Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: exercise thread

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Eric, who the fuck is this Jules Chumak chick? She looks like the least athletic person I've ever seen according to her FB. There's no way she should be anywhere near me in steps right now.

I played soccer every single day this week just for this challenge and I'm playing tomorrow morning at 7am. If she beats me, I'm going to be furious.

PS- don't tell her that.
    A good friend of mine that lives in Vegas. She does a ton of running and has a visual merchandising job, so she walks a lot on top of that. Great person.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    A good friend of mine that lives in Vegas. She does a ton of running and has a visual merchandising job, so she walks a lot on top of that. Great person.
    She's also gotten 100k steps in a week once. She almost always wins lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Anyone here try Orange Theory?

My initial thoughts were "Wow" that flew by. Pretty unique "class" motivation.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Anyone here try Orange Theory?

My initial thoughts were "Wow" that flew by. Pretty unique "class" motivation.
    I've heard nothing but good things. I figured I'd give them a free trial sometime.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've heard nothing but good things. I figured I'd give them a free trial sometime.
    I did it with my girlfriend last night. All your info is projected on a monitor and you can "compete" with everyone else int he class via, heart rate, calories burned and "time in the orange zone"- which is the heart rate zone you want to be for maximum fat burning.

I burned 950 calories in 60 minutes. Crazy effective.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

damn. sounds like something that would be really effective, if only I had the time for it.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    damn. sounds like something that would be really effective, if only I had the time for it.
    Yeah, I'm unsure of their pricing/classes. Need to read that.

I'm doing some Corepower Yoga right now and think that's great.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

She's also gotten 100k steps in a week once. She almost always wins lol.
    she still cheats.

she still cheats.
    Ha. Doubt it. The weather in Vegas is perfect right now.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Definitely got my first concussion at soccer this morning. Short term memory loss and blacked out for a few seconds. Now I'm at work.

Thoughts?

you're married now. all exercise needs to stop immediately.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I just played organized soccer for the first time in six months. My body hates me, but also loves me. I gained 20 pounds since this time last year.

Definitely got my first concussion at soccer this morning. Short term memory loss and blacked out for a few seconds. Now I'm at work.

Thoughts?
    Also, to come back to this- I ended up going to the emergency room for the hell of it. Doctor's there were totally unimpressed with me. Didn't even blink at the memory loss statement. They said something to the effect of, "oh you can black out and not get a concussion".

They scanned me anyway, and didn't notice anything of concern. No concussion symptoms either. Ho hum I guess.

First time ever blacked out.

I've been concussed at least 3 times (sparring), and I've seen friends be concussed. Memory loss is absolutely a thing that goes with that.

Training on the incline trainer with a 20 pound vest for mule deer hunt in October.

Plus hauling heavy shit up and down the stairs during the remodel.

Put on five pounds over the past year, already cut a couple pounds. Cutting back on drinking takes care of that quick.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I've gained weight in the last year, but thats a good thing. Getting back to level after covid whipped my ass.

For workouts, I'm still on the Beachbody thing, my current favorite being the LIIFT4 program, which is about 2/3 traditional weightlifting, with the remaining third being HIIT, with a bit of core work thrown in at the end. Really like Joel Freeman who runs the program, just the right mix of motivation and goofiness.

However, I need to been through it a good ten times at least by now, so I think I might try something new. Current plan is to give Joel Freeman's newer program, 10 Rounds, a boxing inspired workout a try.

Doing yoga, indoor soccer at least once a week, and ensuring 10k steps a day (almost at a year) has kept me at the same weight for the last year. Phew. I eat what I want on weekends, as evidenced, and only drink on weekend events. Works for me.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920