Thread: Wonder Woman (animated)

Wonder Woman (animated)

February 2009 will bring us a DTV Wonder Woman film from DC Animation, with Keri Russell voicing the heroine.

More information can be found here.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Trailer

10-minute featurette

Well, I'm willing to venture a guess that this is going to be much better than Superman: Doomsday, New Frontier and Gotham Knight--three movies I was lukewarm towards.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Trailer

10-minute featurette

Well, I'm willing to venture a guess that this is going to be much better than Superman: Doomsday, New Frontier and Gotham Knight--three movies I was lukewarm towards.
    I thought New Frontier was awesome but yeah the other two sucked. I have high hopes for the WW one.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

First half of New Frontier was awesome. Second half not so much.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

i only really liked about two of the gotham knight shorts

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    i only really liked about two of the gotham knight shorts
    I only really liked In Darkness Dwells and Deadshot. But I thought the other ones weren't too shabby either. Sometimes it was only the anime style which didn't fit the storyline what screwed them up.

working through pain was my favorite. that final image with batman holding all those guns in his hands looking up sort of hopelessly at alfred was perfect

have i got a story for you (the first one) was second

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I thought all of the Gotham Knight shorts were atrocious and it had nothing to do with the anime style.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    working through pain was my favorite. that final image with batman holding all those guns in his hands looking up sort of hopelessly at alfred was perfect

have i got a story for you (the first one) was second
    Ha, those are exactly the only two that I liked too.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Ha, those are exactly the only two that I liked too.
    o/

My ranking:

1. Working Through Pain - Awesome, and the only one that really felt like it's part of the Nolan-verse.
    2. Have I Got a Story for You - Very, very, very fun. And it had the best animation.
    3. In Darkness Dwells - Nice creepy Scarecrow, but the story's incoherent and the dialogue's terrible. That's Goyer for ya.
    4. Crossfire - The beginning Allen/Montoya stuff is nice (cause Rucka knows his Gotham PD), but the sudden gang war is stupid.
    5. Deadshot - Just... boring.
    6. Field Test - Absolute retarded, especially the Batman costume design.
    Movie Theater Diary