I still have to watch the last two episodes. I think I'll do that tonight.

Has anyone finished this already? I just watched 2 episodes and I still have 3 episodes to go. I still like it a lot, although it's ridiculously over the top.

Haha, that Wii product placement scene was crazy. :lol:

And Alexander Skarsgård must play Thor in the upcoming movie.

i finished it. i thought it was great, with a gripe or two, and am really looking forward to next season

Yeah, I finished it, and despite its many glaring, obvious flaws, I just enjoyed the hell out of it, and am really looking forward to the next season.

It started to feel like Nip/Tuck to me. It's so fucking trashy and ridiculous that you can't help but to admire its really deft grasp of wild entertainment. It's that so nose-thumbingly intentional why-so-serious-just-go-with-it-and-enjoy kind of show. The cliffhanger at the end of the finale pretty much demonstrated this.

Loved it.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast